Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2019 - Martynas Arlauskas Commit

Default 2019 - Martynas Arlauskas Commit

New scouting video posted Jan 4, 2019:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pjnr4fnhoNE

Can someone please explain to me how he is the #42 recruit in the country? I just dont see it from any of his videos. Granted, this isn't a highlight video, but in many cases it looks like a low light video.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Can someone please explain to me how he is the #42 recruit in the country? I just dont see it from any of his videos. Granted, this isn't a highlight video, but in many cases it looks like a low light video.
    Not the best video I have seen of him, but I know he was one of our priority recruits for a reason. He has the skills, but might be a year or two away. He is not Timme or Watson ready yet, but has as much upside as either of them and that is why I think he ranks that high.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Not the best video I have seen of him, but I know he was one of our priority recruits for a reason. He has the skills, but might be a year or two away. He is not Timme or Watson ready yet, but has as much upside as either of them and that is why I think he ranks that high.
    He reminds me of a less athletic version of Kispert.

LOL. Yeah, that video looks so-so at best. I guess this is when fans just have to trust the GU staff.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    He reminds me of a less athletic version of Kispert.

good shooter

not so good maker

Remember, every team needs deep bench depth

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    i wouldn't worry about it too much. while the scouting video is "new", the game they took it from was a U16 game from '16. it's not exactly up-to-date, and most (if not all) of our recruiting and evaluation process has happened since then.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    i wouldn't worry about it too much. while the scouting video is "new", the game they took it from was a U16 game from '16. it's not exactly up-to-date, and most (if not all) of our recruiting and evaluation process has happened since then.

Just a bit of a "technicality" eh?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Just a bit of a "technicality" eh?
    a bit. lots of this stuff makes more sense when we seek out and understand the context, THEN react

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    Thats is exactly what I was looking for. Kid played with Pangos right? Has to have something to do with it.

mid range floaters are a rare enough thing in college ball that I do pay attention when someone has one in their arsenal.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    mid range floaters are a rare enough thing in college ball that I do pay attention when someone has one in their arsenal.
    Yeah, it's almost weird to see a guy who shoots mid-range shots. Rui is great at it.

Can’t wait to see him in a Zag uni!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

The guy is like the forgotten recruit. Does anyone know where he's even playing this season?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    The guy is like the forgotten recruit. Does anyone know where he's even playing this season?
    he's recovering from injury...would assume he's still with zalgiris

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    he's recovering from injury...would assume he's still with zalgiris
    Oh ok. Thanks

Martynas been injured much of his season, not playing much, so tough to gauge.

Not sure about him.

Projects as a shooting and slashing wing, yet a career sub 30% 3pt shooter. Doesnt show great strength or quickness to "slash". Has good length but seems to shy away from contact once in the lane and/or struggles to finish consistently.

Plays with older players yet never really scored more than 10 pts in any one game, averages less than 6 ppg.

He gets bounced off rebounds.

Based on our other recruits, doesn't seem a clear fit. If he was a good shooter, sure. Or rebounder, or strong, or quick. Seems more intrigue than actual ability. A 6'6" wing with solid handles.

Seems fundamentally sound, with decent size, length, but never really performed at a high level. And has been oft injured with minor stuff last 2 seasons.

I'm sold on every one of our incoming recruits, save him. Even Brock Ravet is a terrific offensive talent yet terrible defense, you can still see him as an asset.

This kid reminds me of Micah Downs without the shot or athleticism.

He looks good on paper for his position, and seems to play hard, but easily defended and below average shooter/attributes.

Anyone else have better feeling or feedback on this kid?

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post

Not sure about him.

Projects as a shooting and slashing wing, yet a career sub 30% 3pt shooter. Doesnt show great strength or quickness to "slash". Has good length but seems to shy away from contact once in the lane and/or struggles to finish consistently.

Plays with older players yet never really scored more than 10 pts in any one game, averages less than 6 ppg.

Based on our other recruits, doesn't seem a clear fit. If he was a good shooter, sure. Or rebounder, or strong, or quick. Seems more intrigue than actual ability. A 6'6" wing with solid handles.

Seems fundamentally sound, with decent size, length, but never really performed at a high level. And has been oft injured with minor stuff last 2 seasons.

I'm sold on every one of our incoming recruits, save him. Even Brock Ravet is a terrific offensive talent yet terrible defense, you can still see him as an asset.

He looks good on paper for his position, and seems to play hard, but easily defended and below average shooter/attributes.

I see him as bench depth like Foster and Joel. Not every recruit is going to be a star and that is OK

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post

Not sure about him.

Just wondering why such a high recruiting ranking for him? Somebody saw something.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Just wondering why such a high recruiting ranking for him? Somebody saw something.
    Kids get over ranked all of the time, see Marquise Bolden as Exhibit A.

He has played well when the competition is its own age. You have to remember he's playing against grown men.

Steven Karr from the Slipper Still Fits recently described Arlauskas as "a combination of Mike Hart and [David] Pendergraft with quicker feet."

https://www.spreaker.com/user/spokes...702-pressbox_1