Page 93 of 93 FirstFirst ... 43838990919293
Results 2,301 to 2,320 of 2320

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Maybe Bancheros will.
    A great reminder to all of us, recruits and their families read these boards, this is a bad bad look!!

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    This entire recruitment has been disrespectful.

An 18 year old kid has held the Gonzaga athletic department, itís basketball coaching staff, the current players and potential recruits hostage by not being straightforward from the time of his ďannouncement ď until now.

He and his family should have flat out said he was committing to Gonzaga or kept quiet. Making an announcement like that and then ďkeeping his options open ď was not helpful to anyone.

I donít have a problem with the kid and his family doing what they feel is in Jalenís best interest, but it could have been done in a way that was more respectful to everyone involved.

I know one thing. He better be as good as he thinks he is or it wonít be pretty.

Iím still open to loving this kid but heís going to have to earn it.
    Heís 18. Geez. Chill out please lol
    Qualified for 22 Straight Big Dances

11 Straight Round of 32s

10 Sweet Sixteens (5 Straight)

4 Elite Eights

2017 FINAL FOUR

2 Winningest Players in college basketball history (Karnowski 137, Perkins 134)

The Best Point Guard to ever play the game: John Stockton, most assists, most steals.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I 100% disagree with this entire post. Those who think this listen to sources that are not in the know. Few gave him his blessing to explore the professional option, yep that's right I have not said that at all until now, but come on guys get off the kids back. He loves the Zags and has always been coming if he couldn't find huge life changing money to play pro ball.
    Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    Im sure earning your love is at the top of his list of things to do.
    How do you know that he wasn't forthright with the team and administration? Are you sure it wasn't just us dopes that were in the dark? Begrudging a 18 year old kid for doing what is in his best interests for his career is a bad look. Maybe you should earn his love
    This. This institution is there to support the growth of athletes, and hopefully for the fans, student athletes, but in any event, we want to help him make the best decision for him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

I know one thing. He better be as good as he thinks he is or it wonít be pretty.
    Ooooooh, whatís gonna happen? You gonna bench him from your living room, maybe yell at the TV?

Eh, it is fine to have some salty fans after this recruitment. Things have much stayed the same as they were. If he comes to college, which it sounds like he is leaning closer to, he will come to Gonzaga. There is still a possibility that he will go pro for the right amount of money (only G league makes sense right now). We won't have a definitive answer until he steps on campus.

An 18 year old kid has held the Gonzaga athletic department, itís basketball coaching staff, the current players and potential recruits hostage by not being straightforward from the time of his ďannouncement ď until now.

He and his family should have flat out said he was committing to Gonzaga or kept quiet. Making an announcement like that and then ďkeeping his options open ď was not helpful to anyone.

I donít have a problem with the kid and his family doing what they feel is in Jalenís best interest, but it could have been done in a way that was more respectful to everyone involved.

93 pages of posts and this is the funniest one. Absolutely no inside knowledge of the recruitment, but a strong opinion of how it should have been.

Not going to lie, it doesn't make sense where Suggs disdain is coming from. The worry that he is a head-case or will have a demanding dad is just categorically false. Number one, Few is not the coach that sugar coats or gives false expectations. Suggs and his dad know exactly what will happen going in, and they are committed to this program, nonetheless. Number two, the fit is setting Suggs up perfectly for success. With our level of coaching and the pieces we have surrounding him, there is no reason he should flop as a player in our system... It is just very unlikely. Unless something very bad happens, he is not going to disappoint at Gonzaga. Let's wait for that (very unlikely) scenario to happen before we start jumping on him. Can't wait to watch this season play out.

wtf? i don't get posts like this and those that blame the kid for the whiplash this board has gotten from this whole recruitment process.

from what i can tell, the communication there has been open, honest, and consistent-- from both the insiders and jalen's camp. the whiplash is because this board is freaking bi-polar and many of the loudest voices are very selective in applying their skepticism.

the oscillations and mood of this thread has absolutely not reflected the reality of the recruitment/relationship between suggs and gonzaga, based on the best sources i've been able to find-- including direct quotes from jalen and family.

on the other end, various reports and unverified rumors keep showing up and getting everyone all worked up-- and then people somehow blame jalen for their own lack of judgment to reasonably evaluate the credibility of the rumors and their sources.

Quote Originally Posted by gonzagafan62 View Post
    He’s 18. Geez. Chill out please lol
    It's okay to be disrespectful at age 18?

How about his parents? Are they old enough to take responsibility?

How old are you? You basically threatened a teenager! Is that okay?

You must not have kids

Speaking of Gatorade, is it possible for Jalen Suggs to win Gatorade Athlete of the year award?

He has already won the POY for Football and basketball for Minnesota this year. Emoni Bates won the Gatorade National Basketball POY. I would think playing PG and QB in a talent rich state would give him an edge.

Here is the list of past winners:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gatora...he_Year_awards

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    Im sure earning your love is at the top of his list of things to do.
    How do you know that he wasn't forthright with the team and administration? Are you sure it wasn't just us dopes that were in the dark? Begrudging a 18 year old kid for doing what is in his best interests for his career is a bad look. Maybe you should earn his love
    You completely misconstrued my post. I specifically didn’t begrudge jalen from doing what’s best for him. He could have done that without “ committing “ with caveats.

How old are you? You basically threatened a teenager! Is that okay?
    What? How did I threaten him? I simply pointed out he has built a high bar to get over to live up to his bravado.

You completely misconstrued my post. I specifically didn’t begrudge jalen from doing what’s best for him. He could have done that without “ committing “ with caveats.
    He committed with caveats and the program and coaches were ok with that from all credible reports. Neither he nor his parents were disrespectful just because you don’t like the caveats.

What? How did I threaten him? I simply pointed out he has built a high bar to get over to live up to his bravado.
    Maybe you are struggling to read your own post, but I will paste this line from your post back in here.

"I know one thing. He better be as good as he thinks he is or it won’t be pretty."

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    You must not have kids
    Got kids that have been respectful of others all their lives and have taught their kids the same.

Maybe you are struggling to read your own post, but I will paste this line from your post back in here.

"I know one thing. He better be as good as he thinks he is or it won’t be pretty."
    Again, that is not a threat. It’s the mountain that he and his family built that he now has to climb. I hope he does.

This whole thread should be boxed up and fired into the sun.

Thread is being closed. Under review now.