Page 5 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    What is our plan for a PG with this group? By committee? Ravet?

Just genuinely curious, in the scenario that Gonzaga does sign all these players.
    Suggs is the one who will run the show. Harris will play the 2 and Strawther is a 2/3. We have an abundance of riches if all 2019 comes back and 2020 is that group.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Suggs is the one who will run the show. Harris will play the 2 and Strawther is a 2/3. We have an abundance of riches if all 2019 comes back and 2020 is that group.
    Got it. Thanks!

Is Suggs a QB in football?

Got it. Thanks!

Is Suggs a QB in football?
    Yes he is and that would be the biggest reason he does not end up at GU.

Quote Originally Posted by kitzbuel View Post
    The pitch there is that those guys probably don't go to the NBA without the development they got at GU.

If the staff can get them into the NBA, they can help improve his draft status as well.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Larry Bird opinion on drafting players...might be a good quote for work out room

Well the kids are so young now. I mean, there's a lot of kids that come out that have great talent, but they're so young you don’t know how they're going to mature of the years and I think it's really just a guess. You know they have the talent, you know they have the fundamentals, it's just about whether they're going to get better and better. That's probably been the hardest thing. We like to take guys that have had a lot of college experience and that had good coaching, and been good kids along the way, but you just never know until you've had then for a couple years because you never know how they're going to turn out.
    Read more at http://www.notable-quotes.com/b/bird...RyQImqRzkTU.99

Yes he is and that would be the biggest reason he does not end up at GU.
    My notion, likely not supported by any data at all, is that QB's make great PG's! That said, I hope he drops football. Like in, commits to Gonzaga and decides not to play his senior year of hs football.

My notion, likely not supported by any data at all, is that QB's make great PG's! That said, I hope he drops football. Like in, commits to Gonzaga and decides not to play his senior year of hs football.
    He's the 11th ranked qb in 2020 and the 11th ranked overall basketball player in 2020 and would be our highest recruit ever. Either way, he's a stud athlete.

Quote Originally Posted by northsidezagfan View Post
    How'd you find this video, it only has 9 views and is 2 days old. This kid is 1 and done good.

Wow.
    My posts indicate that I don't seem to follow college basketball all that closely.

He has the look of a leader as well, ala Nigel. That is precious.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

He loves feeding his bigs!
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Oh my God! I am NEVER impressed by highlight videos because they all tend to be a montage of three point shots. But this one shows off his court vision and passing ability and it is incredible. Salivating for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    He has the look of a leader as well, ala Nigel. That is precious.
    Exactly what I thought when watching him play...let's hope someone can convince him that there is more "life" longevity in Bball that FB...almost no knee injuries, fingers remain intact, little or no chance of concussions (TBI) and you get to play with a "family of friends"

He's a PG!!

Lets hope Suggs doesn’t go route of another Zag recruit ...end up at ASU playing football.

Here's a single-game highlight vid from December. Love his passing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJHHIp-VQE0

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Here's a single-game highlight vid from December. Love his passing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJHHIp-VQE0
    I want this kid! The way he changes speeds, the angles he attacks is incredible. Oh yeah and his court vision is on another level.
    America's Team!

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    I want this kid! The way he changes speeds, the angles he attacks is incredible. Oh yeah and his court vision is on another level.
    He would be the best recruit that we've ever landed. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    He would be the best recruit that we've ever landed. Ever.
    There wasn’t much footage on defense but I saw him block out once. He’s amazing.
    Parlez-vous français?

Suggs would be the highest rated recruit ever to land at GU and is a flat stud. He put on a show in from of Few and Tommy. Big weekend for visits with him and Strawther coming to town!

Suggs would be the highest rated recruit ever to land at GU and is a flat stud. He put on a show in from of Few and Tommy. Big weekend for visits with him and Strawther coming to town!
    Still worried that he's gonna choose football. Plus if Ohio State lets him play both...ugh.

Harris......Suggs.......Strawther......all guards and wings who have nice length. Love it. Also love how Suggs and Strawther are visiting together for a game against GU's chief conference rival. The Kennel Club better be rocking!

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    Still worried that he's gonna choose football. Plus if Ohio State lets him play both...ugh.
    That picture he tweeted made it pretty clear to me that he is choosing basketball.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxOpHuKW...pg&name=medium

Quote Originally Posted by CDC84 View Post
    Harris......Suggs.......Strawther......all guards and wings who have nice length. Love it. Also love how Suggs and Strawther are visiting together for a game against GU's chief conference rival. The Kennel Club better be rocking!
    Yeah man, very exciting. Plus isn't Dominic and his dad coming up to? Few bringing in the closers. lol

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    That picture he tweeted made it pretty clear to me that he is choosing basketball.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DxOpHuKW...pg&name=medium
    How? He has a picture of him in both uni's, plus many of the school logos are recruiting him for football, i.e. Ohio State.