Thread: Radio...

Default Radio...

If anyone is going to or going to listen to the radio talk show would you post an update?...thx

Sylean I don't seem to be able to tune in the radio show anymore, don't know if just me? Sorry I could be of know help.

I tried to listen to it last night but I got a lot of static and I missed the first 10 minutes or so.

Steve chatted with CLF about the first two (2) league games down in California. Not to much on these games except that CLF indicated that the lady zags have always had a hard time playing at Pepperdine. She did not know if it was the gorgeous location (distraction) the lack of fans, or what but the Zags have always had a hard time playing at Pepperdine and she was very proud of the way the ladies handled the game at Pepperdine.

Steve and CLF then discussed the St. Mary's game. CLF said that St. Mary's had totally changed their offense for this year from what they have run in the past. The coaching staff and team prepared for the "new" offense and were totally caught off guard by the lobs over the top to Megan McKay. CLF noted that they (the coaching staff) were a little slow to respond to the lobs to McKay. The discussion then lead into the Pacific game. CLF pointed out that the team, were slow on rotations, did not pick up wide open players and were caught looking at the basket as the Pacific player went right on by. She went on to say that she was not sure the team had a quarter like the first quarter against Pacific all year but she was sure that they had not followed up a bad quarter with a 2nd (&3rd) quarter like they did on Saturday. She was very proud of how the team responded on Saturday.

Steve then spoke with Jessie L and Anna. I had a lot of static on the radio and was having a hard time hearing the interviews with the ladies but a couple of items stood out. Jessie's best memory so far, is the victory at Stanford. To beat that team at that historic place has a special meaning for her. They spent some time asking about her favorite Christmas present and all I got was that she is very picky about what she likes so people usually give her gift cards so she can get what she wants. I think she said that her favorite Christmas present was that she got to spend some time with her family.

I really had a hard time trying to understand Anna as she has a relatively thick accent that did not come across the radio static very well. I did find out that she did not speak hardly any English before she came to NW Christian. She really speaks English pretty well, so I am very impressed. I could not hear the story about how she came to NW Christian and ultimately to Gonzaga, maybe someone else can fill in this story.

Next week going to try the internet first and then a battery powered radio to see if it is any better.

ZagDad

I listen to the away games i cant get to and the radio show with the Tune In app. Free app you can dowload for you phone or Ipad. Comes in clear no matter where you are at.

Great stories will come out on Ana. She has been on the Zag radar since CLF was named head coach.

Zag OTR thanks for the tip about the Tune in app. I’ll give it a whirl. The quality of reception on the radio is sketchy at times.

thx for the update....I didn't realize you could go thru the internet....because my radio feed is horrible......

I wish CLF was able to get Anna her first yr but glad we finally got her.....I think she's going be very very good....we already know she's a snappy dresser....lol...

Thanks for the tip Zag OTR.

Sylean, try here: http://www.1510kga.com/

Click on the "Listen Live" button on the top right of the screen.

ZagDad