Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 64 of 64

Thread: Other Games - Thursday - 1. 03. 2019

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    14,826

    Default

    When WSU and OSU and maybe Cal make a move, they will check out Kyle....

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    15,920

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Isaiah Wright, starting point guard for USD, has injured his wrist (one report says broken) & has missed the last 2 games. The Sr. is leading USD in MPG, Assists, Steals & FT %. Is 3rd on the team @ 13.2 PPG. Big hit for them.
    Borah High in Boise.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

  3. #53
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Irving, TX
    Posts
    7,812

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Good point/post.

    Imagine if we lost Perkins for a game...and played an evenly matched team? Sans Geno too.

    We have seen maybe 5 mins all year how it goes....and vs Top 50 teams it's been ugly.

    I feel for them, hope he returns soon
    That would leave Snacks, with Rui as a point forward. Zach's got some Russell Westbrook potential in his game.

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oakdale, CA
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    U.S.F has to work really hard to differentiate themselves from U of South Florida, especially since they share the same colors.
    Kitz -- it is a historical jersey front-- they had the same back in Bill Russell days, long before U of S Florida were on the map .... just curious and can't find on Google.

    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Savannah, GA
    Posts
    2,478

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    When WSU and OSU and maybe Cal make a move, they will check out Kyle....
    Yeah, one more strong season w U.S.F. and big boys will come calling for Kyle Smith. He’s only 49 yrs old and has had some nice lengthy coaching jobs: 6 years Head Coach at Columbia after 10 years as Randy Bennett’s top assistant coach. I really hope he stays at U.S.F. and builds them into a power. His team looks to have some nice young athletic players developing.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Thanks. I took note when you posted that before but was feeling around for even more information/sources.
    Sorry, I never responded after I saw spy's post. I know nothing about the recruitment of this player.

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    16,368

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Yeah, one more strong season w U.S.F. and big boys will come calling for Kyle Smith. He’s only 49 yrs old and has had some nice lengthy coaching jobs: 6 years Head Coach at Columbia after 10 years as Randy Bennett’s top assistant coach. I really hope he stays at U.S.F. and builds them into a power. His team looks to have some nice young athletic players developing.
    If they pay him, and do something with the facilities, it would be a fantastic job IMO.

    Located in a cool area of the city literally and figuratively, fog always sits right at the end of the hill), tons of talent within 100 miles, realistic expectations, not a crazy fan base to please, both Cal and Stanford down, it would be a great job. Just need a commitment.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  8. #58
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    14,826

    Default

    Not his last job, IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by DixieZag View Post
    If they pay him, and do something with the facilities, it would be a fantastic job IMO.

    Located in a cool area of the city literally and figuratively, fog always sits right at the end of the hill), tons of talent within 100 miles, realistic expectations, not a crazy fan base to please, both Cal and Stanford down, it would be a great job. Just need a commitment.

  9. #59
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    5,670

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by seacatfan View Post
    I'm gonna sneak this in here because if I started a new thread a mod would banish it to the general basketball thread that nobody looks at. Bol Bol has been shut down for the year due to a knee injury.
    Stress fracture in foot. Sadly, looks destined to follow in the footsteps of Sam Bowie and Bill Walton.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    9,004

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by maynard g krebs View Post
    Stress fracture in foot. Sadly, looks destined to follow in the footsteps of Sam Bowie and Bill Walton.
    My bad, wrong body part. Walton at least got a few good years in. Bowie did nothing. Maybe if Bol doesn't get drafted by the Blazers he'll be okay.

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 77Zag View Post
    The SMC Gaels are sporting a new logo -- any idea where they came up with this one. Seems very busy, confusing and I'm not a fan.
    Actually an old logo. The “Galloping Gael”. Not sure when it first appeared, but when I arrived at SMC in 1993 it was painted on the floor of McKeon. Now it pops up from time to time as a sort of “throwback” logo. The red unis are an alternate they introduced at the SJSU game during a “Paint McKeon Red” promotional night. I thought they were a one-off but they wore them two games in a row now so maybe they’re sticking around. I’m a big fan of the logo (maybe that’s just nostalgia), and I don’t mind the red, but I agree that the logo as the only thing on the front of the jersey isn’t the best execution. They look like warmups.


  12. #62

    Default

    Pep up 5 on the Dons at halftime. Barely recognize them from their last game against LMU.

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Oakdale, CA
    Posts
    1,292

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sideshow06 View Post
    Actually an old logo. The “Galloping Gael”. Not sure when it first appeared, but when I arrived at SMC in 1993 it was painted on the floor of McKeon. Now it pops up from time to time as a sort of “throwback” logo. The red unis are an alternate they introduced at the SJSU game during a “Paint McKeon Red” promotional night. I thought they were a one-off but they wore them two games in a row now so maybe they’re sticking around. I’m a big fan of the logo (maybe that’s just nostalgia), and I don’t mind the red, but I agree that the logo as the only thing on the front of the jersey isn’t the best execution. They look like warmups.

    Probably would show better on a white jersey
    “The true measure of a Jesuit education,” said former Superior General Peter-Hans Kolvenbach, “is not what our students do, but who they become.”

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    53

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Because they are losing by 7 at half on the road to a solid USF team? Okay.

    They are 43rd nationally on kenpom. They have the resources of a (lower end) mid-major. They just lost a bunch of key players last season and this was expected to be a rebuild year of sorts. And for a team with this amount of resources to be in the 40's on kenpom nationally in a rebuild season is actually a testament to just how good a job Bennett has done.

    BTW, you realize they are missing their would-be starting PG in Zoriks and possibly starting C in Menzies, right?

    I realize some of you have this serious rivalary thing with SMC that I as a non-alum don't really have and makes you put on myopic hatred blinders towards anything SMC but there is nothing garbage about this or really any other iteration SMC team in quite some time. Bennett is a terrific coach with limited resources consistently pumping out NCAA/NIT teams. There are a lot of programs in the country that would love to be in SMC's shoes', even in a down year.

    This didn’t age well....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •