Thread: "ZEE" is the WCC Player of the Week

Default "ZEE" is the WCC Player of the Week

From GoZags:

WBB Zykera Rice Picks Up WCC Player of the Week Honors
    Honor is the first for the senior forward this season

SAN BRUNO, Calif. – Women's basketball senior forward Zykera Rice has been named the West Coast Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week for January 1, 2019.

WEST COAST CONFERENCE PLAYER OF THE WEEK – ZYKERA RICE, SR., F, GONZAGA
    On Saturday at Loyola Marymount, Rice helped the Zags to a 78-53 conference-opening win as she finished with 15 points and eight boards in 24 minutes of play. Monday against Pepperdine, Rice had a career and program-record day, finishing with a career-high tying 23 points off 11-of-12 from the floor with a career-high five assists, six rebounds and two steals. Rice's 11-of-12 (91.7 percent) is also a career-high, and it ranks first in Gonzaga program history (dating back to 1990) in individual single-game field goal percentage. Rice's performance lifted Gonzaga over Pepperdine 79-54.

On the week, Rice averaged 19.0 points, 7.0 rebounds, 3.0 assists, 1.5 steals and 1.0 blocks per game.

Also Nominated: Shaylee Gonzales, BYU; Ameela Li, Pacific; Sydney Raggio, Saint Mary's
    Article Link: https://gozags.com/news/2019/1/2/wom...ek-honors.aspx

ZagDad

Congratulations Zykera!

Congratulations, Z! 72% shooting - wow!

This ain't rocket surgery!

The Lady can Ball !!! Fun to watch.... an athlete who plays basketball and is good at it.... Great job Z...

Way to go Zykera, last game 11-12 FG that was awesome, frame it! You certainly earned player of the week Zykera well deserved.

I have always felt that if Zee played 35 Min. a game she would be one of the best players ever at Gonzaga.

Congratulations Zykera... well deserved.

I look back to when Zee came to GU WBB as a very raw talent... and after 3 years of hard work and experience, has become a very good disciplined player. (I also think Coach Craig should be commended for teaching Zee the skills that we saw this last week) I also really like the team player we saw. As dominant as she was, she was playing within the team.

Hope to see her recognized again.

Go Zags!!