Results 2,026 to 2,050 of 2320

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Star Tribune Sports
    @StribSports
    ·
    2h
    Minnehaha Academy's
    @JalenSuggs2020
    receives 2020 McDonald Award from state basketball coaches' association. http://bit.ly/2vA7xiY #mshsl

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Right on all counts. Plus pop had that little, um, issue...He was especially pathetic when he actually served as his son's personal coach (not a staff member) during games while Cole was in his last prep year. Pretty sure Molloy would not allow that, maybe why he left a school that is truly PG HS....

https://nypost.com/2015/01/27/dress-...rcover-hooker/

Jazz didn't keep up with him after he left UNLV but that 1990 team was GREAT...don't remember to whom they lost during the season but they dominated the tournament totally embarrassed DUKE...I was a really BIG Duke fan and couldn't believe how they were abused by UNLV...

A tidbit many may not know...Hunt had a T-shirt business and was making pretty good money and after that season, the NCAA passed another of its rules and banned D1 athletes from owning a businesses...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Jazz didn't keep up with him after he left UNLV but that 1990 team was GREAT...don't remember to whom they lost during the season but they dominated the tournament totally embarrassed DUKE...I was a really BIG Duke fan and couldn't believe how they were abused by UNLV...

A tidbit many may not know...Hunt had a T-shirt business and was making pretty good money and after that season, the NCAA passed another of its rules and banned D1 athletes from owning a businesses...
    Right. Greg was a terrific player/leader. We’re talking about his involvement in son’s game. Greg isn’t an incubus, just an overbearing dad whose antics may have ######ed his son’s development, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Right. Greg was a terrific player/leader. We’re talking about his involvement in son’s game. Greg isn’t an incubus, just an overbearing dad whose antics may have ######ed his son’s development, IMO.
    Sorry, didn't mean to take the thread off topic...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    Sorry, didn't mean to take the thread off topic...
    This thread has never ventured off topic.

Suggs is going

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Suggs is going
    To Gonzaga? To play pro? To Mcdonalds drive through?

Suggs is going
    ... to GU?
    ... to be a great addition?
    ... to be a delight to watch wherever he goes, and for however long he does it?
    ... to laugh out loud when he reads this thread, with it's incessant meandering over countless non-Suggs topics??
    SLOZag
    "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Suggs is going
    What the heck does this mean?
    “When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes.”

~ Desiderius Erasmus

Quote Originally Posted by Radbooks View Post
    What the heck does this mean?
    Gotta mean PRO

He's going instead of coming?

Well with no work I’ve been hitting refresh about every 3-5 minutes on this thread hoping for Caldwell to respond. Hasn’t worked yet but can’t stop trying.

Quote Originally Posted by tenniszag View Post
    Well with no work I’ve been hitting refresh about every 3-5 minutes on this thread hoping for Caldwell to respond. Hasn’t worked yet but can’t stop trying.
    Literally doing the exact same thing

Literally doing the same thing myself

Quote Originally Posted by JIMMYMACINCDA View Post
    Literally doing the same thing myself
    I am as well. #workingfromhome
    If at first you don't succeed, try to solve the situation with a spud gun. ~Dwight Schrute~

Caldwell is either messing with us, and wants to see how quickly the negative nellie's jump back in with their conclusions of doom and gloom...only to respond with something basic like "GU" or where Jalen is going for lunch today.

Or, he just can't bear to type out the final decision that he promised would never occur, throughout this thread.

I'm thinking it is the former.

Suggs is going
    Whoa Caldwell. What a cliffhanger!
    Don’t leave us hanging too long.

This thread is doomed!

So I literally meant to leave you all hanging for about an hour then I got distracted for awhile.

In the wake of COVID-19 and seeing how something can turn into a pandemic within hours I thought I would leave you all with a little COVID-19 gift. I am really waiting for Jazz to respond to let you know more about that message, but it looks like I have halted some at home work for a few of you.

Jalen Suggs is going to be a Zag. SLOZag hit it on the head from the start with his response. Every time I log into this thread it's either Suggs is going pro or off topic, aka Cole Anthony.

Since Suggs will be a Zag, it is now my turn as a moderator to say, can we please stay on topic in our longest recruiting thread ever!!

So I literally meant to leave you all hanging for about an hour then I got distracted for awhile.

In the wake of COVID-19 and seeing how something can turn into a pandemic within hours I thought I would leave you all with a little COVID-19 gift. I am really waiting for Jazz to respond to let you know more about that message, but it looks like I have halted some at home work for a few of you.

Jalen Suggs is going to be a Zag. SLOZag hit it on the head from the start with his response. Every time I log into this thread it's either Suggs is going pro or off topic, aka Cole Anthony.

Since Suggs will be a Zag, it is now my turn as a moderator to say, can we please stay on topic in our longest recruiting thread ever!!
    Hmmm. Mission accomplished...I guess.

I'll say this. This thread wouldn't still be active if Suggs hadn't left the door open to possibilities besides Gonzaga.

52!

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    Hmmm. Mission accomplished...I guess.

I'll say this. This thread wouldn't still be active if Suggs hadn't left the door open to possibilities besides Gonzaga.
    I would agree to an extent. This thread should be talking about all of Mr. Suggs accolades and how he is the highest rated recruit to every come to GU. I think his post on Instagram should have shown people where his intentions are at.

All that and the fact I am at home for the next few weeks, just wanted to have a little fun

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    52!
    52 factorial?

https://czep.net/weblog/52cards.html

I would agree to an extent. This thread should be talking about all of Mr. Suggs accolades and how he is the highest rated recruit to every come to GU. I think his post on Instagram should have shown people where his intentions are at.

All that and the fact I am at home for the next few weeks, just wanted to have a little fun
    I can understand the desire to have a little fun, but not the best idea to cause me to have shortness of breath and near heart attack considering the time we are in - gotta keep those hospital resources open for the Covid patients

But I read somewhere (twitter probably, so could be wrong) that Jalen was the first MN athlete to be named mr football and mr basketball in the same year. I know I’m probably overhyping him and Ballo, but add them and the new faces to our core and I can’t wait for next season. Imagining Kispert dedicating the Title to his brothers who were robbed this year - also hoping to hear announcers saying “stop the fight. by gawd Gonzaga has broken [insert team] in half” in a WWE jim Ross voice.

I’m pretty much in solitary confinement most the day, so I gotta entertain myself somehow....