Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: GU vs Tennessee - Predictions/Thoughts/What you do hope to see

Don’t know where this one goes. The Zags have the talent, hopefully they are fired up after UW.

Zags 88
    Vols 85
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

GONZAGA-83
    THE FIGHTING PEYTON'S-80
    I would never be a sellout............unless of course I got a boat load of money to do it

Quote Originally Posted by Alum08 View Post
    I watched the zags beat OK state by one point at the Irish bar at the far end of the concourse. Convinced the devout Baptist sitting next to me to share a Guinness to celebrate.
    Thanks! Go Zags!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

GU 84
    UT 82

95-90 Gonzaga

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    I think the UW game gets the team ready to go from the tip. I think we pull things out on a neutral floor that will likely lean Zags.

Zags - 91
    Vols - 76
    Agree. It was great to get a little wake up call and still get the W. Zags come prepared and take care of business.

Tenn 82
    Gonz 93
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Toughest game to date. Hard to see “W” absent supreme defensive effort.

Need Clarke's presence getting blocks. Key.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeysZag View Post
    Toughest game to date. Hard to see “W” absent supreme defensive effort.
    Emphasis on tough.

Agree completely.

Tennessee more experienced and disciplined than Duke, with nearly the same level of athlete/size in the paint. We haven't played ANYONE with their strength, aggression, or quickness in frontcourt. Coach Few said they will be the quickest team top-to-bottom we have played this season.

Tennessee also Top-5 in assists per game, not to mention Top-10 in adj defense AND offense. Not many teams are in their category.

Does anyone know if Lamonte Turner is playing? Arguably their best 3pt presence, yet he's been listed as "day to day". Have to assume he will rally for this game.

Vols are openly fired up for this one, we can only hope/expect the Zags are the same, and we do our 'talking' on the court. Tennessee players want revenge, and to show the world how good they are -- I expect 40 mins of relentless fight from them.

How will we counter?

Need to stay poised, and keep playing our game. one on one ball with Rui all game will not work. As we did vs Duke, we'll need every player -- big and small -- contributing. Hope Coach Few took note of key subs like Petrusev, and how important he was vs Duke, for consistency, fouls, and giving BC or Rui some rest.

They will spank our arse in the final 5 mins if both players are trying to push our 40 mins. Its also dangerous to play that many mins as a big.

UT will be the toughest, most aggressive and physically matched team we'll see until the Elite 8.

Smart bball, match their intensity, play our game, and hit open shots. This should put us in position to keep it close, or potentially win.

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    Need Clarke's presence getting blocks. Key.
    He stopped trying to block shots during the Creighton game, and has been hesitant ever since.

He wants to stay on the floor, rack up mins, for his team and his future. And the coaching staff probably instructed him as well. To give up a few blocks a game to ensure he avoids foul trouble.

I don't like it. Can't play that way, and hurts us in close games. I'd rather see him play his game and GAMBLE on the foul or not.

94-92 Vols. Zags vulnerable backcourt defensively exposed, though only when Snack's trey rims out at the buzzer.

86-79 Gonzaga

Play smart but be aggressive.

Quote Originally Posted by bartruff1 View Post
    Gonzaga 91-79

I don't think it is self serving to say that at this point in the season..... Tennessee is a better team than Duke....more experience....much better team defense....they are playing with great confidence and a little anger....Barnes is a HOF caliber coach and a class act..... and they certainly expect to win this game..... they have played the best teams on the biggest stages ……

I hope that the week off may take away some of that edge and that Gonzaga's offense can prevail...

In the second half, Washington seemed to drive and score at will....for a bunch of reasons.....but it looked pretty easy and I am sure the Tennessee coaches are well aware of that.....

This is no trap game....beating Tennessee is a very big deal and it won't be easy..
    Upon reflection and more respect for Tennessee's defense....I adjust my guess to Gonzaga 82-76

Zags 88
    Vols 85

MPH beats Old Biff Tannen