Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heister (or an impersonator) throwing some shade on "insidecarolina"

Default Heister (or an impersonator) throwing some shade on "insidecarolina"

I'm guessing this is already posted on one of the lengthy pre-game threads. If not .. here it is. And if so, please let me know and I'll move this "iconic" post/jab (which is actually pretty tame/and truthful) by Heister.

https://247sports.com/college/north-...ply-126317690/

As long as UNC isn't allowed too many possessions where they are clearly out of bounds on the baseline I think the Zags win this one and avenge the loss in Phoenix!

I cannot believe that Heister would be engaging in such middle school nonsense..

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I cannot believe that Heister would be engaging in such middle school nonsense..
    I have seen this "Greg Heister" post on other opponent message boards throughout the season.

It really does sound like him; however I wonder if it's just someone's persona/avatar channeling Heister's style & commentary?

Either way, it's entertaining, and honest.

I laughed at the few posts I've seen from "Greg" on other boards as well.

Knowing Heister his username would be Greg Heister so wouldn't be surprised if it's actually him.
    Last edited by raise the zag; 12-14-2018 at 07:48 AM.

Heister is the laughing stock of sports broadcasting and an idiot to boot. He de-legitimizes Gonzaga, the brand, and the reputation that everyone else has worked so hard to build. I honestly cannot figure out why someone, anyone, has not said "umm yeah thanks for the past ... but we're going to upgrade our quality."

Come on guys-- that is NOT Greg Heister...

Nope--someone trying to sound like him.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Heister is the laughing stock of sports broadcasting and an idiot to boot. He de-legitimizes Gonzaga, the brand, and the reputation that everyone else has worked so hard to build. I honestly cannot figure out why someone, anyone, has not said "umm yeah thanks for the past ... but we're going to upgrade our quality."

Wow! Have you had a legal dispute with Heister? I can certainly relate to not being a fan (I’m with you there). But calling the man an idiot? The evidence doesn’t support that conclusion. He’s a successful broadcaster who has done well with the Mark Few show, various other outdoor shows and documentaries and does ok in interviews.

The whole broadcasting crew needs to work on what to do when games get out of hand. I used to think it was unprofessional until Walton came along and set the bar so low, but it still isn’t great TV to hear them tease each other about just everything they can think of (attire, grades, defense, etc).

Laughing stock seems pretty harsh...

Greg told me he did not intend to kill your dog...it was a accident...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    nice

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Come on guys-- that is NOT Greg Heister...
    Exactly. Yes, I'm not a fan of him as a broadcaster, but there's no way he'd be doing something like this. Still, kudos to whomever is running the parody account - it is funny.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Nope--someone trying to sound like him.
    Nah-uh!!! It's on the internet so it has to be true.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

I don't see him as an idiot at all. Goofy, yes, but by no means an idiot.

'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

run of the mill "buffoon"...nothing more nothing less

But no one else knows who he is, so what's the point of creating a fake account when no one knows the real one except us? I've seen his name on the Illinois board i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    run of the mill "buffoon"...nothing more nothing less
    I find it lighthearted and in good cheer.

He has posted on other message boards prior to our games, and he doesn't offend, troll, or negative.

I understand it's a joke of sorts, but it's subtle and well done. Only to be appreciated -- or not -- by a select few.

Avatars are avatars for a reason.

I vote for fake account. This part didn't feel real,

I talked this game over on another broadcast with my buddies Dan Dickau and Richard Fox. Zags were winning by 40 and we'd talked plenty about Zion's dunks in the previous half. Zags and Heels are a great matchup! Both teams like to get up and down the floor! Should be a ton of 3s! Bang!

But, I'm not at all confident of my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    I vote for fake account. This part didn't feel real,

I talked this game over on another broadcast with my buddies Dan Dickau and Richard Fox. Zags were winning by 40 and we'd talked plenty about Zion's dunks in the previous half. Zags and Heels are a great matchup! Both teams like to get up and down the floor! Should be a ton of 3s! Bang!

But, I'm not at all confident of my vote.
    Heister says "bang" a handful of times every game.

Well played by this poster.

Nails him in writing no less.

Wish Heister would post on this board.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    Nah-uh!!! It's on the internet so it has to be true.

Abraham Lincoln warned us not to trust everything we see on the internet.

OT ---

Speaking of entertaining/funny posts, whatever happened to lothar98zag?

That guy or gal was hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    OT ---

Speaking of entertaining/funny posts, whatever happened to lothar98zag?

That guy or gal was hilarious.
    Doing well. Has his priorities straight and I don't think GU Boards is anywhere close to the top of the list.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Doing well. Has his priorities straight and I don't think GU Boards is anywhere close to the top of the list.
    Good to hear. Miss his presence and wit.

He had nearly 15000K posts when he stopped posting, so Guboards certainly has fallen down the priority list.

Wow! Have you had a legal dispute with Heister? I can certainly relate to not being a fan (I’m with you there). But calling the man an idiot? The evidence doesn’t support that conclusion. He’s a successful broadcaster who has done well with the Mark Few show, various other outdoor shows and documentaries and does ok in interviews.
    No dispute, I just strive for quality and despise mediocrity. He's a low quality, low caliber, glorified radio DJ who adds nothing in the way of intelligence, entertainment or content to a perennial top 25 team and the unfortunates who get paired up with him make fun of him live on air because they can... because hes too dumb to get it. So yeah, idiot.

Gonzaga should be ashamed to have such an anchor pulling them down even if its just for the local broadcasts.

I will give you the Mark Few show for almost being tolerable... until he interviews someone lol. I've heard worse interviewers, but if you put aside his bland fake persona and pick up on the communications side of it, he uses answers to ask questions, which is a terrible technique. But the show does give us a semi-insiders look so I enjoy that part.

No dispute, I just strive for quality and despise mediocrity. He's a low quality, low caliber glorified radio DJ who adds nothing in the way of quality or content to a perennial top 25 team and the unfortunates who get paired up with him make fun of him live on air because they can... because hes too dumb to get it. So yeah, idiot.

Gonzaga should be ashamed to have such an anchor pulling them down even if its just for the local broadcasts.
    Good grief. Sounds like you have a personal issue with Heister directly. If not, dude you need calm down.

Please pass along good vibes from the old gang.
    Once in a while you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right