• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PeninsulaDog
    Kennel Club Material
    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
    First off...AMMO and Vandersloot’s numbers should be in the rafters.

Secondly, Bill Russell was the starting center on some of the GREATEST NBA TEAMS of all time, which is why the Celtics won so many NBA Championships! I would say that if he and Wilt switched teams, then Wilt would have won all those rings and Bill might have one or two, because Wilt DOMINATED Bill EVERYTIME they played BUT the Celtics won all but one championship (1966) when the two played for the Celtics and 76ers.

In addition, I believe the free throw lane was widened because of Wilt - the original width of the lane was narrower than today’s NCAA lane and was eventually moved to where the NBA lane’s width is today. and the rule that the free throw had to touch the rim was because Wilt would “shoot” the ball off the backboard, catch it and then dunk.

I am also of the opinion that Larry Bird was the best Celtic to date.
    I think the next jersey hoisted-up should be Courtney Vandersloot's: She is one of the greatest college basketball players I've ever watched, men or women. If you never saw her play at Gonzaga, you cheated yourself. I remember talking to Kelly Graves about her, and I mused that Mark Few would love to have a player like her on the men's team. He responded, "I think Mark would love to have her on his team." Next up, Morrison.

Comment

• RenoZag
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by PeninsulaDog View Post
      I think the next jersey hoisted-up should be Courtney Vandersloot's: She is one of the greatest college basketball players I've ever watched, men or women. If you never saw her play at Gonzaga, you cheated yourself. I remember talking to Kelly Graves about her, and I mused that Mark Few would love to have a player like her on the men's team. He responded, "I think Mark would love to have her on his team." Next up, Morrison.
      Ammo this year. Courtney in 2021 ??
      The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

Working...
      X