Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: GAME THREAD: Pacific @ZAGS - 1/10/19

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Kispert, Jones and Petrusev all scored the same amount.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    So what if he's a "true freshman" what a ridiculous answer. He's better than Corey and JJ. It's Few being Few again.
    If you don't trust Few's judgement by now I'm not sure there's much that can be done for you.

He also doesn't play the same position as either Corey or JJ, you want to stick him at the 3?

I think Few's trying to get Tillie into game shape. He'll get progressively more minutes. Personally I think Petrusev has superior upside. But we have 2 6 11 kids and 2 very high end 6 8 kids. Since Tillie is recently (1 game) back, I doubt Few knows how to use the 6 11's together. It might explain a few things.
    The defense has been turned up. We'll need that as the season progresses IMO. Office always sputters a bit from game to game but a hard defense will win games. From the looks of things, I'm not so sure we could go hard defensively for a full 40 minutes. Last 6 games ( this one included) the defense is really good.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Bingo.
    Dammit, here we go again, with jazz and spy #####ing about Few. Filip did a great job when Tillie was out, but Killian's back now. Filip will be valuable insurance against foul trouble for Rui and Brandon.

Filip will be a key member of the best, young front line in college basketball next year. For now, he's playing behind three potential NBA first rounders.

I'd like to hear from those who can view Filip's body language on the bench. I don't think there's a problem.

So what if he's a "true freshman" what a ridiculous answer. He's better than Corey and JJ. It's Few being Few again.
    and his ceiling is much higher.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    If you don't trust Few's judgement by now I'm not sure there's much that can be done for you.

He also doesn't play the same position as either Corey or JJ, you want to stick him at the 3?
    Few's not an infallible god. Um.....Pet at the 5, Tillie at the 4 and either one of JJ or CK at the 3, I thought that was fairly obvious.

I get the feeling that the Zags are looking ahead to Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    Dammit, here we go again, with jazz and spy #####ing about Few. Filip did a great job when Tillie was out, but Killian's back now. Filip will be valuable insurance against foul trouble for Rui and Brandon.

Filip will be a key member of the best, young front line in college basketball next year. For now, he's playing behind three potential NBA first rounders.

I'd like to hear from those who can view Filip's body language on the bench. I don't think there's a problem.
    Again, Few had Tillie, JJ and CK in together. What has Petrusev done to show that he can't play with Tillie?

Few's not an infallible god. Um.....Pet at the 5, Tillie at the 4 and either one of JJ or CK at the 3, I thought that was fairly obvious.
    A) No, but he's a lot more qualified than you in understanding what the team needs.

b) Who's going to defend?

Great dunk by Rui going left!

A) No, but he's a lot more qualified than you in understanding what the team needs.

b) Who's going to defend?
    A. Agree 100% What has Petrusev done to show that he can't play with Tillie
    B. Defend who? Defend what?

Has Gonzaga scored enough points to win? I think so. Pacific might get 40, but it would be garbage time points.

Zags with the full court pressure whenever possible

Again, Few had Tillie, JJ and CK in together. What has Petrusev done to show that he can't play with Tillie?
    Hard to prove a negative, spy.

A. Agree 100% What has Petrusev done to show that he can't play with Tillie
    B. Defend who? Defend what?
    a) How long would you like to sit Clarke/Rui out for? Tillie isn't even playing big minutes right now, there are limited minutes and we are stacked. This is the rotation and you know what... it's working, as Geno and Tillie get back into game shape it'll shift even more. Relax and enjoy the ride.

b) Defend the rim, not a lot of lateral movement or foot speed with those two out there, especially with Tillie still showing a ton of rust.

a) How long would you like to sit Clarke/Rui out for? Tillie isn't even playing big minutes right now, there are limited minutes and we are stacked. This is the rotation and you know what... it's working, as Geno and Tillie get back into game shape it'll shift even more. Relax and enjoy the ride.

b) Defend the rim, not a lot of lateral movement or foot speed with those two out there, especially with Tillie still showing a ton of rust.
    A. Again, to repeat myself, when CK comes out, Tillie can come in at the 4, and Pet at the 5, slide Rui down to the 3.
    B. We're playing Pacific, what do you mean "defend the rim"? And Petrusev has been fine on defense, I think your looking for reasons to crap on him to defend Few not playing him.

Go get em Geno!

A. Again, to repeat myself, when CK comes out, Tillie can come in at the 4, and Pet at the 5, slide Rui down to the 3.
    B. We're playing Pacific, what do you mean "defend the rim"? And Petrusev has been fine on defense, I think your looking for reasons to crap on him to defend Few not playing him.
    So you'd rather have Clarke on the bench?

Go get em Geno!
    starting to really blend into the mix with his game

So you'd rather have Clarke on the bench?
    He was out when Tillie, CK and JJ were in together in the 1st half. It's pretty sad when you have to trash a player to defend a coaches decision. I wish you could defend him without crapping on Petrusev who has done everything asked of him and had a great freshman season thus far.

JJ deserves every minute he gets imo

Geno playing well tonight

Quote Originally Posted by bballbeachbum View Post
    JJ deserves every minute he gets imo
    Agreed. And Petrusev has done nothing to lose his. The two ideas are not mutually exclusive.

He was out when Tillie, CK and JJ were in together in the 1st half. It's pretty sad when you have to trash a player to defend a coaches decision. I wish you could defend him without crapping on Petrusev who has done everything asked of him and had a great freshman season thus far.
    I'm not bashing him at all. Calling him a true freshman isn't bashing him. We are loaded and right now he doesn't have a place in the rotation. When Few (who sees him in practice almost every day) feels like he's ready to contribute in a larger capacity, you had better believe he will.

I know you get your favorite players on the team and you root for them and need to have your dopamine rush when you see them on the floor. But maybe just trust that Few isn't being malicious, he actually knows what he is doing.

If insanity is defined as doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, then Pacific's offensive strategy is insane.