Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Other Games - Saturday - 12. 08. 18

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Nebraska's best defense has been the Blue Jay's offense.
    Nebraska also shooting 53% from 3pt.

Huskers 11-20 from distance.

Impressive.

They have some athletes in backcourt.

A streaky team but dangerous one. One of those 8 seeds you wouldn't want to face in March
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Reid Travis has gotten slower. Can’t see him at GU. He’s a moose, our bigs are deer.
    That’s nicer than what I was going to say after watching him

Pray tell.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    That’s nicer than what I was going to say after watching him

Future nba all star, as if, tyshon Alexander stinking it up

Nebraska getting the lion's share of the 50/50 balls.

They've lost 7 in a row to Creighton, they want it badly.
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Nice win for Marquette

Quote Originally Posted by ProVeeZag View Post
    Have Gun Will Travel - Furman wins 74-60 over Upstart South Carolina (I mean "Upstate").
    I had two clients today that were also Furman alum and we were discussing the fact that our basketball team was ranked; a conversation that I thought would never take place in my lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    I had two clients today that were also Furman alum and we were discussing the fact that our basketball team was ranked; a conversation that I thought would never take place in my lifetime.
    A lot of Zag fans would have said that about our program in the early 1990s.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

I have no particular connection to Furman, but am old enough to have enjoyed watching the old "Have Gun Will Travel" episodes in late 1950's starring Richard Boone as Paladin. I dressed up as Paladin on a couple of Halloween nights. Since I no longer "costume-up" for Halloween, I instead will root for Furman!

http://tmsimg.com/assets/v9/AllPhoto...20_b_v9_ac.jpg
    "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
    —Kurt Vonnegut

Come on, Aggies! New Mexico State 40 Kansas 33,15:29 in the second half. Box Score

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Come on, Aggies! New Mexico State 40 Kansas 33,15:29 in the second half. Box Score
    NMSU is 7-1, their only loss is to St Marys.

They already beat WSU and New Mexico twice.

My buddy is a Jayhawk fan and he said before the game they'd have their work cut out for them.
    "Rob plays with a high level of intensity when it's time, has a good time when it's not ... I love his enthusiasm and his zest for life. He picks us all up when he enters the gym."

-- Coach Few

New Mexico State is fun to watch.

Wiry, slippery, scrappy.

Playing their hearts out.

They beat their home state rivals, UNM by 35pts.

Will likely be a quality win for SMC

-- Coach Few

They sure are. They are playing really hard and showing no fear against the Jayhawks.
    "The Foo is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered together on one message board with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson blogged alone." JFK -4.29.62-

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    They sure are. They are playing really hard and showing no fear against the Jayhawks.
    And are now loosing.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Martin Centre Mad Man View Post
    Defending well, except allowing Dedrick to do layup drills or wide open 3's. Lawson scored last 11 pts for KU

-- Coach Few

Makes a difference when you can afford to rest your stars in 2nd half of games.

Kansas rests Lawson, he comes in, legs fresh, and scores 13 straight points.

Can't wait to have depth return, as we pretty much play our starters entire 2nd half unless severe foul trouble

-- Coach Few

Jackson St. 66
    PEP 69

Sac. St. 67
    Portland 76

EWU 67
    N.D. St. 74

UT Arlington 61
    No. Texas 63

CS Bakersfield 73
    Idaho 67
    Hey, did you happen to catch Judge Judy the other night?

Quote Originally Posted by raise the zag View Post
    Nebraska also shooting 53% from 3pt.

Huskers 11-20 from distance.

Impressive.

They have some athletes in backcourt.

A streaky team but dangerous one. One of those 8 seeds you wouldn't want to face in March
    For some reason I have a feeling GU is going to see Nebraska in the tourney...my bball love for GU trumps my love for Nebraska
    I would never be a sellout............unless of course I got a boat load of money to do it

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Pray tell.
    Heck I’m so out of the loop on stats and averages lately he could be kicking out a triple double every game but after his high school recruitment ended and the best I saw was a poor mans E Harris replacement, then he didn’t really wow at Stanford, and now watching him I didn’t see the good fundamentals or defense you come to expect from a fifth year senior, and really no blow you out of this world scoring prowess. I mean he’s good, but he’s good cause he’s experienced and has the bully body, not because he’s got the talent of a two and done. Just was not impressed with his court vision, spacing, or interior presence. Pretty happy we didn’t get him here.

Agree 100%. Our 4 bigs now are much better in every way. He might have been a rotation player here, but also might have scared off one or more if our big recruits. He may have gone to Stanford, but he’s made some poor choices.

Quote Originally Posted by hooter73 View Post
    Heck I’m so out of the loop on stats and averages lately he could be kicking out a triple double every game but after his high school recruitment ended and the best I saw was a poor mans E Harris replacement, then he didn’t really wow at Stanford, and now watching him I didn’t see the good fundamentals or defense you come to expect from a fifth year senior, and really no blow you out of this world scoring prowess. I mean he’s good, but he’s good cause he’s experienced and has the bully body, not because he’s got the talent of a two and done. Just was not impressed with his court vision, spacing, or interior presence. Pretty happy we didn’t get him here.

Let's go Christian Knights!