Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 77

Thread: Killian Tillie and Geno Crandall Return to Action

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,355

    Default Killian Tillie and Geno Crandall Return to Action

    Will either play before the end of the year? Will they suit up in January? February? My gut says they will both be playing soon. Hoping they can get some burn before the game at USF on January 12th...

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,257

    Default

    Tillie interview left me cold. Doesn’t seem on fire to play. Crandall, too, seems to languish on the bench. Curious.

    Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Will either play before the end of the year? Will they suit up in January? February? My gut says they will both be playing soon. Hoping they can get some burn before the game at USF on January 12th...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Tillie interview left me cold. Doesn’t seem on fire to play. Crandall, too, seems to languish on the bench. Curious.
    Zags sure seem to have done okay over the years despite all the doom, gloom and boneheaded moves by the staff and the program.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,569

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Tillie interview left me cold. Doesn’t seem on fire to play. Crandall, too, seems to languish on the bench. Curious.
    Weird
    I am working on being a more all around square.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    20,257

    Default

    How in the world do you conflate this with staff and program efficacy?

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Zags sure seem to have done okay over the years despite all the doom, gloom and boneheaded moves by the staff and the program.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,931

    Default

    My question is how would you feel sitting on the bench rehabbing while you watch them making the run that they are doing. I would not be excited. I would just want to get in as soon as possible.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    University Place, WA (aka Chambers Bay)
    Posts
    5,464

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    How in the world do you conflate this with staff and program efficacy?
    Your lifetime achievement award.

    Zags have muddled their way to a bit of success despite every perceived shortcoming you’ve pointed out. And not sure how this year will turn out given Geno’s lack of effusiveness while on the bench while recovering from his injury.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Posts
    1,991

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Zags sure seem to have done okay over the years despite all the doom, gloom and boneheaded moves by the staff and the program.
    Correct. I just remembered what my Mom would tell me when I worried too much. “Don’t be a Worry Wort.” Too much worry on this board sometimes. How many D-1 teams would trade places with us right now? Exactly my point.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Oak Ridge, LA
    Posts
    121

    Default What interview are you talking about?

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Tillie interview left me cold. Doesn’t seem on fire to play. Crandall, too, seems to languish on the bench. Curious.
    What interview?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    South Hill
    Posts
    1,802

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaZag View Post
    What interview?
    His interview with Andy Katz sounds like someone who wants to come back and do what it takes to get back to the Final Four.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    11 cheers for binary!

    "Make me a sandwich"
    "Make it yourself"
    "Sudo Make me a sandwich"
    "Okay"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Colville, Wa.
    Posts
    15,306

    Default

    I predict they will return Wednesday.
    But we don't play nobody.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Chattaroy (20 mi N of GU)
    Posts
    3,737

    Default

    Both playing January 5th
    Killian was shooting 3s in the shoot around before the Denver game and looked to have nothing but shoes on his feet (nothing protective that I could see). Geno just had a minimal hand/wrist thingie on and was tossing bbs to pals doing drills. Both look to this unskilled fan to be chomping at the bit to return. I figure at least by 1/5

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    1,355

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by primal23 View Post
    His interview with Andy Katz sounds like someone who wants to come back and do what it takes to get back to the Final Four.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Indeed, he basically said depth is the biggest thing lacking with the losses the Zags have had. I’d agree that a healthy Tillie would’ve made the Zags better in every single game this year.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    12,781

    Default

    January 19th Tillie. He'll be ready for some playing time against San Francisco.
    January He'll be ready by the time we play San Francisco.

    I have no evidence in predicting these dates. I am only going on how long it takes to get back into playing shape after sitting out a month (Geno) and for Tillie he hasn't played all year. Geno has played so he will feel comfortable playing with these guys. Tillie has played with Rui, Kispert, Norvell and Josh a lot, So they will be in the game together when Tillie goes in he'll replace Clarke. Tillie and Clarke are both great players and athletes and will be able to play together, just based on their skill level..
    Last edited by Reborn; 12-24-2018 at 01:14 PM.
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,022

    Default

    which interview? surely not the one with Katz cause it sounded like Tillie was chomping at the bit to help the team and show the NBA what he can do!
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    1,404

    Default

    I thought I read somewhere that Geno thought he'd be ready for 12/31 game.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Liberty Lake
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    My guesses:
    Geno by New Year's Eve game vs. CS-Bakersfield.

    Tillie: Mid January, possibly the LMU game in McCarthey on Jan 17th. Would love to have him ready by Jan 12th vs USF, but that might be pushing things a bit.
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    971

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    January 19th Tillie. He'll be ready for some playing time against San Francisco.
    January He'll be ready by the time we play San Francisco.

    I have no evidence in predicting these dates. I am only going on how long it takes to get back into playing shape after sitting out a month (Geno) and for Tillie he hasn't played all year. Geno has played so he will feel comfortable playing with these guys. Tillie has played with Rui, Kispert, Norvell and Josh a lot, So they will be in the game together when Tillie goes in he'll replace Clarke. Tillie and Clarke are both great players and athletes and will be able to play together, just based on their skill level..
    Certainly team chemistry on the floor is very important, but so is being in game shape. Even if Tillie can return mid-Jan, I don't see him physically being able to play at full game speed before early Feb (at best). It's not just a matter of a injury healing, but also a matter of building game speed endurance.

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    522

    Default

    I say first week of January. He will ease back in. It will take a few weeks till February to be in full form.

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    19,077

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    Correct. How many D-1 teams would trade places with us right now? Exactly my point.
    I suspect it's awfully close to 345, thereabout.

    Talking programs long term, maybe Duke, Kentucky, few others are chillin' good with where they sit, probably just about everyone else is busy trying to be Gonzaga.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    3,464

    Default

    Tillie just started light conditioning and isolated drills again.

    He is a couple weeks away yet. Will start practicing with team again by next week if follow up imaging comes back clear.

    Geno has been doing conditioning and isolated drills this entire time.

    He will likely keep wrap/brace on hand for another 2 wks when not playing. Non displaced metacarpal fracture, really more preventative than anything. If this were football, he'd be playing again with a customized cast.

    I expect we will see Geno on the court by Jan 1st. Getting a few mins here and there.

    Tillie will probably see court time around USF game. Maybe a janfdul of mins depending on how game is going/flowing.

    Killian back to playing end of next month, most likely.

    They are still tracking his stress fx closely. He no longer has a boot, bearing weight, putting "stress" on foot again. Need to assess how it does with body weight and movement again. Will it continue to heal? Or react to weight bearing activity?

    This is testing/assessement time until he is fully cleared.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Liberty Lake
    Posts
    1,786

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Tillie just started light conditioning and isolated drills again.

    He is a couple weeks away yet. Will start practicing with team again by next week if follow up imaging comes back clear.

    Geno has been doing conditioning and isolated drills this entire time.

    He will likely keep wrap/brace on hand for another 2 wks when not playing. Non displaced metacarpal fracture, really more preventative than anything. If this were football, he'd be playing again with a customized cast.

    I expect we will see Geno on the court by Jan 1st. Getting a few mins here and there.

    Tillie will probably see court time around USF game. Maybe a janfdul of mins depending on how game is going/flowing.

    Killian back to playing end of next month, most likely.

    They are still tracking his stress fx closely. He no longer has a boot, bearing weight, putting "stress" on foot again. Need to assess how it does with body weight and movement again. Will it continue to heal? Or react to weight bearing activity?

    This is testing/assessement time until he is fully cleared.
    Raise the Zag, Thx once again for the detailed injury update. Much appreciated!
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    2,931

    Default

    I agree. Thanks again Raise the Flag. During a non game week info is fun. Happy holidays to all of our players, coaches, and fans.

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    171

    Default

    I'm waiting for the Vegas odds before I submit my return date prediction.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    832

    Default

    Over/under is 7 pts on his first return action. I'm taking the over.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •