X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Worthington
    Bleeds GU Blue
    • Aug 2011

Is there a chance that Suggs is being recruited for 2019? Seems like he could be good enough to start from day one.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
      Banned
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Worthington View Post
      Is there a chance that Suggs is being recruited for 2019? Seems like he could be good enough to start from day one.
      He's an sg/sf. I think Harvey is the pg that they're trying to get to reclassify as a 2019.

Comment

• BobZag
        Dark Lord of the Zag
        • Jan 2007

Not sure if Harvey will reclassify, but a future backcourt of Harris, Suggs/Harvey and Strawther (add in Ravet) could equal the Nigel, Perkins and Melson/Matthews backcourt. In other words - dreamy.
        The Kennel: "You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy."

Comment

• Worthington
          Bleeds GU Blue
          • Aug 2011

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
          He's an sg/sf. I think Harvey is the pg that they're trying to get to reclassify as a 2019.
          He seems to be listed as a point guard on all the recruiting websites. You think he's more of a wing though?

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
            Banned
            • Feb 2007

He seems to be listed as a point guard on all the recruiting websites. You think he's more of a wing though?
            I think I was confusing him with Strawther.

Comment

• caldwellzag
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2018

He is a CG/PG and I do not see him reclassifying as of now. Harvey is the one they are pushing to reclassify, but there are still some hurdles there.

Comment

• OCzag
                Bulldog Fan
                • Mar 2018

Twitter Update

My apologies I'm not quite sure how to properly copy twitter posts. This comes from the site/twitter for what looks like what most the recruits use to make/edit photos of themselves when they announce their final schools, so i'm not sure how solid of a source it is.. but still could be promising:

TIPTON EDITS 🏀

@TiptonEdits
                15h15 hours ago
                More TIPTON EDITS 🏀 Retweeted TIPTON EDITS 🏀
                “I’m on the phone with Coach Michaelson (Gonzaga) nearly every other day.”

@TiptonEdits
                Follow Follow @TiptonEdits
                More
                2020 five-star Jalen Suggs tells @TiptonEdits that Gonzaga and Iowa are currently recruiting him the hardest.

@JalenSuggs2020

7:39 PM - 6 Jan 2019

Comment

• Zagceo
                  Zag for Life
                  • Nov 2013

reading a tweet that says Coach is on the phone with a recruit every other day seems excessive imo. Would think some rule would prevent...imagine 10 coaches after top recruit..kid be on phone all day

just thinking out loud

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                    Banned
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post
                    reading a tweet that says Coach is on the phone with a recruit every other day seems excessive imo. Would think some rule would prevent...imagine 10 coaches after top recruit..kid be on phone all day

just thinking out loud
                    He does actually have the choice to answer the calls. LOL

Comment

• caldwellzag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Zagceo View Post

just thinking out loud
                      I think if you talk to Mr. Timme he would say Mick's phone calls were a big reason he is coming to GU. Recruits get hammered with calls (not saying it's right), but like Spy said they have the choice to answer them and if Suggs is picking up Mick's calls he is interested.

Comment

• Bogozags
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2008

Y'all, when you say "they" are trying to get "him" to reclassify...who is "they?" Is it our coaches, his HS Coach, his parents...

Thanks!

Comment

• caldwellzag
                          Zag for Life
                          • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
                          Y'all, when you say "they" are trying to get "him" to reclassify...who is "they?" Is it our coaches, his HS Coach, his parents...

Thanks!
                          I do not see Suggs reclassifying, Harvey maybe. When I say that it is usually a combination, our coaches want them to and it is something they are interested in as well. Reclassifying can be tricky, so there are a lot of moving parts when a player thinks about reclassifying.

Comment

• BobZag
                            Dark Lord of the Zag
                            • Jan 2007

It would HUGE for GU to nab Suggs. Huge. He has a lot of Nigel in him.

Comment

• Bogozags
                              Zag for Life
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
                              I do not see Suggs reclassifying, Harvey maybe. When I say that it is usually a combination, our coaches want them to and it is something they are interested in as well. Reclassifying can be tricky, so there are a lot of moving parts when a player thinks about reclassifying.
                              Thank you for explaining...

Comment

• BobZag
                                Dark Lord of the Zag
                                • Jan 2007

Suggs + Harris = Outstanding Zag backcourt.

I just hope he doesn't feel like he has to go to a football school.

Comment

Working...
                                X