Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 65 of 65

Thread: Shout out to the Dons

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,309

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Glad Clarke dunked on Ferrari's sorry self. . .exclamation point indeed.
    Me too...

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    I was very impressed with USF and Ferrari in particular. You can (and should) fault the ref who made that ridiculous three point foul call on Clarke, but don’t blame Ferrari for playing to win.

    A little while after Geno made that huge three, Ferrari walked by him and said, “Nice shot.” I think Geno thanked him. Class act.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    6,033

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    I was very impressed with USF and Ferrari in particular. You can (and should) fault the ref who made that ridiculous three point foul call on Clarke, but don’t blame Ferrari for playing to win.

    A little while after Geno made that huge three, Ferrari walked by him and said, “Nice shot.” I think Geno thanked him. Class act.
    Zags fans hated Delly the same way as he torched us. its way more respect than hatred imo

    Frankie plays hard makes a lot of good decisions and wouldn't want him having the ball in last possession game as Zag fan
    OK...LETS DO IT!..

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Spo Vegas
    Posts
    2,030

    Default

    Yeah I definitely hated Delly during his SMC years. Don’t know why but I don’t feel that way about FF. Can’t wait to play them again at home.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    12,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Can’t wait to play them again at home.
    Yeah, I think there will be a lot of Zag fans at that one too.
    This ain't rocket surgery!

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    14,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    I hate Ferrari the same way I hated Steve Nash, Patty Mills, Matthew Dellevadova, etc.

    This Dons team is good enough to win games in the NCAA Tournament. I hope they get a chance to do it...as an at-large.
    I don’t know how many times I said f###ing Frankie Ferrari during that game.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    I'm sorry, but the way to respond to poor sportsmanship isn't show your own poor sportsmanship, especially going under a guy like that where if he lands wrong he could get seriously hurt. Plenty of blame to go around on this one.
    This. I think our was a heat of the moment play and theirs was a "I'm Frankie. How dare you win in my gym." play.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    514

    Default

    I was VERY happy to get a win against that team in their gym. Remember when we went 3 or 4 years losing there? It was like a curse lol. Very proud of the team's composure and perseverance. Go ZAGS!

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    514

    Default

    Hey did you know Frankie used to box?..........
    Those announcers were sure in love with Ferrari.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    16

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zagbeliever View Post
    Hey did you know Frankie used to box?..........
    Those announcers were sure in love with Ferrari.
    Not sure about the color guy, but Dave Feldman was doing the play-by-play and he’s very much a Bay Area guy. He had been an anchor for CSN Bay Area for quite some time. So makes sense that his coverage skewed more towards USF, and especially Ferrari who’s developed into probably the best locally-born college basketball player in a few years (maybe since Aaron Gordon?)

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Napa, CA
    Posts
    4,026

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SJZag View Post
    Not sure about the color guy, but Dave Feldman was doing the play-by-play and he’s very much a Bay Area guy. He had been an anchor for CSN Bay Area for quite some time. So makes sense that his coverage skewed more towards USF, and especially Ferrari who’s developed into probably the best locally-born college basketball player in a few years (maybe since Aaron Gordon?)
    Yep, and this is pretty typical for our Bay Area games.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

  12. #62

    Default

    anyone know what happened to dons central??? went over there to check out the view from the other side and there's like 3 people who actually post...they finally have a good team and still no fans?

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16,260

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Writes the Gael troll who posted: "Kind of a di@k move to alley-oop with 7 seconds left up 10. But hey, typical Zags class" at GIAG two hours earlier. . .

    https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/godi...90.html#p99730
    You know at least as well as anyone that as a fanbase writ large, the Gaels have been as classy a group as we could possibly ask for in rivals, and I love that we have Gaels here as regular accepted members every bit as much as you, Reno.

    I sure wouldn't give a second thought to any one poster on their board who says "typical Zags' class" about anything. The vast majority of their board would rebut it with "Zags are a classy program, period" and leave it at that.

    How one guy feels about one play (that didn't bother me much at all) is something it would be wrong to attach any meaning to regarding their fanbase, as you know at least as well as me. Thx for posting.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    12,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    anyone know what happened to dons central??? went over there to check out the view from the other side and there's like 3 people who actually post...they finally have a good team and still no fans?
    The knucklehead that was running it was so negative that most of them got fed up; he rode off into the sunset.

    There is more activity on the other forum now posted on the WCC Forum:


    https://www.reddit.com/r/usfdons
    This ain't rocket surgery!

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1,274

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    The knucklehead that was running it was so negative that most of them got fed up; he rode off into the sunset.

    There is more activity on the other forum now posted on the WCC Forum:


    https://www.reddit.com/r/usfdons
    Too bad. That guy was pretty entertaining, in a bizarre, unhinged kind of way. Not quite "timecube" level crazy but lots of fun anyways.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •