Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Were there any recent recruiting "misses" you regret?

Frankie Ferrari

Oh, wrong year
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Farmer, Roy plus Morrison would be my dream team. Farmer visited twice Roy's car broke down on the way to visit so he didn't visit.

Farmar cut both ways.......can't beat that

Quote Originally Posted by Outraged View Post
    Farmer, Roy plus Morrison would be my dream team. Farmer visited twice Roy's car broke down on the way to visit so he didn't visit.
    Didn’t know that Brandon Roy’s car broke down on the way. Wow, he would’ve been an incredible Zag!

No regrets. Few has done an awesome job with who does commit or transfer. "It is what it is"

Go Zags!

Ridnour, who might also have brought Luke Jackson with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaga View Post
    No regrets. Few has done an awesome job with who does commit or transfer. "It is what it is"

Go Zags!
    Lots of truth to this.

Instead of crying over missed players, I am better off enjoying the ones we got.

We didn't miss on Turiaf, Morrison, Heytvelt, Gray (one of all-time favorite guys), Pangos/Bell, Collins, Wilt, Sabonis, Rui, Tillie, Perk ... that's one hell of a list, and many left off w/o any slight.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Jordon Farmar would have been good, but Brandon Roy and Jon Brockman would have both given us the National Championship IMO.

No

In fact, love how Few and co. have adjusted to recruit super studs both internationally and domestically

If you recruit a kid and they decide to go elsewhere, I don't think you can regret it or call it a miss. To me , regretting a miss is when a kid wants to come, and you pass on him, and that turns out to be a mistake. So Joe Harris.

And from what I read here, Few wanted to recruit Damian Lillard, but one of the assts (Rice?) talked him out of it.

Joe Harris and Zach Lavine stand out.

I know we didn't offer Harris which was.... weird.. It's not like we have an aversion to smaller school local guys who tear it up and he's been the best smaller school player out of Washington from what I can remember (sorry Josh and Pendo).

Zach Lavine I can't remember if we offered or not? I do remember a thread on here and a lot of people breaking him down when he was at Bothell like he wasn't good enough for the zags or something.. lol

Joe Harris. Can't get much bigger than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post

I know we didn't offer Harris which was.... weird.. It's not like we have an aversion to smaller school local guys who tear it up and he's been the best smaller school player out of Washington from what I can remember (sorry Josh and Pendo).

Zach Lavine I can't remember if we offered or not? I do remember a thread on here and a lot of people breaking him down when he was at Bothell like he wasn't good enough for the zags or something.. lol
    LaVine was said to be UCLA all the way; family in LA or something. I don't remember people dissing him on here, but I do remember seeing him his jr year at Bothell when he'd grown to 6'3 or 4, and my brother and I both being fairly positive he'd be a 1 and doner.

Brockman. We had him. Then 11th hour he changed. He did tell me personally he wanted the Zags. Dunno but he’d have made us FF or better

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Didn’t know that Brandon Roy’s car broke down on the way. Wow, he would’ve been an incredible Zag!
    I should have said "he said his car broke down". Stockton was going to meet with him. Not a big deal. What these misses show is effort was being applied and it was this effort that led to a different outcome for other recruits. Without effort you have nothing.

Lots of Zag fans do not realize how close Few came to landing Brandon Roy. He lost him by a whisker.

Imagine this 2005/06 lineup:

Derek Raivio
    Brandon Roy
    Adam Morrison
    Mr. Turiaf
    JP Batista

That was also a year when Gonzaga was handed an easy bracket but screwed it up by losing to Texas Tech. I am 90% confident if GU had beaten Tech that they would've gone to the Final 4 that year because no teams in that sweet 16 had the dudes to handle Turiaf and Batista. Imagine adding Roy to the mix with a better seed than a 3.

The answer to this question is always Joe Harris. He would've been a perfect zag.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post

Donny was all in on Zach .... and for a loooong time it appeared as if Gonzaga had a legitimate shot at him.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/...03#post1221003