Page 70 of 80 FirstFirst ... 2060666768697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 1,726 to 1,750 of 1988

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post

From what I noticed on ESPN 2020 Top 100, I noticed there are no PG's with size remaining...so the Grad Transfer route seems like the only route remaining...
    Karim Mane is one such guy. He's 25 on 247. I'd advise against using ESPN for rankings these days, they've gutted scouting. 247 is generally much better.

Of course he has his own pro situation where he might go directly into the NBA draft although it seems like he's leaning college. Lots of competition on that recruiting front though.

If they could somehow snag him and have a Suggs/Ayayi/Harris/Mane backcourt though....

Are we in the Mane conversation?

Quote Originally Posted by Ladyzag12 View Post
    Are we in the Mane conversation?
    Yes.

I know we have been linked, but how close compared to the Big East teams he is linked with?

I know we have been linked, but how close compared to the Big East teams he is linked with?
    He's not just linked to Big East teams. Mane's got offers from all sorts of power five schools. He took a visit to Marquette yesterday and tho he is interested in the Zags no offer has been made yet.

My understanding about 2 months ago when the Mane rumors popped up was that ultimately we arenít getting Karim Mane. He had interest as did we but he is a kid who is considering going straight to the nba from his high school and he certainly isnít coming to Gonzaga to play behind Suggs. It is a weird recruitment with that kid as well. Powell has great connections to his high school coach from what I gather but unless something changed, Mane isnít happening.

I disagree that he's not heavily interested in college ball since he just took a official visit yesterday. He is unlikely to come to Gonzaga with the Suggs commit tho.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
    I disagree that he's not heavily interested in college ball since he just took a official visit yesterday. He is unlikely to come to Gonzaga with the Suggs commit tho.
    Oh, to be clear, I didnít say that Mane is not interested in college. He certainly is. My point was that he is still considering entering the NBa draft and therefore he certainly isnít going to a college where he would be behind another freshman. That point has been made clear to all involved which is why I was told we arenít getting Karim.

Looks like they worked. Dude was flat out balling tonight.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E7NR75xMaIk

Most of Suggs game against Sierra Canyon...

The kid seems to be more adult than the adults making fools of them selves fawning all over him.....

I think it was Beilein…... who went to the Cavs and...... said if he came back to College basketball he would only recruit no star orphans.....

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    My understanding about 2 months ago when the Mane rumors popped up was that ultimately we aren’t getting Karim Mane. He had interest as did we but he is a kid who is considering going straight to the nba from his high school and he certainly isn’t coming to Gonzaga to play behind Suggs. It is a weird recruitment with that kid as well. Powell has great connections to his high school coach from what I gather but unless something changed, Mane isn’t happening.
    This is exactly the reason for the angst about Suggs less than 100% commitment.

No matter how small the chance of Jalen going the pro route it complicates recruiting. No grad transfer or top freshman recruit will want to play behind Suggs. The Zags will be in a position of uncertainty until Suggs actually enrolls. They will possibly miss out on recruiting a top talent at PG and if Suggs gets an Aussie accent the Zags will be left in the lurch.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post

No matter how small the chance of Jalen going the pro route it complicates recruiting. No grad transfer or top freshman recruit will want to play behind Suggs. The Zags will be in a position of uncertainty until Suggs actually enrolls. They will possibly miss out on recruiting a top talent at PG and if Suggs gets an Aussie accent the Zags will be left in the lurch.
    Suggs is not going overseas. This is my daily PSA about Suggs. He is a Zag and will be a Zag!!!

Mane will not be a Zag, just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post

If a grad transfer is good enough he would play in the backcourt along with Suggs. The team will be just fine next year, don't forget Suggs is not all that is coming next year. Who knows just mabe Holmgren comes with Suggs, and what if Banchero shows up too ? The team will be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    If a grad transfer is good enough he would play in the backcourt along with Suggs. The team will be just fine next year, don't forget Suggs is not all that is coming next year. Who knows just mabe Holmgren comes with Suggs, and what if Banchero shows up too ? The team will be fine.
    Those other two don’t play the same position, regardless of reclassification. His argument was guard depth.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Suggs is not going overseas. This is my daily PSA about Suggs. He is a Zag and will be a Zag!!!

Mane will not be a Zag, just saying.
    I agree with both of the above Caldwell! Everyone relax a bit. Yes the overseas tone of the espn live interview was strong but it appears that Caldwell and I have both spoken with different people and they have strongly indicated currently that Suggs is coming to Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    I agree with both of the above Caldwell! Everyone relax a bit. Yes the overseas tone of the espn live interview was strong but it appears that Caldwell and I have both spoken with different people and they have strongly indicated currently that Suggs is coming to Gonzaga.
    I’m guessing Paul Biancardi and Ted Emrich read the tweet from Evan Daniels, which made Ted Emrich ask the stupid question. Jalen said as of right now he’s fully committed to the Zags. I watched much of the game against Sierra Canyon, and we are going to absolutely love seeing him in a Zags unŪ. Haters will hate. He’s a great kid, and he’s certainly going to be part of something special next season!!! I fully trust Caldwell and ZagBlue, even if they end up repeating themselves a hundred times some people just won’t believe it.

Biancardi is the worst talent evaluater in the business. He is also terrible announcer. When he is on a game you never know who is who, but this happens when any espn announcer is doing a high school or all-star game. Why in the world would they even ask if he was going over seas ? I bet if he was a duke recruit they would never have ask that Question.

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    Iím guessing Paul Biancardi and Ted Emrich read the tweet from Evan Daniels, which made Ted Emrich ask the stupid question. Jalen said as of right now heís fully committed to the Zags. I watched much of the game against Sierra Canyon, and we are going to absolutely love seeing him in a Zags unŪ. Haters will hate. Heís a great kid, and heís certainly going to be part of something special next season!!! I fully trust Caldwell and ZagBlue, even if they end up repeating themselves a hundred times some people just wonít believe it.
    Look, things can change with recruits in a heartbeat but right now all is good with Mr. Suggs and Gonzaga. As Caldwell mentioned recently, don't always assume information is accurate just because you read it online. For instance, Eric Bossi of Rivals wrote an article today and in it he mentioned that he would not expect Suggs to end up at Gonzaga. Bossi is good and usually knows his stuff so those comments can be interpreted as you see fit. They do not alarm me right now (and I would imagine Caldwell as well) as we both have heard really positive things from the right sources. Only time will tell here.

So let me understand, IF Suggs does come then he will start and if we get a Grad transfer, then he will start with Jalen???

If Joel is still on the team this summer, he will be a starter regardless of a Grad transfer and Jalen could well be the other starter "IF" he comes...if not then I believe Coach Few will be looking for one or two Grad transfers for the back court.

Dom Harris has the ability to handle PG duties if needed. I'm hoping Suggs decides to stay the college route, If not we will manage.
    America's Team!

I agree with a guy that can hit a Teal in 25mph north wind!
    Hope it works out! Just the fact that Jalen is a VC opens the door even wider for future top talent!

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    So let me understand, IF Suggs does come then he will start and if we get a Grad transfer, then he will start with Jalen???

If Joel is still on the team this summer, he will be a starter regardless of a Grad transfer and Jalen could well be the other starter "IF" he comes...if not then I believe Coach Few will be looking for one or two Grad transfers for the back court.
    I said if he is good enough. If Ayiye is still here we won't need a grad transfer.

I said if he is good enough. If Ayiye is still here we won't need a grad transfer.
    Even if Ayayai is here next year, that leaves us with only 2 PGs in Suggs and Ayayai. Dom is more a 2, but could slide over when needed. Corey is a 3, Strawther is a 3, maybe spot minutes at the 2? Watson is a 3. We definitely will need another guard next year to spell these guys and combat any injuries that happen throughout the year. If Ayayai does leave, and I expect that he will, we are extremely thin.