Thread: Today’s games

Default Today’s games

Boise State up 69-68 with 2 minutes left over Nevada

47 seconds left now.

BSU up 2 with the ball.

CbsSports Network

Dang, Broncos miss, Nevada’s Cody Martin hits a 3. He was shooting under 20% on the season.
    BSU had a foul to to give too. Smh
    Still 4.5 seconds left.

Nevada wins.
    Carry on.

I just get the feeling that NV is going to lose another game or two in the MWC, which is behind the WCC right now in the metrics. Leon's kids are not very good this season. Gonzaga is at 4 at kenpom, NV is at 15. GU is at 6 with NET, NV is at 24. Unless the Zags really screw it up, I just can't see NV getting the number one seed out west over them. For one thing, I don't care what anyone says, a 27 pt loss at UNM (who is .500 right now) pretty much disqualifies you from number one seed consideration unless you have some monster wins to make up for it. It is kind of interesting that the NET has Texas Tech ranked ahead of Gonzaga (they are at 5). While Texas Tech is number one in the nation in defensive efficiency at kenpom, they are only 95 in offensive efficiency. I know people argue that defense wins championships, but you still need to score, and 95 is not one or even two seed material. It's why Duke was able to beat them. At the end of the day, in crunch time, NBA lottery pick level players can score against tough defenses. That's where the "defense wins championships" motto fails. You have to defend well, but in the end, I am going with the team that defends well but has great offense over a team that has elite defense and mediocre offense. It'll be interesting to see how the committee looks at these NET rankings and compares them to kenpom and other metrics come Selection Sunday.

They can always fall back on RPI if there is a question...like how do we get Duke a #1 seed, and similar P5 truisms!
    I'm laughing. Why aren't you?

They need to change the RPI to RIP.