Thread: 2020 - Daishen Nix Offer

Default 2020 - Daishen Nix Offer

We have talked a lot about our 2019 class and a few names in the 2020 class (Strawther, Suggs, Harris, and Harvey), but I keep forgetting to mention or start a thread for Daishen Nix's. Honestly, from what I am hearing him and Strawther are our top two prospects for 2020 (Harvey we want in 2019). I have heard that is Nix was paired with Harris it would be one of the best guard combos we have ever had (this was also before Suggs became a real option, so I will do some digging on him to see where he stands compared to these two on the staffs priority list).

For all the hemming & hawing over whether we should have gone after Nix instead of Suggs.....

"...Nix just decommitted from UCLA and plans to sign in the NBA G League"

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...916611592?s=21

I'm worried about Suggs following suit since he has always said that he was considering pro options. Nix never seemed interested so if Nix can decommit from UCLA -I guess Suggs can do the same at Gonzaga - although I hope like crazy that does NOT happen.

Quote Originally Posted by jsnider View Post
    I'm worried about Suggs following suit since he has always said that he was considering pro options. Nix never seemed interested so if Nix can decommit from UCLA -I guess Suggs can do the same at Gonzaga - although I hope like crazy that does NOT happen.
    So $300,000+ and a possibility of becoming a two way player, or playing for the Zags with the potential of becoming a lottery pick, if he is as good as he thinks he is.

Makes sense to...someone.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

Probably the most debated topic on this board the last few months. In summary, people with connections to the program are confident he is staying. Saved you 92 pages in a closed thread.

Don't be worried, this actually helps

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Don't be worried, this actually helps
    My guess is that the league isn’t ready to full on take all the best prep players and throw them into the G league. This could become the norm in the next 10 years, but even then it is hard to predict the future.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    For all the hemming & hawing over whether we should have gone after Nix instead of Suggs.....

"...Nix just decommitted from UCLA and plans to sign in the NBA G League"

https://twitter.com/shamscharania/st...916611592?s=21
    Anyone have knowledge how financially stable his family might be??? That might be the reason for his departure...