• Zagdawg
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
    13s14 seconds ago
    More
    Gonzaga’s Mark Few checking in on major target, five-star junior, Jalen Suggs. Also checking out recent offer, Chet Holmgren.

Comment

• caldwellzag
      Zag for Life
      • Jan 2018

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
      Jake

Verified account

@jakeweingarten
      13s14 seconds ago
      More
      Gonzaga’s Mark Few checking in on major target, five-star junior, Jalen Suggs. Also checking out recent offer, Chet Holmgren.
      Both guys played really well in front of Few.

Comment

• strikenowhere
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by caldwellzag View Post
        Any whispers from your little birds on Holmgren's interest in playing for the Zags?

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Caldy. How do you rate our chances 1-10 with Suggs? I sense some drift. Tell me I am wrong.

Comment

• caldwellzag
            Zag for Life
            • Jan 2018

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
            Any whispers from your little birds on Holmgren's interest in playing for the Zags?
            Still early, but I know he likes playing with Suggs, so if Suggs commits then it would up Chet's interest.

Comment

• caldwellzag
              Zag for Life
              • Jan 2018

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
              Caldy. How do you rate our chances 1-10 with Suggs? I sense some drift. Tell me I am wrong.
              We have felt the big boys jumping in on him here lately, so we have sent Few in hard on him. I would say 6 right now, with the major issue being able if one of the Blue Bloods steps in or one of the Power 5 lets him play both football and basketball.

There probably has been a little drift, as he is making a case to be a top 5 recruit the way he is playing and Blue Bloods are sniffing around now.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

We have felt the big boys jumping in on him here lately, so we have sent Few in hard on him. I would say 6 right now, with the major issue being able if one of the Blue Bloods steps in or one of the Power 5 lets him play both football and basketball.

There probably has been a little drift, as he is making a case to be a top 5 recruit the way he is playing and Blue Bloods are sniffing around now.
                Thanks. Bound to happen and will only intensify.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                  Zag for Life
                  • Jan 2018

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
                  Thanks. Bound to happen and will only intensify.
                  I agree, that's why we had Few at his games all weekend. We need to lock him up ASAP.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Five stock-risers of the NCAA's first live period

Jalen Suggs, Grassroots Sizzle (Minn.), PG, 2020: Suggs had a productive weekend with Sizzle, checking in at No. 2 in the Under Armour Association in scoring (19.8 ppg.), No. 1 in assists (6.5 apg.), No. 2 in steals (1.5 spg.) and No. 6 in rebounds (6.9 rpg.). Suggs’ do-it-all approach turned heads all weekend.

Sharife Cooper and R.J. Hampton were two of the players that stood out this past weekend during the NCAA’s first live period.

Comment

• Mr Vulture
                      Zag for Life
                      • May 2008

Originally posted by Zagdawg View Post
                      Five stock-risers of the NCAA's first live period

Jalen Suggs, Grassroots Sizzle (Minn.), PG, 2020: Suggs had a productive weekend with Sizzle, checking in at No. 2 in the Under Armour Association in scoring (19.8 ppg.), No. 1 in assists (6.5 apg.), No. 2 in steals (1.5 spg.) and No. 6 in rebounds (6.9 rpg.). Suggs’ do-it-all approach turned heads all weekend.

https://usatodayhss.com/2019/five-st...sharife-cooper
                      Glad he's taking it to another level but it also makes me more nervous on the recruiting side. I was fairly confident a few weeks ago but not as much now.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Challenge we run into is a limited amount of time and we really need a point guard-- first guy to step up and accept the offer will get the nod-- at that time Suggs may look somewhere else due to us already signing a lead guard (we do not want to run into a situation like Williams where we waited on him and when he went elsewhere--- we had to find option B from what was left available).

He seems to be waiting to see how everything plays out related to NBA early entrants and seeing who will be coming back along with the football options.

I hope he makes his decision either way soon -- so we can be very happy or move on.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                          Zag for Life
                          • Oct 2008

It has to be frustrating for the staff to identify guys as great players for the program, recruit them early, then see them blow up later and garner interested from high-level power conference schools.

Comment

• sittingon50
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
                            It has to be frustrating for the staff to identify guys as great players for the program, recruit them early, then see them blow up later and garner interested from high-level power conference schools.

Sounds like all the mid-major teams that are gettin' cherry-picked.
                            But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• WallaWallaZag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

that's really not the case anymore...the guys the zags are going after these days are well-known by everyone and being recruited by the p5 from the start...it's just that the true blue bloods often have the luxury of waiting until the last moment to get involved.

Comment

• caldwellzag
                                Zag for Life
                                • Jan 2018

The staffs work paid off well with Timme who was very similar in blowing up.

Comment

Working...
                                X