Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Zags vs UW post game thoughts

Default Zags vs UW post game thoughts

Zags win 81-79. Rui pulls us out of despair. All of us. What a ugly, uninspiring ball at times. Zags win and thats all that matters tonight. Survived.
    Love the zags for life

Yep, burn the game tape and move on to the next one.

That was horrible

Half glass full take. They won playing very poorly.

That felt forced.

Sloppy, lack of effort, totally uninspired.................

Hard to understand. Not the #1 team in the country tonight.

Almost coughed up the worst hairball in the last decade.

And yet.................another win.

Go ZAGS

Just keep winning. That zone is trouble for these guys. Now they know.

Played poorly. But what can you expect against a Syracuse-style zone. Last big stage game against that zone we lost in the NCAA tourney. Tonight we pulled it off. Learn from it and move on. Not many teams play a zone so well and have that length. Learn from it, move on and improve.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Default Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Zags11 View Post
    Zags win 81-79. Rui pulls us out of despair. All of us. What a ugly, uninspiring ball at times. Zags win and thats all that matters tonight. Survived.
    They are developing a bad habit of folding near the end. Again, they were saved by a good play. This will not work with Tennessee or UNC. I loved the way UW went at us at the end. Loved it. This is WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING. What is going on??? They really have to develop a killer instinct. Being down two players, especially the oft injured Tillie doesn't help either. Please stop the Perils of Pauline and play like there is no tomorrow especially near and at the end. Go Zags.
    '

take the win.
    ugly ball, we missed a lot of shots we usually make.
    though, I seam to remember we have often struggled with the game at about the 5th of December in most years, is it finals? in years past it always felt like the game that is played at about the 5th of Decembers are clunkers generally.

Next up...just like Illinois burn tape.

Our defense is really worrisome. I can understand struggling on offense against a zone like that, but there's no excuse for the defensive lapses. Way too many uncontested looks. We made Nowell look like a superstar

credit UW, showed the evolution of the zone defense into today's game. a trapping extended zone that collapses on the dribbler to double team after forcing the bounce. weakness is inside where there is only one defender where the Zags attacked well tonight, with Rui and Filip, and Brandon too although he missed many shots

nice to see Zags get what they wanted at the end and for Rui to bury it, right over Timmins, who got hammered all night inside as the one low defender in that UW zone

The zone bothered us, looked lost. Got the W, but just feels odd, completely uninspired ball imo we just looked out of sync.
    America's Team!

Perkins, Clarke with their worst games of the season. We needed every bit of Rui to pull out the W.

Don’t know why, but the Huskies’ zone kept us off balance and out of rhythm.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Winners win.

(But sometimes their fans are quick to delete a game.)
    Parlez-vous français?

Ugh

GU looked like a team that was looking ahead to me, but they pulled it out at the FT line.
    Birddog

Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.

I muted the game early in the 2nd half when UW was going on a run. But the one thing I will agree with Walton on was that coaches must be coaching people to flop. I can't imagine UW players doing that on their own.
    Personally I have trouble enjoying UW games even when we win or are winning, because a loss would crush me more than any other opponent. Even though we didn't play well, I couldn't critique anything other than it was clear we needed more Petrusev.

Quote Originally Posted by SWZag View Post
    Played poorly. But what can you expect against a Syracuse-style zone. Last big stage game against that zone we lost in the NCAA tourney. Tonight we pulled it off. Learn from it and move on. Not many teams play a zone so well and have that length. Learn from it, move on and improve.
    +1
    Also, news flash, the Huskies have some really good players. People on this board diss them way too much.

Quote Originally Posted by sheps001 View Post
    They are developing a bad habit of folding near the end. Again, they were saved by a good play. This will not work with Tennessee or UNC. I loved the way UW went at us at the end. Loved it. This is WHAT WE SHOULD BE DOING. What is going on??? They really have to develop a killer instinct. Being down two players, especially the oft injured Tillie doesn't help either. Please stop the Perils of Pauline and play like there is no tomorrow especially near and at the end. Go Zags.
    '
    I agree with the sentiment yet most of our best players are playing close to full time mins. They all played near 40 mins last game and this game.

Feels to me like it's taking a toll.

Attacking the 2/3 zone was lost and terrible. missed layups. Just an ugly win. Thankfully we were perfect from the line.
    Krozman
    GU student 1996-2000
    Law Student 2000-2003

10 point lead to start the 2nd half...gone in less than 4 minutes....11 point lead with 5:30 to go .....let them come all the way back and tie the game.....those 2 runs by the Huskies were fueled by poor defensive positioning and erratic offense ....hopefully got this out of their system before meeting Tennessee in Arizona.....Zags play like this against the Vols... look for a double-digit loss....
    It's What You learn AFTER You Know It All That Counts

Quote Originally Posted by SunDevilGolfZag View Post
    +1
    Also, news flash, the Huskies have some really good players. People on this board diss them way too much.
    Agree with this but their results have been lackluster at best.

Their wins are barely wins and losses haven't been pretty either.

Heck, they were ranked in Top 25 to start the season yet haven't looked even Top 100 thus far.

It wasn't so much how UW looked, it's how we looked.

Average, tired, uninspired, lacking intensity, lazy defense, & questionable shots all game long, save Petrusev.

As I posted a couple months ago Washington had this game on their calender. Zags are focused on numerous teams this pre season Washington had the zags in their crosshairs. Yes the zags didn't play their best but %from the line saved them.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Yes they need to have more players play especially when you are already down two. Why not?