Page 81 of 93 FirstFirst ... 317177787980818283848591 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,025 of 2320

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

I just want to put it this way, as I think I have a little bit of first hand knowledge of this entire recruitment and Suggs to GU thing. Few would not go on the record of saying how special next years team is if he was not completely confident that Suggs was running the show. There is a reason that Dicky V talked about it so much and that is because Few himself told Dicky V how special the team will be and how special Suggs will be at GU.

For like the millionth time Suggs to GU is going to happen. The noise of overseas is not coming from the Suggs family, it is coming from those around him. Yes the family mentioned that as an option, but that ship has sailed. Everyone take sometime to enjoy this years ride, as it is going to be special as well, but please trust me that next year is going to be one of a kind, as Jalen Suggs will be leading the Zags as potentially the number 1 team in the country and potentially undefeated all the way to April.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I just want to put it this way, as I think I have a little bit of first hand knowledge of this entire recruitment and Suggs to GU thing. Few would not go on the record of saying how special next years team is if he was not completely confident that Suggs was running the show. There is a reason that Dicky V talked about it so much and that is because Few himself told Dicky V how special the team will be and how special Suggs will be at GU.

For like the millionth time Suggs to GU is going to happen. The noise of overseas is not coming from the Suggs family, it is coming from those around him. Yes the family mentioned that as an option, but that ship has sailed. Everyone take sometime to enjoy this years ride, as it is going to be special as well, but please trust me that next year is going to be one of a kind, as Jalen Suggs will be leading the Zags as potentially the number 1 team in the country and potentially undefeated all the way to April.
    Mmmmm, just inject this whole post in my veins. To think that the #2 team in the NCAA is about to make a massive leap forward is bonkers.

Lol, I expect some to continue talking about him leaving school early to go pro even as he is playing games for the Zags...

Theres probably zero chance Suggs considers playing professionally outside of the country now. Little silver lining i guess.

Quote Originally Posted by MNZAGFAN99 View Post
    Theres probably zero chance Suggs considers playing professionally outside of the country now. Little silver lining i guess.
    I was thinking the same thing yesterday. I wonder if you will see less guys going overseas period.

On the flipside this may also impact international recruiting.

Quote Originally Posted by MNZAGFAN99 View Post
    None IMO. This issue will be resolved by summer
    Basketball...The Toy Department of Life

Don't mess wth happy...Coach Few

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopaholic View Post
    None IMO. This issue will be resolved by summer
    Hoop, Seems you're pretty optimistic and hope you are right but feel is will get worse and not sure if/when people will be out of danger.

On Suggs Instagram account -- Message to Zagnation

jsuggs23 Wow, all I can say is wow. I have been extremely grateful to have played 5 amazing years of varsity basketball. Although this seems harsh now, the safety and health of people has to be top priority. On to the next chapter now, Zag nation I hope you’re ready, I got unfinished business to take care of. Stay safe, stay healthy. 1... signing out.☝��

https://www.instagram.com/p/B9rsu2-gYWL/

jsuggs23's profile picture
    jsuggs23
    Verified
    Wow, all I can say is wow. I have been extremely grateful to have played 5 amazing years of varsity basketball. Although this seems harsh now, the safety and health of people has to be top priority. On to the next chapter now, Zag nation I hope you’re ready, I got unfinished business to take care of. Stay safe, stay healthy. 1... signing out.☝

So you say there's a chance?
    This post is for March Madness seeding purposes only.

Quote Originally Posted by strikenowhere View Post
    On the flipside this may also impact international recruiting.
    Good thing we're in with the top US kids at this point. It's been a long climb to get to this level, but we're here. Just got Jalen Suggs, and the other blue chippers that are coming here and seriously considering coming here are guys that we wouldn't dare to dream about ten, five, even two years ago.

So maybe the internationals get a backseat next year, but we will be more than fine and we'll be cornering that market again.
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    Good thing we're in with the top US kids at this point. It's been a long climb to get to this level, but we're here. Just got Jalen Suggs, and the other blue chippers that are coming here and seriously considering coming here are guys that we wouldn't dare to dream about ten, five, even two years ago.

So maybe the internationals get a backseat next year, but we will be more than fine and we'll be cornering that market again.
    Understand, but the only caveat is that the internationals have almost always brought with them the team-first mentality that, with some exceptions, is not that common in AAU ball.......

The culture of GU ball is one thing that sets it apart from most of the P5 schools, just look at Washington's demise this year.

Quote Originally Posted by OZZY View Post
    Understand, but the only caveat is that the internationals have almost always brought with them the team-first mentality that, with some exceptions, is not that common in AAU ball.......

The culture of GU ball is one thing that sets it apart from most of the P5 schools, just look at Washington's demise this year.
    Great point.
    Hoping you have a sense of humor too!

David Sisk
    @CoachDavidSisk
    ·
    1h
    There is no doubt Jalen Suggs is a stud. He has the hardware to prove it. Back to back Minnesota Player of the Year Awards.
    @JalenSuggs2020

@grassrootshoops

I'm also looking at North Carolina this year. Cole Anthony will probably be a better pro than as a collegiate player. Too much hero ball for me, way too many turnovers, mostly of the freshman type.

Star Tribune Sports
    @StribSports
    · 1h
    Minnehaha Academy's Jalen Suggs is the Metro Player of the Year in boys' basketball http://bit.ly/2Ub3m5n

Any chance that Holmgren re-classes and comes next year with his buddy Suggs ?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasZagFan View Post
    I'm also looking at North Carolina this year. Cole Anthony will probably be a better pro than as a collegiate player. Too much hero ball for me, way too many turnovers, mostly of the freshman type.
    As long as he detaches from his stage pop.

I didn't like his pop when he played, didn't like him as an announcer and didn't like him after he got fired and still don't like him. I asls thought his son was one of the most over rated mc Donald's all americans in some time.

Excellent point. Zion was the biggest thing in college basketball, maybe ever for a single season, and he was a team-first player. And from what I have seen, Suggs and Banchero look like they are unselfish players. Even though Suggs has put most of our fan base in heart attack mode with his flirtation with going pro right away, on the court he is absolutely a team-first player and I don't see that changing. And I am hoping our other recruits would also buy into the Zag culture. Admittedly I don't follow the recruits as much as the coaches or some of us on this forum so I really don't know theses guys. The comforting part about that is I think our coaches can for the most part weed out the prima donnas.

And like you said, there are exceptions on both sides of the equation. I think in the wrong environment, Petrusev could devolve into a team cancer. But the coaches and perhaps more importantly his teammates keep him on the right path.

We're entering uncharted waters for GU with this sudden influx of 5 stars coming on the team. I do have your concerns about keeping the Zag culture, but I think we can.

Go Zags!
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    I didn't like his pop when he played, didn't like him as an announcer and didn't like him after he got fired and still don't like him. I asls thought his son was one of the most over rated mc Donald's all americans in some time.
    Right on all counts. Plus pop had that little, um, issue...He was especially pathetic when he actually served as his son's personal coach (not a staff member) during games while Cole was in his last prep year. Pretty sure Molloy would not allow that, maybe why he left a school that is truly PG HS....

https://nypost.com/2015/01/27/dress-...rcover-hooker/