Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Post game analysis Gonzaga vs San Francisco

Replay of the game today, Monday, at 2 on ESPNU (I think that's the time and channel). I don't know if it is an actual replay of what went over the air or if they fit the whole game into the allotted time slot.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Against many teams we are going to see Fillip, Foster and Ayayi get many minutes early. But none of them can be in a game when with 3 minutes left it is tied. As fans they would have crucified Few if had played Fillip early minutes and we lost. Few and staff are smart enough to know that the 3 of them need minutes to be ready for next year when we lose most of the team. They are going to have to be part of the older and stable players. And like many people said Fillip would have redshirted if Tillie had not been hurt. Also in March he might be needed against some teams

I spoke with Gonzaga's SID for Men' BB (Sports Information Director) last night about the stat's. I asked him how things are handled if there is a discrepancy. First of all he said he re-watches every game. They generally do not like to "step on any toes" but if he finds something that he feels is substantial then he deals with it. He called his counterpart @ USF with his findings & got some changes. As was mentioned up thread, Perkins should have gotten 5 assists. That was changed. The significant one was BC's blocks (which I brought up earlier). That was changed from 1 to 4 (kinda' "significant", eh)?

The changes are now reflected in the ESPN box score:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=401083638

I checked the kenpom site (subscription, can't copy) & they are not reflected in his box. I will shoot him an email tonight to see what his policy is (he has responded before).

As I'm sure you can understand, these issues could sometimes be delicate. No one wants to question the integrity or capabilities of someone else's crew. Sounds like this particular situation was handled O.K.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

As I'm sure you can understand, these issues could sometimes be delicate. No one wants to question the integrity or capabilities of someone else's crew. .
    On this forum we all know about being "delicate"
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

50, do you happen to know if the assists and blocks were wrongly attributed or were they just missed? I'm curious.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    I spoke with Gonzaga's SID for Men' BB (Sports Information Director) last night about the stat's. I asked him how things are handled if there is a discrepancy. First of all he said he re-watches every game. They generally do not like to "step on any toes" but if he finds something that he feels is substantial then he deals with it. He called his counterpart @ USF with his findings & got some changes. As was mentioned up thread, Perkins should have gotten 5 assists. That was changed. The significant one was BC's blocks (which I brought up earlier). That was changed from 1 to 4 (kinda' "significant", eh)?

The changes are now reflected in the ESPN box score:

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...meId=401083638

I checked the kenpom site (subscription, can't copy) & they are not reflected in his box. I will shoot him an email tonight to see what his policy is (he has responded before).

As I'm sure you can understand, these issues could sometimes be delicate. No one wants to question the integrity or capabilities of someone else's crew. Sounds like this particular situation was handled O.K.
    man we are getting to be snowflake centric....its not about questioning someones cpability its about ensuring the right facts are accounted for (which supports integrity so if one is truly being of mind that integrity is paramount then one would WELCOME a deep reflection on accuracy and facts)n but in this case it appears USF team wanted both accuracy and integrity good on them
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Birddog View Post
    50, do you happen to know if the assists and blocks were wrongly attributed or were they just missed? I'm curious.

The team assist #'s matched. They originally gave the last assist to Rui instead of JP on BC's alleyoop.

They originally credited GU with 7 blocks they now show 9.

Cory was initially credited with a block. That was moved over BC, plus BC credited for another 2. So BC's change from 1 to 4 reflected a net change of 2 for the team.

Edited for clarity.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

Geno has played better defense than I expected and has played worse offensively than I expected. He reminds me of D. Goodson. Geno has not found a pace offensively, he’s playing sped up. I keep waiting for him to find a pace but so far it’s been one speed and that’s full throttle. No delay, no hitch in his dribble to set up screens or look for a cutter, passes don’t seem to have the touch, his shots aren’t falling. Farrari pace and touch in the SF game was awesome. If things don’t change he may end up being a situational player, 8 or 9 in the rotation with very selective minutes. If Few can slow him down I think he will be an awesome well rounded asset.

The team assist #'s matched. They originally gave the last assist to Rui instead of JP on BC's alleyoop.

Cory was initially credited with a block. That was moved over BC, plus BC credited for another 2. So BC's change from 1 to 4 reflected a net change of 2 for the team.

Edited for clarity.
    Kispert did get a block.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Edited for clarity.
    sounds like someone was watching game instead of working game
    OK...LETS DO IT!..

Edited for clarity.
    Thanks for all of the interesting info.

I'm not usually a stickler for this kind of stuff but when two players have a chance at setting records, it seems extra important to get this right.