Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Heister (or an impersonator) throwing some shade on "insidecarolina"

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    Good grief. Sounds like you have a personal issue with Heister directly. If not, dude you need calm down.
    Naw, I just dont settle for known inferiority. Heister aside, it baffles me how GU doesnt want to upgrade their broadcasts to the highest level possible. The pregame radio from Meehan sounds like they have their microphones set up in an echoing bathroom. Low budget podcasts have five times the end quality that 1510 puts out and I cant image GU is happy to put their name on stuff like that. A college intern sound engineer should be able to set them up and modulate the output to double the sound quality in 20 minutes of work.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Heister is the laughing stock of sports broadcasting and an idiot to boot. He de-legitimizes Gonzaga, the brand, and the reputation that everyone else has worked so hard to build. I honestly cannot figure out why someone, anyone, has not said "umm yeah thanks for the past ... but we're going to upgrade our quality."
    Thank you, Mr. Walton

Basketball Web Sites Listing

"The most interesting place exists between how people see themselves and how other people do." -- Wright Thompson

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Abraham Lincoln warned us not to trust everything we see on the internet.
    WRONG! It was a later President, Al Gore!
    We didn't want the guy anyway.

Heister is the laughing stock of sports broadcasting and an idiot to boot. He de-legitimizes Gonzaga, the brand, and the reputation that everyone else has worked so hard to build. I honestly cannot figure out why someone, anyone, has not said "umm yeah thanks for the past ... but we're going to upgrade our quality."
    No he doesn't. He does an excellent job and his audience reviews are exceptional which is why he is still calling GU games.

No dispute, I just strive for quality and despise mediocrity. He's a low quality, low caliber, glorified radio DJ who adds nothing in the way of intelligence, entertainment or content to a perennial top 25 team and the unfortunates who get paired up with him make fun of him live on air because they can... because hes too dumb to get it. So yeah, idiot.

Gonzaga should be ashamed to have such an anchor pulling them down even if its just for the local broadcasts.

I will give you the Mark Few show for almost being tolerable... until he interviews someone lol. I've heard worse interviewers, but if you put aside his bland fake persona and pick up on the communications side of it, he uses answers to ask questions, which is a terrible technique. But the show does give us a semi-insiders look so I enjoy that part.
    He's s million times better than Walton who is doing it on a national stage

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    The whole broadcasting crew needs to work on what to do when games get out of hand. I used to think it was unprofessional until Walton came along and set the bar so low, but it still isn’t great TV to hear them tease each other about just everything they can think of (attire, grades, defense, etc).

Laughing stock seems pretty harsh...
    They could always talk about the latest rerun of Judge Judy!

Naw, I just dont settle for known inferiority. Heister aside, it baffles me how GU doesnt want to upgrade their broadcasts to the highest level possible. The pregame radio from Meehan sounds like they have their microphones set up in an echoing bathroom. Low budget podcasts have five times the end quality that 1510 puts out and I cant image GU is happy to put their name on stuff like that. A college intern sound engineer should be able to set them up and modulate the output to double the sound quality in 20 minutes of work.
    Maybe you could just drop in during your lunch hour and fix it for 'em. I'll pitch in $2. Who's with me?
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Old enough to remember no tv, even no radio and only the next days newspaper for a report on a game, I’ll take any friggin’ announcer can I get.

‘Tis the Season!

Quote Originally Posted by MontanaCoyote View Post
    Old enough to remember no tv, even no radio and only the next days newspaper for a report on a game, I’ll take any friggin’ announcer can I get.

‘Tis the Season!
    Oh yeah, plus it was a 2-mile uphill walk to school, both ways...
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Oh yeah, plus it was a 2-mile uphill walk to school, both ways...
    And my Mom was born in Liberty Lake, really!

You do realize this is a small television market college team right?
    for the size of market, the whole local crew does an excellent job.

Quote Originally Posted by Kong-Kool-Aid View Post
    You do realize this is a small television market college team right?
    for the size of market, the whole local crew does an excellent job.
    Correct. He’s a homer and it shows, as much a Zag fan as any.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

How many seasons have featured these Whack A Heister threads ?

And how long has he been getting paid to call the games ?

Seems to me he's won the job already.

Greg is a great guy. So is his wife.

Bang.
    Love the zags for life