Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: 2019 - Brock Ravet Commit

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    Harvey would be a huge get. Isn’t Zach 2020 prospect?
    There's been talk of him reclassifying to 2019.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    There's been talk of him reclassifying to 2019.
    thanks. that would be nice

From twitter:
    Luke Olson
    ‏ @lukeolsonb
    36m36 minutes ago

Final: Kittitas 92, Nixyaawii 53. Brock Ravet with a 36-point performance, and is now 53 points away from the state scoring record. Justin Hudson added 19, Bailey Gibson 14, Caleb Harris 11. Kittitas improves to 18-1. #wabkbscores

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    From twitter:
    He’ll surely break that record. I’ve been disappointed watching high school scoring records set by throwing the ball into a post player over and over. Brock’s record will be a real achievement.
    Parlez-vous français?

It won't last very long..... the sophomore point guard at Cashmere...…. Landeck is averaging about 35 …..in a much better league ...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    It won't last very long..... the sophomore point guard at Cashmere...…. Landeck is averaging about 35 …..in a much better league ...
    Do we have eyes on him?

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Do we have eyes on him?
    I would think so...oddly enough he played with Brock at Kittitas as a freshman and averaged around 12 ppg…

He is playing in the same league that Joe Harris played in....
    Last edited by bartruff1; 01-27-2019 at 03:04 PM.

Do we have eyes on him?
    watch last years Kittitas championship game and you'll see Landeck

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I think Ravet averaged like 31 as a frosh to Landeck's 12, so he's got some ground to make up.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I think Ravet averaged like 31 as a frosh to Landeck's 12, so he's got some ground to make up.
    http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...l/schedule.htm

#4 Mason Landeck Sophomore Guard 6’ (MaxPreps) or 6’ 1 (Hudl) 150 lbs

Cashmere has a young team. They have 5 losses so far this season.

It’s hard to set records if your team doesn’t play after the regular season ends.
    Parlez-vous français?

Poor kid he just can't get any respect...he isn't even the best player at Cashmere...… Hailey Van Lith is the headliner...

From Twitter:

WASupreme
    ‏ @WASupreme
    8m8 minutes ago

@Brock3ravet with 37 points, 10 rebounds & 12 assists for #1 Kittitas as they clinch the league championship tonight!

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Cool story. Thanks for posting it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    That was a really hard shot to break the record on. Looked like a Snax up and under move. Congrats Brock

Congratulations, Brock! Anyone notice the scoreboard in the background after his shot? 55-8. Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    http://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools...l/schedule.htm

#4 Mason Landeck Sophomore Guard 6’ (MaxPreps) or 6’ 1 (Hudl) 150 lbs

Cashmere has a young team. They have 5 losses so far this season.

It’s hard to set records if your team doesn’t play after the regular season ends.
    They won the league championship and will begin tournament play ...

Can "shorter" guards make it in D1.
    Interesting discussion on TSSF about whether Ravet's height has anything to do with his future success. Mike Sequim is pretty strong in his opinion it is "ignorant" to judge a player's height against his potential success. See John Stockton. Of course the high school vs. D1 issue comes up too. But Auburn has a PG Harper I think who is dynamite and his last second lay-in rimmed out to almost beat Kentucky. Then the guard from Purdue is a "little" guy who also dynamite. So I would like to see some video or Paul Pennington at GU who is a walk on from Idaho school (I think someone said 5-10 or so) but was all world in highschool and may have won a state title or two. I'm not unhappy with our guards or recruits but still would like to see Pennington's skills. Anyone watch him in practice at GU?

Quote Originally Posted by BurgessEraZag View Post
    Can "shorter" guards make it in D1.
    Interesting discussion on TSSF about whether Ravet's height has anything to do with his future success. Mike Sequim is pretty strong in his opinion it is "ignorant" to judge a player's height against his potential success. See John Stockton. Of course the high school vs. D1 issue comes up too. But Auburn has a PG Harper I think who is dynamite and his last second lay-in rimmed out to almost beat Kentucky. Then the guard from Purdue is a "little" guy who also dynamite. So I would like to see some video or Paul Pennington at GU who is a walk on from Idaho school (I think someone said 5-10 or so) but was all world in highschool and may have won a state title or two. I'm not unhappy with our guards or recruits but still would like to see Pennington's skills. Anyone watch him in practice at GU?
    Uh....UDub had to back to back diminutive point guards that were about 5'9 that had very successful careers in the NBA

Uh....UDub had to back to back diminutive point guards that were about 5'9 that had very successful careers in the NBA
    I've looked this up in the past, but in the last 15 years or so there's just a few national champs who had starting point guards over 6'1". Most are 6' or 6'1".

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I've looked this up in the past, but in the last 15 years or so there's just a few national champs who had starting point guards over 6'1". Most are 6' or 6'1".
    I didn't see anything about "national champion". I thought we were just talking about productive point guards under 6 feet tall. And are we talking about listed height or actual height? Because the point guard for puke in real life is maybe 6 feet tall.

He was built like a tank.
    Parlez-vous français?

I didn't see anything about "national champion". I thought we were just talking about productive point guards under 6 feet tall. And are we talking about listed height or actual height? Because the point guard for puke in real life is maybe 6 feet tall.
    We weren't talking about national champs, but we were talking about 6'1" pgs. I was just bringing up a group who not only were productive, but also reached the ultimate in team success. Brock's height won't limit him or Gonzaga from reaching their ultimate goals. Now perhaps 5'9" guys on mediocre teams is a better example for some.