Thread: Gonzaga Baseball: Adds Three for 2020 Season

Post Gonzaga Baseball: Adds Three for 2020 Season

Baseball Adds Three for 2020 Season

SPOKANE, Wash. — Gonzaga baseball added three incoming freshmen to its roster for the 2019-20 academic year, head coach Mark Machtolf announced Monday.

Infielder Alex Brenner and pitchers Brody Jessee and Jack Moffitt will join the Zags starting in the Fall 2019, adding to a strong incoming class.

Brenner, a senior at Skyline High School, earned 4A All-State and All-King County honors, while helping lead Skyline to the state title in 2016. In his career, he's also earned the Curt Daniels Defensive MVP award and was named to the Brandy Pugh All-Tournament team. Jessee comes to Gonzaga from South Anchorage High School and has been a four-time Under Armour Pre-Season All American and was the 2018 Baseball Factory MVP at the Arizona Senior Fall Classic. Moffitt, a tall right-hander adds to the pitching depth for the Zags future after a joining the Seattle Prep varsity squad's starting rotation as a junior in 2018.

Alex Brenner | INF | Sammamish, Wash.
    Why Brenner chose Gonzaga: "I choose Gonzaga because I loved the school and atmosphere. The baseball team is super talented and competitive, and will help me grow as a person and a player."
    Coach Machtolf on Brenner: "We are very excited to welcome Alex to our baseball program, he's a very solid middle infield prospect who has been a consistent performer throughout his amateur career."

Brody Jessee | RHP | Anchorage, Alaska
    Why Jessee chose Gonzaga: "I chose Gonzaga because I felt that with their set of values, I will not only grow as a baseball player, but I will also grow as an individual."
    Coach Machtolf on Jessee: "We see Brody as a guy who has a very high ceiling, and has the chance to thrive in our system. We are very excited to welcome him to Spokane from Alaska."

Jack Moffitt | RHP | Seattle, Wash.
    Why Moffitt chose Gonzaga: "Spokane has been an important place in my life, and I've made many great memories here. I can't wait to make new memories with my soon to be classmates and teammates, and I am honored to be a part of the Bulldog family."
    Coach Machtolf on Moffitt: "Jack is another RHP who we think has his best days in front of him. We are excited to see what the future holds for him with added strength and development."

Gonzaga Article Link

Thanks Terp. Exciting news.
    This ain't rocket surgery!