Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Imagine

BigDawg, Your statement about what a great team it would be, adding Melo to the core of Rui, Tillie and Clarke, makes no sense. By the time Melo was even on the roster, those 3 that you named will most likely be long gone.

BigDawg, your statement of how great it would be to see Melo teamed up with Rui, Tillie and Clarke a makes no sense. IF, a huge IF... If Melo was to come to GU, most likely, Rui, Tillie and Clarke will all be long gone.

GU's next incoming class will do just fine without Melo. Find other waters to troll in.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigDawg View Post
    I guess it is unanimous then. No Melo in Zag uniform.

In all probability, Melo wouldn't come anyway. Spokane is a lonely outpost 300 miles from the nearest slice of civilization. The winter would probably remind him too much of playing in Lithuania--snow and trees, etc.; and he hated Lithuania.

Funny thing is, I bet if you asked Rui and Co. if they would want Melo on their team, it would be unanimous the other way around. Could you imagine all the points off alley-oop dunks with Melo on the roster? Rui, Kill & BC with Melo would be the most exciting team in basketball. Not college basketball. Basketball period.

Tommy would want Melo I am sure. He seems open minded. We need to get cracking at recruiting one & dones in the first place. Coach K saw the light. Not sure if this can be ingrained into Few's subconscious so rapidly but Melo provides a surefire way to step up to the plate.

I am sensing a level of closed-mindedness in this threat that I didn't think I would experience since a good number of posters are presumably the recipients of a first-rate Jesuit education. I haven't read one great argument why Melo shouldn't be recruited besides the super cliche statements that everybody already knows. I keep hearing family atmosphere. Lavar is all about family. Don't judge a book by its cover my friends. Free lesson for today.
    Cmon man, you're talkin' out of both sides of your mouth. You want him to come here & then call Spokane an outpost? Alleyoops? Already got those.

BigDawg. huskie troll? Keep him in the Pac, they don't have as many outposts.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

In all probability, Melo wouldn't come anyway. Spokane is a lonely outpost 300 miles from the nearest slice of civilization. The winter would probably remind him too much of playing in Lithuania--snow and trees, etc.; and he hated Lithuania.

Funny thing is, I bet if you asked Rui and Co. if they would want Melo on their team, it would be unanimous the other way around. Could you imagine all the points off alley-oop dunks with Melo on the roster? Rui, Kill & BC with Melo would be the most exciting team in basketball. Not college basketball. Basketball period.

Tommy would want Melo I am sure. He seems open minded. We need to get cracking at recruiting one & dones in the first place. Coach K saw the light. Not sure if this can be ingrained into Few's subconscious so rapidly but Melo provides a surefire way to step up to the plate.

I am sensing a level of closed-mindedness in this threat that I didn't think I would experience since a good number of posters are presumably the recipients of a first-rate Jesuit education. I haven't read one great argument why Melo shouldn't be recruited besides the super cliche statements that everybody already knows. I keep hearing family atmosphere. Lavar is all about family. Don't judge a book by its cover my friends. Free lesson for today.
    I knew I could count on you for another. I don't know how you do it! Galbraith might be iced up.....up should be good late morning. I'll start my pedal to the top around 10. Keep posting!

TBD - First off, I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion right, wrong or indifferent...opinions are just that opinions.

Since 2011, Coach K has had 14 "one & dones" in his program and during that period, Duke has ONLY been to four Sweet-Sixteens and ONLY one Final Four, so having these players has not made any significant improvement in Duke's success. GU has had one player that left for the NBA after his freshman season and IMO that was somewhat of an abnormal process as Zach was not a starter but a bench player.

In addition, UK has had more "one & dones" than Duke and Coach Cal has had even less success that Coach K. One NC and with one season where they were not invited to the "Dance!"

"One & Done" players have been extremely gifted college basketball players but they are freshman...due to their OJT, they make more mistakes than seasoned players make and in many cases these teams lack cohesion. To each his own but Coach Few has proven that his method has worked and he has no pressure from the school or alums to change over to a system that has not proven to be anymore successful.

It is just my opinion but it appears you have a "win at all costs" philosophy, which is ok but I believe the only ones that MUST WIN AT ALL COSTS are our military...lest we lose sight of what college basketball is all about...education. Again, these are just my opinions and as we all know, they all stink...

And now today there is this article:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...060303854.html

From the article:

While Ball has said he wishes to play college basketball, he has done the following:

hired an agent
    signed a shoe deal with profits going to his family
    played in a Lithuanian professional basketball league (while he wasn’t paid, playing with pros in a pro setting is still an NCAA infraction)
    played in his father’s professional basketball league
    had his father tweet he had accomplished his mission of playing as a pro
    Any one of those actions would likely cause the NCAA to close the gates on one’s amateur status. All five, as well as these latest whispers of money under the table, and you can imagine that Ball probably doesn’t have to worry about scheduling college visits.

[QUOTE=Spike#1;1424330]And now today there is this article:

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-...060303854.html

From the article:

While Ball has said he wishes to play college basketball, he has done the following:

hired an agent Family Friend
    signed a shoe deal with profits going to his family Family Business
    played in a Lithuanian professional basketball league (while he wasn’t paid, playing with pros in a pro setting is still an NCAA infraction)Really?? I guess Elias, Domas, etc., got really lucky then. Or maybe Tommy greased a couple NCAA Infraction Officials on official orders from General Few.
    played in his father’s professional basketball league Family Biz
    had his father tweet he had accomplished his mission of playing as a pro That will definitely hold up
    Any one of those actions would likely cause the NCAA to close the gates on one’s amateur status. All five, as well as these latest whispers of money under the table, and you can imagine that Ball probably doesn’t have to worry about scheduling college visits. NCAA is now letting "top recruits" hire agents while in high school; big changes coming

Uncle
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Lol
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time