Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 Foo Celebrity Dead Pool Thread

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    And one of my daughter's favorites back in the day, Annie.
    I didn't realize he was *only* 82, probably because I was familiar with him as Daddy Warbucks and figured he was a lot older than he actually was at the time.

Legendary Washington rodeo cowboy, Deb Copenhaver, age 95

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...yond-his-heyd/

After a couple of years riding saddle broncs in regional arenas, starting in Keller, Washington, he hit the big time in 1948. Two years later, he was a star. Where did he win? Just about everywhere worth noting: New York’s Madison Square Garden; the Calgary Stampede; Denver; Pendleton, Oregon; Salinas, California; Fort Worth and Dallas; and even the Silver State Stampede near Bing Crosby’s big spread near Elko, Nevada.

Walter H. Munk, a world-renowned oceanographer who helped ensure the safety and success of Allied beach landings during World War II by devising ways to forecast the waves, and who fired what became known as the underwater “sound heard around the world” in search of greater understanding of climate change, died Feb. 8 at his home in the San Diego community of La Jolla. He was 101.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.6f3c09abd474

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Pat Caddell, political pollster. He was 68.

World Golf Hall of Fame member Gene Littler, age 88.

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/gen...-fame-has-died

Lee Radziwill, the younger sister of Jackie Kennedy Onassis. The stylish jet-setter and socialite was 85.

Fashion designer Karl Lagerfeld, age 85.

This ain't rocket surgery!

Oscar-winning composer André Previn dead at 89

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/02/28/e...ead/index.html
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Golden Globe-winning actress Katherine Helmond, a frequent scene-stealer on shows such as "Who's the Boss?" and "Soap," has died, her talent agency APA told CNN Friday. She was 89.

"She was the love of my life. We spent 57 beautiful, wonderful, loving years together, which I will treasure forever," her husband, David Christian, said in a statement. "I've been with Katherine since I was 19 years old. The night she died, I saw that the moon was exactly half-full, just as I am now... half of what I've been my entire adult life."
    Helmond died Saturday of complications from Alzheimer's in her Los Angeles residence, according to Manfred Westphal, chief marketing and communications officer for APA.

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Luke Perry, age 52, from a stroke.

King Kong Bundy, a professional wrestler who was known for his ring battles with Andre the Giant and Hulk Hogan in the 1980s, died March 4 in Glassboro, N.J. He was 63.

The death was announced by promoter and longtime friend David Herro. The cause of death and other details were not disclosed.

Mr. Bundy, whose real name was Christopher Pallies, began wrestling in the early 1980s. After early professional appearances as a rustic, rope-belted figure dubbed Big Daddy Bundy, he redefined his character, shaved his head and became known as King Kong Bundy.

The mountainous 6-foot-4 wrestler weighed about 460 pounds during his prime. His ring personality was loud and obnoxious, although other wrestlers considered Mr. Bundy one of the kindest and most generous members of their brotherhood.

Ted Lindsay, the Hockey Hall of Famer who provided muscle and meanness on the Detroit Red Wings’ mighty “Production Line” of the 1950s and helped pioneer the first NHL players union, died March 4 at his home in Oakland Township, Mich. He was 93.

His death was confirmed by his son-in-law Lew LaPaugh, president of the Ted Lindsay Foundation, which raises money for autism research. He did not give a cause.

Known as “Terrible Ted,” Mr. Lindsay was one of the game’s best left wings, an 11-time all-star who played on four Stanley Cup winners. Mr. Lindsay, Sid Abel and Gordie Howe formed an offensive juggernaut of a line that helped make Detroit one of the first of the National Hockey League’s great post-World War II dynasties.

Dan Jenkins, iconic golf writer. He was 89.

Quote Originally Posted by mtzaga View Post
    Dan Jenkins, iconic golf writer. He was 89.
    One of my all time favorites. RIP, pard.

From his home-town paper:

https://www.star-telegram.com/sports...227286574.html

During an interview at his home in September last year, he said: “I haven’t done anything other than type and know people. I spent a lifetime, six or seven decades, not only typing for a living but cultivating sources.”

Although he covered every sport, Jenkins was known for his relationship and affinity for golf. His Twitter account was a must read during the sport’s majors. He never lost his biting yet subtle wit.

Jan-Michael actually died back on February 10 after suffering cardiac arrest while a patient at a North Carolina hospital

https://www.tmz.com/2019/03/08/airwolf-star-jan-michael-vincent-dead/?=adidfoxnewstmztrafficexchange

Hal Blaine, celebrated as ‘the most recorded drummer in history,’ dies at 90

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.c6941fc4d8ff
    "thnk god for few" jazzdelmar(12/12/11 12:50pm)
    "When most of us couldn't buy a basket. Where do we get off anyway?!" siliconzag (11/17/06 5:45:41 pm)
    I am monitoring the price of a donut

Dick Dale - Surf Rock Legend - 81

https://people.com/music/dick-dale-dead-81/
    So many brackets, so little time.

Quote Originally Posted by Akzag View Post
    Dick Dale - Surf Rock Legend - 81

https://people.com/music/dick-dale-dead-81/
    Oh, no. Love, love, love Dick Dale. RIP
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right

Not reporting any deaths today ... just completing a first page run.
    So many brackets, so little time.

Fritz Hollings, former Senator from South Carolina. He was 97.

Alan García, the former president of Peru whose first administration in the 1980s was plagued by corruption, guerrilla violence and four-digit inflation, and who made a remarkable political comeback to win a second term in 2006 but faced bribery allegations after leaving office, died April 17 in Lima. He was 69.

His death was announced by Andina, Peru’s state-run news agency. Mr. García shot himself early Wednesday as police officers arrived at his home in Lima to arrest him in connection with a corruption investigation, officials said.