Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: GU vs San Francisco - Predictions/Thoughts/What do you hope to see

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    This is the biggest game in conference play. It will be a tough game. No cakewalk tonight. The Dons are tough. And they have a good bench.
    Zags win in a close one 77 69.

I had surgery Thurs. Doc had to cut out one of glands. Suppose to be the size of a pea, mine was the size of a half dollar. I have have a six ince cut across my throat. Absolutely no fun at all.

A couple of our guys need to hit a few three's. I'd like to see Tillie and Crandall contribute big time.

Go Zags!!!
    Doesn't sound like fun either ...hope it does not inhibit your ability to swallow!

Pray you heal sooner than later!

Game will be closer than most but we should prevail...

No Injuries

Josh continues to make his layups

We make 8 3pt shots

Limit their FG% to 35

Frustrate Ferrari

Keep Renfro off the boards

Play GREAT team defence, force them to shoot long 3's

Force TO's 15>

Start offence inside-out and feast

CK makes at least a couple of 3's...they have no one that can defend BC or Rui or Tillie...

GU 71
    USF 56

Crandall's defense is going to help us immensely. He was really disruptive against Pacific.

Zags 75
    Dons 61

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Come on, San Fran are paper tigers.
    Who have they played that we wouldn't beat by at least 10?

Gonzaga 88 - San Fran 62

Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    And has therapy worked for you? I mean I gave it my best shot, but ....

The last four minutes, where the Dons' offense consisted of nothing but "Pass for 30 seconds then dribble in the lane and throw the ball in the air while the ref blows the whistle" were excruciating.

Never been more frustrated or convinced the WCC wanted "marquee wins" at the expense of the Zags, but ...therapist said "let it go."
    And yet, here we are 7 years later, still talking about it! My last therapist appointment, we talked exclusively for 30 minutes about the Zags. I think it helped him more than it did me!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Watched a lot of high caliber teams today. Have seen USF play as well. They wouldn't stay close to any of the teams on TV today. Zags are among those elite. BUT, considering GU's historical difficulties playing at War Memorial, AND the fact the Zags haven't played anyone but cupcakes in a month, gonna say this will be closer than it should be. GU plays their worst game of the year and still wins 76-73.

On-Line betting sites have the Zags favored by 9 to 10 points; OV/UN ranges from 150.5 to 152.

Zags 92-68.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    Come on, San Fran are paper tigers.
    Who have they played that we wouldn't beat by at least 10?

Gonzaga 88 - San Fran 62
    You and I seem to be the only two people posting that message in this thread.

1. The WCC IS good enough to prepare us for the NCAA tournament. Let's see how many times or how many years must we have to answer that question? And this year the WCC is supposed to be better than usual. USF has three really good post players. That's something they don't usually have.

2. They have a pretty good point guard.

3. So far I have not seen them shoot excessively well from behind the arch which will help us.

4. We are playing them in their home arena. IMO these are enough reasons right here. It's always tough to win there.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Reminder that results will be up Tuesday
    "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    This is the biggest game in conference play. It will be a tough game. No cakewalk tonight. The Dons are tough. And they have a good bench.
    Zags win in a close one 77 69.

I had surgery Thurs. Doc had to cut out one of glands. Suppose to be the size of a pea, mine was the size of a half dollar. I have have a six ince cut across my throat. Absolutely no fun at all.

A couple of our guys need to hit a few three's. I'd like to see Tillie and Crandall contribute big time.

Go Zags!!!
    Hope the Zags win made you feel better. Get well soon.