• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • caldwellzag
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2018

Originally posted by thespywhozaggedme View Post
    This was just posted in Kentucky's Suggs thread:

I am a coach in the Twin Cities, have cordial relationship with family while one of my good friends is very close with family and he's going to be 18 this Spring/Summer. He's dabbled with idea, but he's also very close with HS teammates. He's really wanting to get offers from UK, Duke, and UNC. Those are ones he's been waiting on. He's got a can't lose situation with everyone coveting him in both sports, and has a decision to make, but I'd place heavy bet he's going to end up a basketball player. If he gets offered/recruited hard by the schools above, things will change in a hurry with his recruitment--where he's leaning.

https://kentucky.forums.rivals.com/t...morrow.289779/
    Not saying this guy does not know, but I know that if it was up to Suggs' parents he may have already committed to GU. They love it here!

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
      Banned
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
      Not saying this guy does not know, but I know that if it was up to Suggs' parents he may have already committed to GU. They love it here!
      So did Brandon Williams parents though.

Comment

• Zagdawg
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

You know the parents know best......and now I bet Brandon is wishing he would have listened to his parents.

Comment

• 23dpg
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

First off, I hope this kid decides on Gonzaga because I think he’s a sure fire stud. But if he doesn’t, best of luck to him and let’s move on.

Secondly, sometimes the parents don’t know. A while back a certain basketball player from Montana verbaled to Gonzaga. He was also a very talented football player. This kid had played on AAU teams with friends of mine since he was very young. I was told by my friends that said player had decided to play QB in college instead. I contacted a moderator on this board with the info. He responded back to me that he (or someone at Gonzaga) had reached out to the parents and he was still very committed to playing basketball at Gonzaga. He didn’t.
          Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
            Banned
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
            First off, I hope this kid decides on Gonzaga because I think he’s a sure fire stud. But if he doesn’t, best of luck to him and let’s move on.

Secondly, sometimes the parents don’t know. A while back a certain basketball player from Montana verbaled to Gonzaga. He was also a very talented football player. This kid had played on AAU teams with friends of mine since he was very young. I was told by my friends that said player had decided to play QB in college instead. I contacted a moderator on this board with the info. He responded back to me that he (or someone at Gonzaga) had reached out to the parents and he was still very committed to playing basketball at Gonzaga. He didn’t.
            Osweiler Spent some time in the NFL with the Broncos, so he is set for life. But we will never know what kind of player he would’ve been had he chosen the Zags.

Comment

• kitzbuel
              • Feb 2007

Osweiler Spent some time in the NFL with the Broncos, so he is set for life. But we will never know what kind of player he would’ve been had he chosen the Zags.
              He was Houston's starting QB for a year and could well be Miami's starting QB if Tannehill is traded, of which there have been rumors. He is doing OK.
              'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
              - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• gonzagafan62
                Zag for Life
                • Nov 2013

Yes but spy let’s not get carried away on this one. For every bad comparison there’s always a good one too ...Kevin Pangos’ parents loved GU and knew he’d commit here before Kevin did.

Some people care about having a long standing family at GU and winning, others like to try winning on their own, and some wanna go to blue blood schools and try to win that way.

Either way is fine by me. As much as I wish a kid would choose Gonzaga, kids do what they think is best for them. Some take advice from coaches, parents other former players of a school, some don’t. It’s all fine.

Don’t hate too much, kid that didn’t choose us may be a kid like Wiltjer and come back later

And if not, that’s fine too

Go zags
                Qualified for 26 Straight Big Dances

15 Straight Round of 32s

14 Sweet Sixteens (9 Straight)

6 Elite Eights

2017 AND 2021 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

2021 Undefeated Regular Season

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2018

You are correct, but Brandon's dream school was U of A... Suggs from what I have heard does not have a dream school and GU hit it out of the park on the visit from what I was told by multiple people in the know.

Comment

• RockandRollJames
                    Kennel Club
                    • Feb 2010

@DWolfsonKSTP
                    Gonzaga coach Mark Few could be making two trips to town in the next few weeks. One is locked in for later this week after the WCC Tourney. He'll be in Friday to see Minnehaha Acad. junior Jalen Suggs. Suggs had a solid visit to Gonzaga last month.

Comment

• thespywhozaggedme
                      Banned
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by RockandRollJames View Post
                      @DWolfsonKSTP
                      Gonzaga coach Mark Few could be making two trips to town in the next few weeks. One is locked in for later this week after the WCC Tourney. He'll be in Friday to see Minnehaha Acad. junior Jalen Suggs. Suggs had a solid visit to Gonzaga last month.

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...04657062473729
                      Nice, lock up that commitment! And I love how the Minneapolis press alludes to the fact that we will be in the final four. Love the national attention.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Jan 2018

Originally posted by RockandRollJames View Post
                        @DWolfsonKSTP

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...04657062473729
                        Suggs hinted on Instagram this weekend about naming a Top 3. Would not be shocked if this visit brings some good news.

Comment

• Mantua
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2007

Suggs hinted on Instagram this weekend about naming a Top 3. Would not be shocked if this visit brings some good news.
                          Suggs did a Q&A in an Instagram story. He was asked "top three choices for college". He replied "when the times right I’ll let that be known".
                          Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                            Zag for Life
                            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Mantua View Post
                            Suggs did a Q&A in an Instagram story. He was asked "top three choices for college". He replied "when the times right I’ll let that be known".
                            That's correct. I didn't have the sound on just saw the picture and from what I have been hearing there is reason to believe a Top 3/5/10 whatever the number is will be coming or maybe even better...

Comment

• Mantua
                              Zag for Life
                              • Mar 2007

That's correct. I didn't have the sound on just saw the picture and from what I have been hearing there is reason to believe a Top 3/5/10 whatever the number is will be coming or maybe even better...
                              There was no audio which is normal for Instagram Q&As so you didn’t miss anything.
                              Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• Zags_Fanatic
                                Zag for Life
                                • Nov 2012

Coach Few heading to MN soon after the WCC tourney: https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...04657062473729

Comment

Working...
                                X