Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Zags vs NC Post Game thoughts.

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    Because the lack your internet warrior toughness. That being said no consolation prizes. But 1 team had 10 days to get ready, the other requires their players to attend class and had to fly across the country to play the game. It does take a toll and was pretty evident in the game. Zags looked tired and that allowed a good team to be great.
    Our defense has been poor all year. Today wasnt just because of the finals. Maybe Tillie changed that? I hope so. I know we will score even more.
    Love the zags for life

Quote Originally Posted by Saxon_zag View Post
    Should have been a post about this before the game so I didn't have to listen to Puke Vitale for 2 hours like that while we took a dump on the court. I didnt know we had no shot at this one because of finals and they had 4 more days off than us :P

No warrior here that was just frustratingly bad, no? Or we are good with teams dropping over 100 on us and putting the walk-ons in? lol
    Let that sink in.

Walk ons played vs top 5 team because their team whipped that #5 team.
    Love the zags for life

Good to see the Zags were able to outscore them in the 2nd half--but could not dig out of the hole they built in the 1st half.

Defense is horrible this year. #166

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-ba...ive-efficiency
    Love the zags for life

Love all the excuses. Lol. You're smoking Washington's finest if you think this team earns a 1 seed.

Felt like we were down by 25. Actually lost the first half by 14. Won the second half by 1. We were within striking distance several times just couldn't get the rebound and it hurt. Few schedules these games to benefit the play in March. As with Tennessee, North Carolina are teams we can beat in march. People are worrying to much about how it will affect our seed. 4 or better is all that matters. You just can't loose.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I wish people wouldn't put as much stock in finals weeks as they do. A group of players, that aren't exactly taking advanced rocket science, with private tutors, shouldn't be that much of an excuse. Does it help? No. Does it make a huge difference? Probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Serious question since your one end of the spectrum.

Do you think this was a great defensive effort? Great defensive game plan by few? If so, is 100+ points allowed reasonable?

How about rui? Do you think him standing underneath the basket and allowing numerous second chance points are reasonable as well?

Lastly if as fans we are only able to point out the positive, then when they lose what do we do?

Thanks
    Let's say that I say you are correct with your questions, does that really necessitate the need to break out the negative speeches? Does it mean the sky is falling? GU's defensive game plan, what specifically was wrong with it? Giving up rebounds on the offensive glass? When a team shoots 23 3s, there's bound to be the long rebounds, which we saw a number of tonight. Is it because we didn't get the 50-50 rebounds? UNC had 23 TOs, most forced. That's good defense.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by GonzaGAW View Post
    - yes embarrassing.............because of the lack of rebounding....dare I say effort? I didn't see any fight for rebounds. unc is not particularly strong or tall, yet.
    - unc could of shot 70% from 3, and we win the game easy, if rebounding was 32 a piece, instead of a 20 margin for unc.

- good game josh, way to bounce back from your last game, give us consistency now, and we and you and coach all three are going to be pleased.
    Josh was thoroughly outplayed by white.....a freshman.....thoroughly.

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    haha! One thing that drives me nuts is when people all the sudden have the sky falling and know exactly what's wrong; coaching, effort, this play, that player, blah blah, etc. It's not falling, that's the point. People act like the world is ending, when it's not. People start questioning everything, because of course they know best! (/sarcasm).
    Boy I know I don’t know best. But I also know our Defense has to get a whole lot better. Is there anyone denying that?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    3 seed.
    Continually repeating it doesn't make it any less stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Defense is horrible this year. #166

https://www.teamrankings.com/ncaa-ba...ive-efficiency
    The last three games the Defense has really stepped up because if you just look at the last three games we are ranked #332

[QUOTE=Zags11;1418238]Defense is horrible this year. #166

Those are raw numbers, not adjusted for competition level while the Zags are playing the hard part of the schedule. A simple check of kenpom's free page shows 55 as the adjusted number. Not good enough for a top team, obviously, but showing that 166 stat is disingenuous.

The defense as pointed out was awful, completely jv on rotations. Kispert is a liability on the perimeter guarding most people. Perkins was also late and gave too much space on defense. The rebounding was awful, our bigs have struggled against other athletic teams, no boxing out at all.
    No tenacity. fire. passion. urgency at all.

Name one player on this roster who has the leadership ability to get everyone fired up. That is a huge problem.

It was just a lethargic effort in the end. You cant trade buckets and get destroyed on the glass. Lets hope they proceed to make changes and win out in conference.

We had 13 steals and 4 blocks against NC. They had 6 steals and 2 blocks. Not too shabby. They had 43 boards we had 22. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
    Love all the excuses. Lol. You're smoking Washington's finest if you think this team earns a 1 seed.
    Run the table, we're 31-2 going into MM with ooc wins vs Puke, Zona and Creighton. That's a 1 seed.

Quote Originally Posted by Pargo the Destroyer View Post
    Josh was thoroughly outplayed by white.....a freshman.....thoroughly.
    Perks: 20 points, 8 assists, 5 rebs, 4 steals and 6 t.o.s
    White: 15 points, 6 assists, 1 reb, 0 steals, 5 t.o.'s

But don't let a thing like facts get in the way of a good argument.

I congratulate Coach Few and the GU Athletic Director for the brave decision to schedule some extremely tough competition for GU prior to the start of the WCC season. I believe we should all now have a realistic view of where GU is today, but I also think we all have reason to hope and expect that GU will be fantastic by March. Once we add Tillie back to the lineup and give some of the other GU players some playing time and some open shots, and the sky is the limit.

See you in Vegas.

Go Bulldogs!
    Do not go gentle into that good night,
    Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Perks was good minus a couple turnovers. I think Krispert did not match up well.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Perks: 20 points, 8 assists, 5 rebs, 4 steals and 6 t.o.s
    White: 15 points, 6 assists, 1 reb, 0 steals, 5 t.o.'s

But don't let a thing like facts get in the way of a good argument.
    And one of Perkins turnovers was a flop by White. I thought this was one of Perkins better games making a few big three's. Teams will have to respect him even more as the season progresses.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Our bigs lack of toughness and rebounding combined with their real three ball shooting was difference
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Good to see Perks score---hand out a good number of assists --- just needs to cut down on the turn overs. He attacked the basket a number of times as directed by Few ---

Also two huge turnovers by norvell when we were poised to cut lead to six entire arena holding breathe until those two critical turnovers
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Rui struggles against teams with equally athletic players. He's still a little mechanical and raw when it doesn't come easy for him.

Tillie is going to help our scoring, but a lock down defender he is not. Even with killian, defending the three is yet again our Achilles heel.