Page 78 of 93 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288 ... LastLast
Results 1,926 to 1,950 of 2320

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

If Jalen chooses to go pro, so be it. Not that my opinion matters, but if he is getting $150k (give or take) to do that, I think it is a mistake. I still say that the exposure a player gets by playing for a top team in the NCAA's for a year is worth so much more in regards to exposure and building a brand.

Quote Originally Posted by webspinnre View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but it sure feels like a lot of this talking head stuff is just that, trying to gin up interest.
    I think this take is reasonable. Every "expert" has an opinion as does everyone on this board. The question to ask yourself when giving creedence to what you read is "How much does this person actually know." Case in point, above Brian Snow is quoted as saying, "Jalen's probably going pro and I think everyone pretty much everyone knows that." Here, I would say that at this moment Mr. Snow clearly does not know much! Sure suggs might go pro. On the other hand, I talked to a direct source with more knowledge than anyone other than Jalen and the sentiment echoed what Caldwell keeps stressing. The expectation right now is still that Suggs will be a Zag.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    I think this take is reasonable. Every "expert" has an opinion as does everyone on this board. The question to ask yourself when giving creedence to what you read is "How much does this person actually know." Case in point, above Brian Snow is quoted as saying, "Jalen's probably going pro and I think everyone pretty much everyone knows that." Here, I would say that at this moment Mr. Snow clearly does not know much! Sure suggs might go pro. On the other hand, I talked to a direct source with more knowledge than anyone other than Jalen and the sentiment echoed what Caldwell keeps stressing. The expectation right now is still that Suggs will be a Zag.
    Well said. Until I hear that the sky is falling and he is gone, I have faith he will be a Zag. I read this thread daily and every day someone has new information that he is turning pro, but he still hasn't turned pro. Maybe he will, but that's not what I am hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    LOL .. I agree with Mr. Snow.... "Jalen is probably going pro." I just expect that to occur after he spends one year with GU.

Unhappy Kerplooee!

Reading all the former posts about Suggs NOT GONNA BE A ZAG, then seeing him declare himself a Zag -- and now reading some say he's GOING PRO and others saying HE AINT GOINT PRO -- makes my head explode.

...maybe I should just stop reading this thread...

:[
    Yeah, we're "The Champs," uh-huh!

Quote Originally Posted by Zag_Dad View Post
    LOL .. I agree with Mr. Snow.... "Jalen is probably going pro." I just expect that to occur after he spends one year with GU.
    Mr Snow will never be wrong with his comment that way. This reminds me of the Jim Gaffigan male seahorse comedy bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    If Jalen chooses to go pro, so be it. Not that my opinion matters, but if he is getting $150k (give or take) to do that, I think it is a mistake. I still say that the exposure a player gets by playing for a top team in the NCAA's for a year is worth so much more in regards to exposure and building a brand.
    Mr. Suggs should expect friendly calls from Messrs. Hachimura, Sabonis, Collins, and Clarke, as to the future value of playing for the Zags. Zach will be the next one to hit the jackpot after his rookie contract expires this year (I think).

If I'm Mark Few, this circus gets me one step closer to retirement.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    If he goes pro, I will not be buying a jersey when he gets to the NBA. If he plays for Gonzaga I most definitely will.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    If I'm Mark Few, this circus gets me one step closer to retirement.
    I think the thing you forget is Mark Few is not in the middle of this circus. This is people on boards, on twitter, and in the press that are running with this. Mark Few does not get on any of these and does not listen to the noise.

Found this today
    https://twitter.com/KREMKarthik/stat...74709234176001

If Suggs decides to go pro, my statement is good luck, hopefully no injuries, and hope a good coach to help him improve. The overseas money does not look that great, but if he gets a fantastic offer take it to transition into the NBA. I think Thayer GU may give him more media exposure but I am not sure about the scouts.

I would love to see him on this team next year but most of us understand that money may drive his short term decision. Good luck

If he attends GU, he’s going to be playing for a top 5 team nationally, and will be on ESPN damn near every other game. Unless you absolutely need the money now, it makes more sense, for your brand, to stay and play in college. I don’t know that RJ Hampton would be getting much publicity if it weren’t for the fact that he was a bit of a pioneer in choosing the overseas route when the college route was also available.

This whole thing is growing old on me. Not to sound bitter, Suggs speaks very highly on GU but sooner or later for respect of the program a decision needs to be made. We may miss out on another great PG while we stand by for Suggs to make his decision.
    America's Team!

Tricky duo.

Quote Originally Posted by HenneZag View Post
    This whole thing is growing old on me. Not to sound bitter, Suggs speaks very highly on GU but sooner or later for respect of the program a decision needs to be made. We may miss out on another great PG while we stand by for Suggs to make his decision.
    You need to remember the staff aren't us fans in the dark. They aren't being blindly strung along in this process. The media's gonna do media things and speculate as they are want to do. Until confirmation one way or the other I'd take it with a giant grain of salt.

I also have tons of faith in the staff either way. I can't imagine a more attractive opportunity for a grad transfer & I'm confident the staff always has coals in the fire, be they reclassification possibilities, international or what have you.

Jalen Suggs
    @JalenSuggs2020
    ·
    Feb 6
    This is real love, came all the way from Spokane to see the fam and catch a game. Zag love and support runs deep, no better community in the country than zag nation!!

Pastor Ken Peters - TCAPP
    @PastorKenTCAPP
    · Feb 6
    Got to Meet Next Year’s Gonzaga Point Guard, Jalen Suggs and his dad. Great player and nice folks.

https://twitter.com/JalenSuggs2020/s...37618995515396

I would imagine there is a money level that is a go no go for the family. I wouldn't consider him here for sure until he gets here, but my own inclination is that the money figure won't get high enough for what the family is looking for. You also have to remember Caldwell is getting his info from staff who are going to have a skewed perspective on the situation. Nick Saban legitimately thought Tua might come back next season for Bama. Also, I do think that Nick Johnson is a bad comparison for Suggs. Nick Johnson may have been one of the worst lateral and change of direction athletes I have seen in relation to their jumping ability. Suggs profile is almost the complete opposite with elite COD and lateral quickness with a relatively poor vertical compared to those other attributes. Suggs is also way stronger but a poorer shooter than Nick at the same point in there careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Jalen Suggs
    @JalenSuggs2020
    ·
    Feb 6
    This is real love, came all the way from Spokane to see the fam and catch a game. Zag love and support runs deep, no better community in the country than zag nation!!

Pastor Ken Peters - TCAPP
    @PastorKenTCAPP
    · Feb 6
    Got to Meet Next Year’s Gonzaga Point Guard, Jalen Suggs and his dad. Great player and nice folks.

https://twitter.com/JalenSuggs2020/s...37618995515396
    I saw that post and made supportive comment on Twitter - if Jalen's actively promoting and writing that kind of highly supportive and pro GU comment while simultaneously seriously considering a decommit from GU, it would be disingenuous and disappointing. I'm hoping Caldwell's right, that Jalen and his mom are fully on board.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Tricky duo.
    Maybe their "trick" is inspiring us to waste hours of time on a pipe dream. Hope not!

Some of y'all have lost your minds. You know any of our players could choose to leave the team at any time for any reason, right?

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Some of y'all have lost your minds. You know any of our players could choose to leave the team at any time for any reason, right?
    Pretty rare. Even more rare for a recruit to say he's excited beyond belief to be a Zag unless someone winks at me while holding a bag of cash.

Pretty rare except for Greg Foster, Rui, BC, Norvell, Ravet.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Pretty rare except for Greg Foster, Rui, BC, Norvell, Ravet.
    Apples and oranges. The only one that is a mystery is Ravet. Foster knew he wasn't going to play. Rui, BC and Norvell made their marks as Zags and took the next step. It wasn't for any random reason.

Apples and oranges. The only one that is a mystery is Ravet. Foster knew he wasn't going to play. Rui, BC and Norvell made their marks as Zags and took the next step. It wasn't for any random reason.
    He said any reason. You just listed 3 of them. Look, believe whatever you want. The fact is that arguing or debating over whether a recruit who has verbally committed is going to follow through with it or not is a gigantic waste of time.

Wait and see. Ignore the noise until the recruit himself says otherwise.

Pretty rare. Even more rare for a recruit to say he's excited beyond belief to be a Zag unless someone winks at me while holding a bag of cash.
    Careful. Third rail comment, Mark.