Thread: Zags Face Tennessee in the Same City and Arena That They Lost the Nat値 Championship

Talking Zags Face Tennessee in the Same City and Arena That They Lost the Nat値 Championship

to our next opponent, North Carolina, this time on their home court. Don’t know if this irony plays any role on Sunday, but who would imagined it?

Go Zags! Defeat Tennessee and avenge UNC and return home undefeated for the remainder of the OOC games!

different arena.....
    OK...LETS DO IT!..

different city as well...... Phoenix and Glendale....... same airport though

The "Arena" where Gonzaga won the epic National Semi-Final game (how cool was Tillie icing the South Carolina game with free throws) is kinda occupied on Sunday. There's something about a Detroit Lions and Arizona Cardinals game kicking off shortly after 1pm.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/game/_/gameId/401030860

I did attend two games in this arena in 1999 Florida and UCONN
    OK...LETS DO IT!..

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    I did attend two games in this arena in 1999 Florida and UCONN
    I like to remember the 10/6 regional semi-final victory over Florida vs the narrow 10/1 loss to eventual National Champion UConn. Still, the Zags were 33 seconds and a possession away from the Final Four that year.

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    I like to remember the 10/6 regional semi-final victory over Florida vs the narrow 10/1 loss to eventual National Champion UConn. Still, the Zags were 33 seconds and a possession away from the Final Four that year.
    which was in St Petersburg that year...I had big dreams racing in my head about making plans at halftime... Zags 32 UCONN 31 .... Dook..Michigan State..Ohio State
    OK...LETS DO IT!..

Quote Originally Posted by Zagceo View Post
    which was in St Petersburg that year...I had big dreams racing in my head about making plans at halftime... Zags 32 UCONN 31 .... Dook..Michigan State..Ohio State
    Seems like a good time to re-share this link. It's not the best quality (off my old VCR ... I'd made a copy for the GU Alumni office around 2003 and then shared it with a fellow Zag who put it on youtube. One of my alltime favorites .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZO9j8RBOpg

Thanks GZ...watched it all! footage is priceless.

does GU have media display (video) in HOF area in Volkar Center?
    OK...LETS DO IT!..

Quote Originally Posted by Darreno View Post
    different city as well...... Phoenix and Glendale....... same airport though
    Unless you fly your Gulfstream in and out of Mesa...

Monson at the 10:18 mark giving the pep talk is my all time favorite. "we're 40 minutes from the final four.............................................. .. I don't know what we gotta do, I'm a mess"
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

Quote Originally Posted by Norwester View Post
    Unless you fly your Gulfstream in and out of Mesa...
    nah Gulfstreams line Scottsdale Airport...G5's Mesa. )
    OK...LETS DO IT!..

Got some ballers in here.

Hanging at the pool of the team hotel and haven't seen a fellow zag fan yet. Where is zag nation??

On the news last last night. Talking Stick Arena may get a $200,000,000+ rebuild if voters approve. The Suns will kick in $60M on it and taxpayers eat the rest. My first trip there is tomorrow.

If Clarke gets back to beast mode, we hit 40+% of 3’s, play great defense and not get our key players on the bench we can beat anybody. Oh, FTs....
    Lots of “if’s there. Perkin’s magic time too.
    To Fish & Game: Keep streams stocked well for Mr. Few!

Quote Originally Posted by GoZags View Post
    Seems like a good time to re-share this link. It's not the best quality (off my old VCR ... I'd made a copy for the GU Alumni office around 2003 and then shared it with a fellow Zag who put it on youtube. One of my alltime favorites .... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZO9j8RBOpg
    Zags sprinkled throughout but 9:30 if you feel like getting those eyes moisty. Different times now.

last time Gonzaga played in the HOF challenge they beat Kevin Durant’s Texas team by 10.

Apparently Talking Sticks Arena (where today's GU game took place) is a horrendous venue for hockey, so the city's NHL hockey team moved to Glendale to play at the arena that is adjacent to the stadium where the Cardinals play. However, because hockey teams play more games, and especially more weekday games, the NHL team has been experiencing attendance problems at the NHL arena in Glendale. So now the NHL team wants to move closer to downtown Phoenix. There is some talk about the Suns and Coyotes sharing a new arena, or the Coyotes building a new arena for themselves, again, closer to downtown.

Awe........the arena and stadium business.

What happened to the stadiums that fans and teams seemed to be satisfied with for 70 years??