Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2019 - Anton Watson Commit

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Do you guys see him as an sf or pf?
    I see him as the next Rui. Mostly a 4 with some 3 to his game.

Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    I see him as the next Rui. Mostly a 4 with some 3 to his game.
    I was thinking the opposite, mostly some 3 with a little 4 to his game. If Timme is our future pf, then AW at the sf could be a formidable 3 and 4 for next season.

I was thinking the opposite, mostly some 3 with a little 4 to his game. If Timme is our future pf, then AW at the sf could be a formidable 3 and 4 for next season.
    His game is definitely evolving.

https://twitter.com/dominickharri2/s...090898944?s=21

Love those shooting numbers.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Hi-Lights from the Mt. Spokane game. Great kid who will be a special player. Too bad that they lost Jones because I think Prep would run the table again with him. https://twitter.com/i/status/1070378449083092992

Quote Originally Posted by vandalzag View Post
    Hi-Lights from the Mt. Spokane game. Great kid who will be a special player. Too bad that they lost Jones because I think Prep would run the table again with him. https://twitter.com/i/status/1070378449083092992
    How is he not the #1 ranked player in Washington?!?!?!

I am trying to figure out how he is not top 15 in the country. Wow he has improved and is on a whole new level right now.

Because Jaden McDaniels is a top 5 recruit. I'd still rather have Watson though.

Jaden McDaniels out of Federal Way is #1 in the state and top 5 in the country. Watson has played on a local AAU team throughout HS, not one of the factory teams run by the shoe companies so exposure is limited and since he firmly committed early the "power schools" stayed away. I thought his ranking would have gone up after the numbers he put up at the Peachtree and Vegas tourneys last summer but he pretty much held firm. I would doubt there are 30 better seniors than him but tough to say without being able to watch them all play.

Jaden McDaniels out of Federal Way is #1 in the state and top 5 in the country. Watson has played on a local AAU team throughout HS, not one of the factory teams run by the shoe companies so exposure is limited and since he firmly committed early the "power schools" stayed away. I thought his ranking would have gone up after the numbers he put up at the Peachtree and Vegas tourneys last summer but he pretty much held firm. I would doubt there are 30 better seniors than him but tough to say without being able to watch them all play.
    Hype aside, who would you say is better, McDaniels and Watson? And did we try to recruit McDaniels? Thanks

Hype aside, who would you say is better, McDaniels and Watson? And did we try to recruit McDaniels? Thanks
    Watson is a way better fit with GU. He is fortunate to play for a HS coach who preaches defense and team first ball (he is also lucky to have played for Stockton's AAU team). McDaniels projects as a 6'11" 3 with PG skills so his ceiling is is way up there. I would guess that GU went after McDaniels at some point but realized they did not have a chance and backed off. Watson won the head to head in the State championship last year and I thought played better than McDaniels. Hi-lights from the state championship game last year https://www.thenewstribune.com/sport...203397599.html

Watson is a way better fit with GU. He is fortunate to play for a HS coach who preaches defense and team first ball (he is also lucky to have played for Stockton's AAU team). McDaniels projects as a 6'11" 3 with PG skills so his ceiling is is way up there. I would guess that GU went after McDaniels at some point but realized they did not have a chance and backed off. Watson won the head to head in the State championship last year and I thought played better than McDaniels. Hi-lights from the state championship game last year https://www.thenewstribune.com/sport...203397599.html
    Thank you

I’d take Anton over McDaniels in a heartbeat. His game is way more complete as well as his makeup. The basketball bodies aren’t even close. Maybe McDaniels has a little higher ceiling but we’ll see.

I’d take Anton over McDaniels in a heartbeat. His game is way more complete as well as his makeup. The basketball bodies aren’t even close. Maybe McDaniels has a little higher ceiling but we’ll see.
    Music to my ears. Thanks

If Zach and Brandon join Tillie and Rui do we see Anton start at sf and have Corey slide over to sg with Timme at pf and Filip at c?

Music to my ears. Thanks

If Zach and Brandon join Tillie and Rui do we see Anton start at sf and have Corey slide over to sg with Timme at pf and Filip at c?
    I guess. Don’t like the thought of Kispert having to guard the 2 though.

I guess. Don’t like the thought of Kispert having to guard the 2 though.
    Agreed. My ideal situation would be for Hommes to come in for a year as our sg and improve his draft stock.

At half-time in its Hoophall West game, G-Prep is leading Modesto Christian 42-29. Game is televised on ESPN+. (Drat! I lost track of the time and just started watching, so I don't know how Anton is doing.)

Announcer just said Anton had 9 points for the Zags.

http://www.hoophall.com/events/hoophall-west/schedule/

If anyone finds a box score, please add it here.

Gonzaga wins it, 79-63

I think Liam Lloyd had 23 points and Anton Watson 16.

Next game tomorrow at 3:00 pm vs. Bishop Gorman.

Anton’s game is taking off. There is no way he’s not a top 10 senior in the country.

G Preo vs, Bishop Gorman coming up in a couple of minutes at 3:00 on ESPN+

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    G Preo vs, Bishop Gorman coming up in a couple of minutes at 3:00 on ESPN+
    Go Watson!
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

At the half, Bishop Gorman leads it 27-21.

Bishop Gorman wins it 54-52. Anton misses 5 of 7 free throws and comes away with 22 points in the loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagNative View Post
    Bishop Gorman wins it 54-52. Anton misses 5 of 7 free throws and comes away with 22 points in the loss.
    Misses? ugh!!!

Rivals interview of Anton at Hoophall West: Hoophall West: Gonzaga bound four-star Anton Watson
    Eric Bossi • BasketballRecruiting.Rivals.com
    @ebosshoops