Page 8 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121858 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 2320

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

  1. #176
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Posts
    4,050

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Love when you talk dirty, Caldy.
    +1

  2. #177
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cggonzaga View Post
    +1
    Could you talk dirty about Strawther as well? Wait, that came out wrong.

  3. #178
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    565

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by EEzag View Post
    Could you talk dirty about Strawther as well? Wait, that came out wrong.

  4. #179
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Love when you talk dirty, Caldy.
    Lol thanks Jazz!

  5. #180
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,534

    Default

    This was just posted in Kentucky's Suggs thread:

    I am a coach in the Twin Cities, have cordial relationship with family while one of my good friends is very close with family and he's going to be 18 this Spring/Summer. He's dabbled with idea, but he's also very close with HS teammates. He's really wanting to get offers from UK, Duke, and UNC. Those are ones he's been waiting on. He's got a can't lose situation with everyone coveting him in both sports, and has a decision to make, but I'd place heavy bet he's going to end up a basketball player. If he gets offered/recruited hard by the schools above, things will change in a hurry with his recruitment--where he's leaning.


    https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...morrow.289779/

  6. #181
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    This was just posted in Kentucky's Suggs thread:

    I am a coach in the Twin Cities, have cordial relationship with family while one of my good friends is very close with family and he's going to be 18 this Spring/Summer. He's dabbled with idea, but he's also very close with HS teammates. He's really wanting to get offers from UK, Duke, and UNC. Those are ones he's been waiting on. He's got a can't lose situation with everyone coveting him in both sports, and has a decision to make, but I'd place heavy bet he's going to end up a basketball player. If he gets offered/recruited hard by the schools above, things will change in a hurry with his recruitment--where he's leaning.


    https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...morrow.289779/
    Not saying this guy does not know, but I know that if it was up to Suggs' parents he may have already committed to GU. They love it here!

  7. #182
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Not saying this guy does not know, but I know that if it was up to Suggs' parents he may have already committed to GU. They love it here!
    So did Brandon Williams parents though.

  8. #183
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Spokane Valley
    Posts
    8,649

    Default

    You know the parents know best......and now I bet Brandon is wishing he would have listened to his parents.

  9. #184
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    17,250 miles East of Spokane
    Posts
    17,980

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Not saying this guy does not know, but I know that if it was up to Suggs' parents he may have already committed to GU. They love it here!
    First off, I hope this kid decides on Gonzaga because I think he’s a sure fire stud. But if he doesn’t, best of luck to him and let’s move on.

    Secondly, sometimes the parents don’t know. A while back a certain basketball player from Montana verbaled to Gonzaga. He was also a very talented football player. This kid had played on AAU teams with friends of mine since he was very young. I was told by my friends that said player had decided to play QB in college instead. I contacted a moderator on this board with the info. He responded back to me that he (or someone at Gonzaga) had reached out to the parents and he was still very committed to playing basketball at Gonzaga. He didn’t.

  10. #185
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 23dpg View Post
    First off, I hope this kid decides on Gonzaga because I think he’s a sure fire stud. But if he doesn’t, best of luck to him and let’s move on.

    Secondly, sometimes the parents don’t know. A while back a certain basketball player from Montana verbaled to Gonzaga. He was also a very talented football player. This kid had played on AAU teams with friends of mine since he was very young. I was told by my friends that said player had decided to play QB in college instead. I contacted a moderator on this board with the info. He responded back to me that he (or someone at Gonzaga) had reached out to the parents and he was still very committed to playing basketball at Gonzaga. He didn’t.
    Osweiler Spent some time in the NFL with the Broncos, so he is set for life. But we will never know what kind of player he would’ve been had he chosen the Zags.

  11. #186
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    16,063

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Osweiler Spent some time in the NFL with the Broncos, so he is set for life. But we will never know what kind of player he would’ve been had he chosen the Zags.
    He was Houston's starting QB for a year and could well be Miami's starting QB if Tannehill is traded, of which there have been rumors. He is doing OK.
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

    ________________________________



    Foo Time

  12. #187
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    9,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    So did Brandon Williams parents though.
    Yes but spy let’s not get carried away on this one. For every bad comparison there’s always a good one too ...Kevin Pangos’ parents loved GU and knew he’d commit here before Kevin did.

    Some people care about having a long standing family at GU and winning, others like to try winning on their own, and some wanna go to blue blood schools and try to win that way.

    Either way is fine by me. As much as I wish a kid would choose Gonzaga, kids do what they think is best for them. Some take advice from coaches, parents other former players of a school, some don’t. It’s all fine.

    Don’t hate too much, kid that didn’t choose us may be a kid like Wiltjer and come back later

    And if not, that’s fine too

    Go zags
    Qualified for 21 Straight Big Dances

    11 Straight Round of 32s

    10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

    4 Elite Eights

    2017 FINAL FOUR

    2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

    The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

  13. #188
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    So did Brandon Williams parents though.
    You are correct, but Brandon's dream school was U of A... Suggs from what I have heard does not have a dream school and GU hit it out of the park on the visit from what I was told by multiple people in the know.

  14. #189

    Default

    @DWolfsonKSTP
    Gonzaga coach Mark Few could be making two trips to town in the next few weeks. One is locked in for later this week after the WCC Tourney. He'll be in Friday to see Minnehaha Acad. junior Jalen Suggs. Suggs had a solid visit to Gonzaga last month.

    https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...04657062473729

  15. #190
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    9,534

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockandRollJames View Post
    @DWolfsonKSTP
    Gonzaga coach Mark Few could be making two trips to town in the next few weeks. One is locked in for later this week after the WCC Tourney. He'll be in Friday to see Minnehaha Acad. junior Jalen Suggs. Suggs had a solid visit to Gonzaga last month.

    https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...04657062473729
    Nice, lock up that commitment! And I love how the Minneapolis press alludes to the fact that we will be in the final four. Love the national attention.

  16. #191
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockandRollJames View Post
    @DWolfsonKSTP
    Gonzaga coach Mark Few could be making two trips to town in the next few weeks. One is locked in for later this week after the WCC Tourney. He'll be in Friday to see Minnehaha Acad. junior Jalen Suggs. Suggs had a solid visit to Gonzaga last month.

    https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...04657062473729
    Suggs hinted on Instagram this weekend about naming a Top 3. Would not be shocked if this visit brings some good news.

  17. #192
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Suggs hinted on Instagram this weekend about naming a Top 3. Would not be shocked if this visit brings some good news.
    Suggs did a Q&A in an Instagram story. He was asked "top three choices for college". He replied "when the times right I’ll let that be known".
    Parlez-vous français?

  18. #193
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    Suggs did a Q&A in an Instagram story. He was asked "top three choices for college". He replied "when the times right I’ll let that be known".
    That's correct. I didn't have the sound on just saw the picture and from what I have been hearing there is reason to believe a Top 3/5/10 whatever the number is will be coming or maybe even better...

  19. #194
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    That's correct. I didn't have the sound on just saw the picture and from what I have been hearing there is reason to believe a Top 3/5/10 whatever the number is will be coming or maybe even better...
    There was no audio which is normal for Instagram Q&As so you didn’t miss anything.
    Parlez-vous français?

  20. #195
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,085

    Default

    Coach Few heading to MN soon after the WCC tourney: https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...04657062473729

  21. #196
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Mantua View Post
    There was no audio which is normal for Instagram Q&As so you didn’t miss anything.
    Lol well I am not IG savvy trying to get more

  22. #197
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zag Country
    Posts
    3,363

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Lol well I am not IG savvy trying to get more
    Lol I’m learning s l o w l y .
    Parlez-vous français?

  23. #198

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    Yes but spy let’s not get carried away on this one. For every bad comparison there’s always a good one too ...Kevin Pangos’ parents loved GU and knew he’d commit here before Kevin did.
    but as far as i know, pangos didn't have any bluebloods knocking on his door...makes a big difference. michigan was the competition and when trey burke signed on, pangos was a zag...probably would've came anyways, but that sealed the deal.

  24. #199
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,923

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by RockandRollJames View Post
    @DWolfsonKSTP
    Gonzaga coach Mark Few could be making two trips to town in the next few weeks. One is locked in for later this week after the WCC Tourney. He'll be in Friday to see Minnehaha Acad. junior Jalen Suggs. Suggs had a solid visit to Gonzaga last month.

    https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...04657062473729
    Just FYI the trip is still on. Few and Co are heading out to see Jalen tomorrow. Big weekend for us with him.

  25. #200
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Laguna
    Posts
    7,267

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Just FYI the trip is still on. Few and Co are heading out to see Jalen tomorrow. Big weekend for us with him.
    exciting

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •