Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 2021 Mason Landeck

I think most of us agree that Foster is likely a role player as he develops. Sometimes guys surprise us but I don't see him as star by any means.

Looks like Mason is switching high schools.........

https://www.yakimaherald.com/sports/...714a09638.html

3rd year of HS, 3rd team.

Yeah.
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    3rd year of HS, 3rd team.

Yeah.
    I grew up in oregon where 6A was the biggest and therefore had most of the best players and 1A was the smallest schools. Does anybody know if this is the same or reversed for Washington?

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    I grew up in oregon where 6A was the biggest and therefore had most of the best players and 1A was the smallest schools. Does anybody know if this is the same or reversed for Washington?
    Same...higher classification number = larger enrollment. His new school, Zillah, is same 1A classification as his 2nd school Cashmere. Both small schools only slightly larger than his first school, 2B Kittitas.

http://http://www.wiaa.com/subcontent.aspx?SecID=1097
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Hard pass on this one. He’s got some issues to work through.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Hard pass on this one. He’s got some issues to work through.
    We are not even recruiting him. I know some guys on here want us to, but the staff is not wasting their time on this kid. He could potentially walk on, but will never get minutes at Gonzaga!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    4a is largest in Wa, but more often than not, the best team(s) in the state are from the 3a Metro league. w $a Gonzaga Prep and Federal way being the recent exceptions.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    We are not even recruiting him. I know some guys on here want us to, but the staff is not wasting their time on this kid. He could potentially walk on, but will never get minutes at Gonzaga!
    Exactly. Not sure why we have a 3-page thread going on a guy that GU has never shown interest in.

Exactly. Not sure why we have a 3-page thread going on a guy that GU has never shown interest in.
    If he is interested in going to GU I'm all about speculating about a quality walk on. If he knows how to put the ball in the cup it will make practices more competitive for scholarship players. And who know he could be like David Stockton who got to earn his way to being a scholarship player.

You don't know Mason or his family....he is a kid...who just finished his sophomore year in high school …. to say that he has " issues " or that recruiting him is a "waste" is no more than meanspirited gossip …. I am sure he will do just fine with or without Gonzaga....

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    You don't know Mason or his family....he is a kid...who just finished his sophomore year in high school …. to say that he has " issues " or that recruiting him is a "waste" is no more than meanspirited gossip …. I am sure he will do just fine with or without Gonzaga....
    Hope he figures things out because he’s a hard worker. But he’s got issues. I’ll leave it at that.

Hope he figures things out because he’s a hard worker. But he’s got issues. I’ll leave it at that.
    Don't we all !!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I don’t see that Caldwell said anything about purported “issues” with this kid. I can understand some fans wanting GU to go after local, small town/school recruits - whether it be due to affection for the town/city, the particular kid, or because there were some zags in the past where it worked out.

It seems to me that the staff is generally aiming higher, especially lately. It’s not a coincidence that our greatest success has come when we had 2 McDonald’s all Americans on the team (NWG, Collins). If we want to get back and maintain that level, we will need to get those high level recruits which, so far, mason landeck is not. It doesn’t mean I’m rooting against him or don’t wish him success.

I guess I am confused on what you are implying about my comment. Never did I say anything about this kid or his family, only our staff is not wasting their time on this kid, meaning he is not the caliber of recruit we are currently going after, period end of story, nothing against him or his family.

I thought your comments were inappropriate ….expressions like " Not even"....." wasting time"...… "will never"

Are you speaking for Mark ??? …..writting off a kid who has only completed 2 years of HS is premature imo….that is all I am going to say about it....

I thought your comments were inappropriate ….expressions like " Not even"....." wasting time"...… "will never"

Are you speaking for Mark ??? …..writting off a kid who has only completed 2 years of HS is premature imo….that is all I am going to say about it....
    Sounds good. I was giving you insight that I have, directly from Mark's mouth no, but from some very close to Mark. Sorry for being bluntly honest about a kid that is not a Gonzaga level recruit. I share insight with you guys all the time, but now when it's not what you want it's inappropriate. Got it note to self only give the "appropriate" news.

Sounds good. I was giving you insight that I have, directly from Mark's mouth no, but from some very close to Mark. Sorry for being bluntly honest about a kid that is not a Gonzaga level recruit. I share insight with you guys all the time, but now when it's not what you want it's inappropriate. Got it note to self only give the "appropriate" news.
    Can we actually just lock this thread since we don’t need any more verbal sparring between members over a non recruit?