Thread: OT - Dont look now, yet UW & Arizona tied for 1st in Pac-12

Default OT - Dont look now, yet UW & Arizona tied for 1st in Pac-12

Both are 4-0 and competing for a PAC 12 title (not saying a ton this yr).

Still, this is great news/look for Zags come March.

Also, UCLA playing significantly better since Alford was fired, their offense looks much improved, more fluid, teamwork, flow.

UCLA has some of the best players -- particularly post players -- in the League, and Alford was still playing 3pt shootout stuff, yet they are playing more post oriented lately = paying off.

- plus add duke atop their league
    - texas southern has but on loss in league and should be a plus all in all.

- but ouch.........Denver last place, Illinois last place, and Creighton one step up from last.

Pac 12. Are they considered mid major now?

UW 3-0, not 4. Played the Cougs week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - plus add duke atop their league
    - texas southern has but on loss in league and should be a plus all in all.

- but ouch.........Denver last place, Illinois last place, and Creighton one step up from last.
    Creighton and Illinois are still decent games just because the conferences they play in, but Denver, I'm still scratching my head over that one. Would rather have just kept 18 WCC games to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by jpn17 View Post
    Creighton and Illinois are still decent games just because the conferences they play in, but Denver, I'm still scratching my head over that one. Would rather have just kept 18 WCC games to be honest.
    Scheduling is usually done at least a year in advance. It isn’t easy to match up other teams schedule even if both want to play each other. Probably get a bit of an upgrade next year. Plus, I suspect Denver was a deserved bonus for a certain five year senior that hails from that neck of the woods.

Don't forget Oregon St. Just as much of a title contender as anybody at this point, up 13 on UCLA w/ 4 seconds left. Tres Tinkle turned out to be a stud. Looks like most or all of the Tinkle family is in attendance.

One of the big analysts....Rothstein, Goodman, I forget the guy......said he is almost 100% certain that the Pac-12 is only getting one team in the dance. I think it's a bit too early to make an assessment like that. But for UW to sweep the Utah/Colorado trip was quite an achievement. Even if the teams aren't good, conference road games are conference road games, and Utah/Colorado has never been a favorite for many teams in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    Don't forget Oregon St. Just as much of a title contender as anybody at this point, up 13 on UCLA w/ 4 seconds left. Tres Tinkle turned out to be a stud. Looks like most or all of the Tinkle family is in attendance.
    Tres Tinkle is the type of player I hoped Kispert could be become.

Tres is a terrific player. Strong, smart, aggressive, good bounce, & versatile.

I feel he has legit shot in the League, as a role player. Just built well, and does a little of everything. Could play as a big SG or scoring wing.

His defense is adequate as well.

He was considering the Zags at one point.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    In my mind they are. Wake me up when they have a team in the AP top 25. But yeah, as long as the Huskies do well, that should boost the Zags RPI.
    UNITED WE ZAG!

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    You talkin about ThE CoNFeReNcE oF cHaMpIoNs???
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    One of the big analysts....Rothstein, Goodman, I forget the guy......said he is almost 100% certain that the Pac-12 is only getting one team in the dance. I think it's a bit too early to make an assessment like that. But for UW to sweep the Utah/Colorado trip was quite an achievement. Even if the teams aren't good, conference road games are conference road games, and Utah/Colorado has never been a favorite for many teams in the league.
    According to the Seattle Times, this was UW's first road sweep since 2013. That's a fairly big deal for them.