Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: 2019 - Brock Ravet Commit

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Ill trade deadeye three point shooting for D any time. Especially in the Dance.
    Whos the deadeye? Ive watched Ravet play for 2+years. When hes on, watch out! However, hes streaky. Id actually be surprised if he shot 35% from the 3pt line in college. Thats truly not a knock as hes more than capable of knocking down 7-8 in any given game. He might only go 1-9 or 2-10 in the next game though. One thing about Brock breaking the Washington state scoring record is he took a lot of shots to get there because he had the green light...and were talking neon! Cant imagine hell have as long a leash at GU unless hes on.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    Whos the deadeye? Ive watched Ravet play for 2+years. When hes on, watch out! However, hes streaky. Id actually be surprised if he shot 35% from the 3pt line in college. Thats truly not a knock as hes more than capable of knocking down 7-8 in any given game. He might only go 1-9 or 2-10 in the next game though. One thing about Brock breaking the Washington state scoring record is he took a lot of shots to get there because he had the green light...and were talking neon! Cant imagine hell have as long a leash at GU unless hes on.
    I'd take that bet all day...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Umm.....sounds like someone who has left this year.

Streaky is a word that could be used to describe performance for any person in any sport. When you're hot you're hot. When you're not, you're not. Darts, bowling, hoops, pool, putting, hitting baseballs, whatever. When you get in the groove and feel it, everything is beautiful. When you temporarily lose the touch, nothing works. The best of the best are just a few percentage points more consistent than the rest of the field. On any given day, disasters can happen, but in the long run, odds favor the best of the best. Good scorers find multiple ways to contribute to the game. When the 3's aren't falling, they can still put points on the board or get the ball to others that are hot. I'm not worried about Brock's offense. His streaks proved to be better than any other HS player in the state.

Quote Originally Posted by roxdoc View Post
    Umm.....sounds like someone who has left this year.
    Exactly...he needs a Norvellian leash....at least he’ll stay more than a few years before bolting.

Streaky scoring can be... accepted... if the rest of the package is there. Assists, IQ, intangibles, defense... oh

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Exactly...he needs a Norvellian leash....at least he’ll stay more than a few years before bolting.
    Where would he bolt to ?? My initial impression was that he was Wade 2.0....then the experts in here claimed he was more like Pangos and Dickau only better....then the talk about a being a deadeye 3 point scorer..... and breaking career and season assists records and averaging 10/game... I am thinking now he is a cross between Tre Young and Ja Morant ……

Can't wait to see him play....as for being the all time scorer in Washington State....I suspect he could have scored 4000 points or more if he had wanted to....

Hyperbole warning...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Where would he bolt to ?? My initial impression was that he was Wade 2.0....then the experts in here claimed he was more like Pangos and Dickau only better....then the talk about a deadeye 3 point scorer..... and breaking careerand season assists records and averaging 10/game... I am thinking now he is a cross between Tre Young and Jordan Mordant ……

Can't wait to see him play....as for being the all time scorer in Washington State....I suspect he could have scored 4000 points or more if he had wanted to....
    Okay bart ol buddy I may be way out there on the 10 assists per game but his skillset is similar to Sloot's... saw her play at least 50 times in person, if not more.... I'm not talking men's game vs ladies game.... I'm talking skillsets and IQ... my first reaction to Ravet was he's lazy... but as I watched more I saw he increased effort when it was needed and played at his speed in controlling tempo... he is not just a shooter he is a scorer and can finish close in with either hand... I do think if he gets the PT Josh's assist record will be gone in 4 years... the question is his ability to adapt to D1... the talent around him can score and he can pass the rock... so barring injury and his making the successful jump to D1 I believe he will own the assist record at GU before he leaves... he is as much a gym rat baller as anyone who has ever suited up at GU since my fandom started in "95"... and as good a passer as I have ever seen at his age.... and the kid can dribble the ball... but I'm just a fan... what do I know...

Just my opinion...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

I hope you are right Big....I never imagined that anyone would ever pay 5 bucks for a cup of coffee or that Beyond Meat would go up 600 % in a month or that Amazon would still be in business ….. so I am not good at measuring potential ...

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    I hope you are right Big....I never imagined that anyone would ever pay 5 bucks for a cup of coffee or that Beyond Meat would go up 600 % in a month or that Amazon would still be in business ….. so I am not good at measuring potential ...
    Ha ha ha, I can do better than that... I was in the video biz back before it exploded.... got a call from a company new to the US asking me tor represent them in SoCal.... didn't really pay attention to the guy talking... and asked him to tell me what they did again..... he said the name of the company is Nintendo and we make video games... I replied "video games? They'll never catch on" and then hung up on him.... I now listen intently when other people talk... a life lesson well learned.... FYI... I created the term "Previously Viewed" for the selling of used VHS tapes back in the day... but that's another story in itself... I think Ravet will be an asset and I'll leave it at that...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"

I never thought of Brock as lazy....BUT I though Watson needed a kick in the butt....but who can kick that high ???