• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Outraged
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
    Writes the Gael troll who posted: "Kind of a di@k move to alley-oop with 7 seconds left up 10. But hey, typical Zags class" at GIAG two hours earlier. . .

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/godi...90.html#p99730
    I checked out the site and right below "God is a Gael" was an add saying "Free Gift for you" offering a free book of Mormon. SMC is losing the faith.

Comment

• GrizZAG
      Zag for Life
      • Nov 2009

Originally posted by raise the zag View Post
      Coach Kyle Smith addressed it after the game.

He told the media he took it as a compliment in some ways; that Gonzaga felt the need to try and secure the win, that they were still competing to the last second since it was a tight/competitive game throughout.

Classy. Unlike the announcer who took it personally.

USF was still playing full on defense. Not sure why that's not being mentioned. Perkins started to dribble, yet USF was still running and defending. when the winning team decides to run it out, its AFTER the opponent has relinquished the game and stopped playing.

Its not as if they dunked it when everyone was standing around ready to shake hands.

The announcer made no mention of this fact.
      This is exactly right.
      One of the greatest stories in basketball history...Gonzaga!

Comment

• Hoopaholic
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by MileHigh View Post
        Basketball, at that level is a very emotional game, hard to turn it off all of a sudden when the other team and the fans have been barking in your ear all game. Did you see how the Zags players reacted to that exclamation point? Pure joy. Sure, some would consider it bad sportsmanship, but in this case I look at it as more of a cherry on top of a big win.
        this combined with USF still playing hard and if you let down when other team is playing hard you can get hurt
        The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• Zagceo
          Zag for Life
          • Nov 2013

Loved the dunk.

Loved the kids reaction to the dunk.

Comment

• MontanaCoyote
            Zag for Life
            • Dec 2015

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
            Gotta cut Josh some slack. It was an immensely tense game and the play, yes dumb, was a release more than a f-you at USF. I thought Ferrari and Kyle handled it well, very classy guys.
            Intense game. Maybe not a smart play but sometimes spontaneity just takes over, especially when tension has been so high for so long. And good athletes are spontaneous creatures anyway. They just do it, don’t think it. Who’s perfect, anyway?

Comment

• bartruff1
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
              Glad Clarke dunked on Ferrari's sorry self. . .exclamation point indeed.
              Me too...

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                Zag for Life
                • Oct 2008

I was very impressed with USF and Ferrari in particular. You can (and should) fault the ref who made that ridiculous three point foul call on Clarke, but don’t blame Ferrari for playing to win.

A little while after Geno made that huge three, Ferrari walked by him and said, “Nice shot.” I think Geno thanked him. Class act.
                It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• Zagceo
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2013

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
                  I was very impressed with USF and Ferrari in particular. You can (and should) fault the ref who made that ridiculous three point foul call on Clarke, but don’t blame Ferrari for playing to win.

A little while after Geno made that huge three, Ferrari walked by him and said, “Nice shot.” I think Geno thanked him. Class act.
                  Zags fans hated Delly the same way as he torched us. its way more respect than hatred imo

Frankie plays hard makes a lot of good decisions and wouldn't want him having the ball in last possession game as Zag fan

Comment

• NotoriousZ
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2008

Yeah I definitely hated Delly during his SMC years. Don’t know why but I don’t feel that way about FF. Can’t wait to play them again at home.
                    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Comment

• sittingon50
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by NotoriousZ View Post
                      Can’t wait to play them again at home.
                      Yeah, I think there will be a lot of Zag fans at that one too.
                      But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
                        I hate Ferrari the same way I hated Steve Nash, Patty Mills, Matthew Dellevadova, etc.

This Dons team is good enough to win games in the NCAA Tournament. I hope they get a chance to do it...as an at-large.
                        I don’t know how many times I said f###ing Frankie Ferrari during that game.
                        'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                        - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• zagbeliever
                          Bleeds GU Blue
                          • Jan 2013

Originally posted by webspinnre View Post
                          I'm sorry, but the way to respond to poor sportsmanship isn't show your own poor sportsmanship, especially going under a guy like that where if he lands wrong he could get seriously hurt. Plenty of blame to go around on this one.
                          This. I think our was a heat of the moment play and theirs was a "I'm Frankie. How dare you win in my gym." play.

Comment

• zagbeliever
                            Bleeds GU Blue
                            • Jan 2013

I was VERY happy to get a win against that team in their gym. Remember when we went 3 or 4 years losing there? It was like a curse lol. Very proud of the team's composure and perseverance. Go ZAGS!

Comment

• zagbeliever
                              Bleeds GU Blue
                              • Jan 2013

Hey did you know Frankie used to box?..........
                              Those announcers were sure in love with Ferrari.

Comment

• SJZag
                                Redshirt
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by zagbeliever View Post
                                Hey did you know Frankie used to box?..........
                                Those announcers were sure in love with Ferrari.
                                Not sure about the color guy, but Dave Feldman was doing the play-by-play and he’s very much a Bay Area guy. He had been an anchor for CSN Bay Area for quite some time. So makes sense that his coverage skewed more towards USF, and especially Ferrari who’s developed into probably the best locally-born college basketball player in a few years (maybe since Aaron Gordon?)

Comment

Working...
                                X