Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst 123456781454 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

It's during the USF game; crowd should be rowdy. Hopefully the students will chant, "We want Jalen" clap clap clapclapclap

Jalen Suggs will be visiting GU the same days Julian Strawther visits on Feb.

A massive recruiting weekend for Few & Co.
    The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Is Julian Strawther also coming that weekend? Thx

Suggs is regarded as the the No. 2 combination guard and the No. 11 overall prospect in the 247Sports Composite Rankings.
    Pair Dominic Harris w Jalen Suggs? Yes, please!!!

No offense to Pargo or Raivio, but these are the Zag backcourt tandems I’d like to add Harris/Suggs to:
    Santangelo/ Frahm
    Dickau/Stepp
    Pangos/Bell
    Perkins/Melson
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

Quote Originally Posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    It's during the USF game; crowd should be rowdy. Hopefully the students will chant, "We want Jalen" clap clap clapclapclap
    SMC.

Quote Originally Posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
    Pair Dominic Harris w Jalen Suggs? Yes, please!!!

No offense to Pargo or Raivio, but these are the Zag backcourt tandems I’d like to add Harris/Suggs to:
    Santangelo/ Frahm
    Dickau/Stepp
    Pangos/Bell
    Perkins/Melson
    + Julian Strawther = Best Ever Class

This guy is a really good basketball player, right?
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    That's not super impressive if you're competing against the Duke, UNC, Kansas, or Kentucky types for a recruit. They have many many more pictures on their NBA walls of fame.
    The pitch there is that those guys probably don't go to the NBA without the development they got at GU.

If the staff can get them into the NBA, they can help improve his draft status as well.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

If you want to be happy tomorrow, think good thoughts today--Bud Fisher

Can't be an "official" until his senior year.
    I'm pretty sure strawther is coming the same weekend on an official and he's also a junior.

Awesome news...Strawther & Suggs would be great additions to the Zags. I live in Minnesota & have seen Suggs play numerous times and he would be a great fit for Gonzaga!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I'm pretty sure strawther is coming the same weekend on an official and he's also a junior.
    yeah, spy is wrong. it can be (and is) an official visit.

original tweet
    clarification

and:
    Quote Originally Posted by https://www.ncsasports.org/ncaa-eligibility-center/recruiting-rules/official-visits
    For D1 men's basketball, recruits can begin taking official visits starting January 1 of their junior year of high school...

We play BYU tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post

original tweet
    clarification

and:
    That's what I thought. Can't sign letter of intent until senior year, but can visit and verbally commit. I think it's a good sign he's visiting, and hopefully it means he's leaning towards basketball only and not football also.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    SMC.
    you're right. my bad

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post

original tweet
    clarification

and:
    I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up.

I stand corrected. Thanks for clearing that up.
    np, duder.

Quote Originally Posted by BobZag View Post
    + Julian Strawther = Best Ever Class
    So possible 2020 class of Dominic Harris, Jalen Suggs, Julian Strawther and Oumar Bhallo
    +
    2019 class of Brock Ravet, Anton Watson, Drew Timme, Pavel Zhakarov, Martynas Arlauskas

Dawning of the Golden Age of Gonzaga hoops: elite U.S. talent w elite international talent. Besides the great hoops team this recruiting would yield, I think about what a great experience for these young men to learn about and befriend peers from such different cultures and backgrounds.
    It is their time....their team...I just get to watch. - Bartruff1

So possible 2020 class of Dominic Harris, Jalen Suggs, Julian Strawther and Oumar Bhallo
    +
    2019 class of Brock Ravet, Anton Watson, Drew Timme, Pavel Zhakarov, Martynas Arlauskas

Dawning of the Golden Age of Gonzaga hoops: elite U.S. talent w elite international talent. Besides the great hoops team this recruiting would yield, I think about what a great experience for these young men to learn about and befriend peers from such different cultures and backgrounds.
    Man, that 2020 class would be our best ever and possibly top three or four in the nation!

Josh Linke

@zagaholicpod
    Following Following @zagaholicpod
    More
    What would it take to get @DominickHarri2 on campus for February 8-10 with Strawther and Suggs? ���� #ZagUp

Shawn Harris,EdD Candidate and 2 others liked Dominick Harris liked

Dominick Harris

@DominickHarri2
    13h13 hours ago
    More Dominick Harris Retweeted Josh Linke
    �� (Watching this post)

Wow I was off the grid yesterday and had heard rumblings that Suggs was going to visit soon, but did not hear it would be the same weekend as Strawther. What a massive day for Gonzaga!! I would not be shocked if both committed shortly after this from what I have been hearing. Both love Gonzaga and pair them with Harris and the 2019 class all I can say is WOW!!

Suggs and Geno are both from Minneapolis. Gotta think that Geno will speak to Jalen.

Suggs and Geno are both from Minneapolis. Gotta think that Geno will speak to Jalen.
    I am sure they will have Geno talk to him. I think the fact that him and Strawther are here the same week speaks volumes to were we are in both their recruitment. I would not leave it out of the question to see Harris show up the same weekend too.

+

What is our plan for a PG with this group? By committee? Ravet?

Just genuinely curious, in the scenario that Gonzaga does sign all these players.

Quote Originally Posted by former1dog View Post
    What is our plan for a PG with this group? By committee? Ravet?

Just genuinely curious, in the scenario that Gonzaga does sign all these players.
    I suspect Suggs would be the leading candidate as the primary guard but a sophmore Ravet & Harris would share in some of the duties.

But man if everyone from 2019 returns and they add a Harris/Suggs/Strawther/Ballo class in '20, that would probably be the most raw talent in GU program history.