Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Oregon Province Practices Ensnared Gonzaga / Resignations Follow

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    The “they” you are referring to is not Gonzaga, just to be crystal clear.
    I don't know how you could possibly absolve Gonzaga of this. They are guilty of letting what is basically a criminal organization to operate on their campus without any oversight. To claim that they had no knowledge implies that they are either doing a terrible job of policing their own campus or outright lying. Do you really think that somehow Fr. Poole and the rest of the lot lived on the campus for over a decade without anyone in the administration being aware of their existence? Really?

All in all I'm just pissed off that Gonzaga students and the Logan neighborhood were put at risk for a decade because of people living ON the campus and everyone is allowing GU to absolve itself completely. Either there is a fundamental safety issue whereby the administration doesn't know who the heck is living on campus, or they were complicit. You tell me what's worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    I don't know how you could possibly absolve Gonzaga of this. They are guilty of letting what is basically a criminal organization to operate on their campus without any oversight. To claim that they had no knowledge implies that they are either doing a terrible job of policing their own campus or outright lying. Do you really think that somehow Fr. Poole and the rest of the lot lived on the campus for over a decade without anyone in the administration being aware of their existence? Really?

All in all I'm just pissed off that Gonzaga students and the Logan neighborhood were put at risk for a decade because of people living ON the campus and everyone is allowing GU to absolve itself completely. Either there is a fundamental safety issue whereby the administration doesn't know who the heck is living on campus, or they were complicit. You tell me what's worse.
    Of course they knew. Poole article from 2005. It was dubbed the pedaphile paradise in 2009. I guess we can now trace back the source of the high level of STDs in these remote Native American villages too.

https://www.thestranger.com/seattle/...nt?oid=1065017

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/200...abuse-lawsuit/

Default Two Top Gonzaga Officials Resign After Sexual Misconduct Report

Mens b-ball related because one of those in question is men’s basketball chaplain Rev. Frank Case. who has resigned. I'd say shocking but we know this history of this type of stuff within the church. Sad.

https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...clergy-report/

Sexual misconduct has been a mainstay in the catholic church for it's entire history. Why anyone would think that Gonzaga would be any different is beyond me.
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyzag View Post
    Sexual misconduct has been a mainstay in the catholic church for it's entire history. Why anyone would think that Gonzaga would be any different is beyond me.
    Surprising part was it was someone associated with the mens BB program! Was this guy at the end of the bench?

This is inappropriate for this basketball board. Case never had charges against him. He place a deviant he didn’t know about in a retirement home . The man died. Cmon mods this is far from where this crap should be. Only very remote to basketball. Deep six it or move it!

Quote Originally Posted by MDABE80 View Post
    This is inappropriate for this basketball board. Case never had charges against him. He place a deviant he didn’t know about in a retirement home . The man died. Cmon mods this is far from where this crap should be. Only very remote to basketball. Deep six it or move it!
    Don't worry, you'll likely get your wish as I know anything slightly controversial on here is censored quickly. But it is basketball related, this dude was part of the mens basketball program. You seem to know a bit about the case but frame it a bit differently than what i'm seeing from the Seattle Times and daily beast articles. You wanting to bury it only carries on what got us here really...

Sad occurrence; appropriate response. Break the story yourself. Handled well.

Out! Nothing to do with our basketball at Gonzaga. So what if an administrator sat on the end of the bench? Your post is a sideswipe is just wrong. Many of us in this board know Case did nothing wrong. Even if he did, it’s got nothing to do with basketball.glad it’s moved!

Out! Nothing to do with our basketball at Gonzaga. So what if an administrator sat on the end of the bench? Your post is a sideswipe is just wrong. Many of us in this board know Case did nothing wrong. Even if he did, it’s got nothing to do with basketball.glad it’s moved!
    At least you admit you have personal relations to the case therefore we know you couldn't possibly be unbiased. Used his position and the cover of the church to hide sexual predators away at the Cardinal Bea house. Great guy otherwise though I am sure.

Out! Nothing to do with our basketball at Gonzaga. So what if an administrator sat on the end of the bench?

It's like you're almost putting 2 and 2 together and getting to the correct conclusion but your mind won't quite let you... lol

But i do agree it's weird that we have clergy members sitting at the end of the bench. Always has been. Maybe that will end now. One can hope

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    It's like you're almost putting 2 and 2 together and getting to the correct conclusion but your mind won't quite let you... lol

But i do agree it's weird that we have clergy members sitting at the end of the bench. Always has been. Maybe that will end now. One can hope
    Not at all. It's only tangential....and very tangential at that.. You have your opinion. I have mine. Has nothing to do with basketball or this team .

"A Reveal report published earlier this week found the Cardinal Bea House on Gonzaga’s campus was a “retirement repository” for at least 20 priests accused of sexual misconduct for over 30 years. "

https://www.revealnews.org/article/t...nzagas-campus/
    gotta bring it into the light to expose it. being defensive about exposure highlights one big issue of the problem/CRIME

No worries CEO. Just not on a basketball board.

http://www.spokesman.com/stories/201...a-following-r/

The 80-year-old Case had been a vice president at Gonzaga since 2011, though he was perhaps better known for his other role as chaplain to the school’s nationally ranked men’s basketball team. He was a fixture at Bulldogs games at home and on the road, with a reserved seat at the end of the team’s courtside bench.

Don't worry, you'll likely get your wish as I know anything slightly controversial on here is censored quickly. But it is basketball related, this dude was part of the mens basketball program. You seem to know a bit about the case but frame it a bit differently than what i'm seeing from the Seattle Times and daily beast articles. You wanting to bury it only carries on what got us here really...
    No. That’s the point: it’s nothing to do with men’s basketball.

At least you admit you have personal relations to the case therefore we know you couldn't possibly be unbiased. Used his position and the cover of the church to hide sexual predators away at the Cardinal Bea house. Great guy otherwise though I am sure.
    And again you’re assuming something incorrectly. I have’t seen Frank Case in 30 years.

People in the Catholic religion don't want to take responsibility for their priests, jesuits, and members doing unspeakably evil things and never have. They won't hear it and won't listen to it. Religion has a way of blinding you to reality.

I don't care what you believe, if you victimize a child or another person in general you should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. That the Catholic church, the Jesuits, and Gonzaga University knew of these allegations and acts and did not immediately report them to law enforcement makes them responsible for the fact that they've continued for so long and continue to happen today.

It all disgusts me. And it doesn't surprise me that even the Gonzaga Men's Basketball Program wouldn't have escaped being around someone like Case. If you're involved in the Catholic church in any capacity, you've probably been around people who have been involved either directly (committing the acts) or indirectly (protecting people who have) with sexual misconduct and violence.

It's funny how we hear about these administrators apologize for this stuff after the fact, has there ever been a report of people from Gonzaga reporting the Jesuits on their own volition.

I'm sure my post will be deleted, but I don't care. I support the basketball team, I support the kids at the school, I do not support that disgusting religion.
    -Zach Norvell Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    On one hand the administration purports that allowing certain conservatives to speak on campus constitutes a risk to the student body, on the other hand they knowingly and quietly housed multiple sexual predators on campus.
    And on another hand, the religion in general seems to think they have some kind of moral superiority.
    -Zach Norvell Jr.