Page 79 of 93 FirstFirst ... 296975767778798081828389 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,975 of 2320

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Pretty rare except for Greg Foster, Rui, BC, Norvell, Ravet.
    Rui and BC are sorely missed.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Rui and BC are sorely missed.
    I know, without them our frontcourt only mustered up 59 points tonite. Oh what could have been...

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    I know, without them our frontcourt only mustered up 59 points tonite. Oh what could have been...
    Hah. And wouldn’t Zbo be a senior?

Hah. And wouldn’t Zbo be a senior?
    hell, domas, too-- if he had taken both a standard and medical redshirt.

No new information, but great content on Jalen throughout the series.

https://youtu.be/zQcvoR2KOjs?t=483

This thread is simple amazing that it has so many views and so many pages. If you want to see it continue please stay on the topic of Jalen Suggs.

Careful. Third rail comment, Mark.
    Yeah. I didn't even mention Social Security or the mortgage deduction. Probably a good thing I'm not running for national office.

Haha

Quote Originally Posted by soccerdud View Post
    hell, domas, too-- if he had taken both a standard and medical redshirt.
    You just blew my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    This thread is simple amazing that it has so many views and so many pages. If you want to see it continue please stay on the topic of Jalen Suggs.
    Discourse Police much? Ever hear of stream of consciousness?

Jeff Wald
    @JeffWaldFox9
    ·
    20h
    @JalenSuggs2020
    thanks his friends, family and teammates as he’s recognized for being named a McDonald’s All-American. He’s a top 10 player in the country and headed to Gonzaga next year.
    @FOX9

https://twitter.com/JeffWaldFox9/sta...12024154165249

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    If he goes pro, I will not be buying a jersey when he gets to the NBA. If he plays for Gonzaga I most definitely will.
    I'm sure this will weigh heavily into his decision to turn pro or not. :-)

Rodger Bohn
    @rodgerbohn
    · 6h
    6'5 2020 Jalen Suggs of @Minnehaha_BBall/@Grassrootshoops has been invited to the Jordan Classic, per his coaches. He is one of very FEW (have to look up exact number,but less than 5)to get Jordan, #McDAAG, @IversonClassic, and @NikeHoopSummit selection.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Rodger Bohn
    @rodgerbohn
    · 6h
    6'5 2020 Jalen Suggs of @Minnehaha_BBall/@Grassrootshoops has been invited to the Jordan Classic, per his coaches. He is one of very FEW (have to look up exact number,but less than 5)to get Jordan, #McDAAG, @IversonClassic, and @NikeHoopSummit selection.
    He’s only eligible to playin two, but that’s high honors. Can’t wait for him to suit up, Zag up!

Corey Evans at Rivals:

"He is college-bound unless something unforeseen happens. Yes, Jalen Suggs has continued to investigate the professional path, but Gonzaga should still expect to have him on campus in the fall.

For one reason or another, Suggs never had the options or college interest that many others like him usually do. Whether it was because of his exploits on the football field or that some believed that he would skip college and play professionally, the end result is Mark Few’s biggest recruiting win to date.

I'd say there's an 85-percent chance that Suggs will be running the show for the Zags next season."

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Corey Evans at Rivals:

I'd say there's an 85-percent chance that Suggs will be running the show for the Zags next season."
    lol

Just gonna go find my popcorn again...

Corey Evans at Rivals:

"He is college-bound unless something unforeseen happens. Yes, Jalen Suggs has continued to investigate the professional path, but Gonzaga should still expect to have him on campus in the fall.

For one reason or another, Suggs never had the options or college interest that many others like him usually do. Whether it was because of his exploits on the football field or that some believed that he would skip college and play professionally, the end result is Mark Few’s biggest recruiting win to date.

There is not one sentence in the above quote that I have not felt comfortable saying/thinking for months. Caldwell has been all over this. We still need to keep our fingers crossed but all looks good.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagBlue View Post
    There is not one sentence in the above quote that I have not felt comfortable saying/thinking for months. Caldwell has been all over this. We still need to keep our fingers crossed but all looks good.
    Indeed, this is exactly what you and Caldwell have been saying for months. Haven’t seen this at all from the national guys.

Indeed, this is exactly what you and Caldwell have been saying for months. Haven’t seen this at all from the national guys.
    I can’t stress this enough: The good National guys know a lot about a lot of players BUT they don’t know the details and every in and outs of most recruitments as they follow way too many players. As such, for me, when it becomes apparent that somebody on a board or in the media knows true intricate details, that is the only guy I really pay much attention to. In this case, I know for a fact that Caldwell and I have had a better source on this than most anyone could possibly have. I’m not saying Suggs is assuredly a Zag (and I have never said that before) but nothing has changed my stance thus far. Things still look very good for the Zags right now.

Thanks for the updates. All the drama aside, I would would be happy every time with an 85% chance on getting a player of Suggs' caliber. (And having Dom Harris, who seems to be fantastic player, in the wings helps ease some of the anxiety)

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Thanks for the updates. All the drama aside, I would would be happy every time with an 85% chance on getting a player of Suggs' caliber. (And having Dom Harris, who seems to be fantastic player, in the wings helps ease some of the anxiety)
    For sure! I will always chime in with insight when I have it and/or when I feel it ok to go public with info. Yep 85% chance on a top 10 player is something I would also take in every circumstance. Dom and a grad transfer is certainly a terrific plan b if need be. Heck, we are having another dream season and this team was essentially patchworked together in July.

Exclamation Naismith HS Player of the Year Finalists Named

Article Link: http://naismithtrophy.com/finalists-...ophy-revealed/

Mr. Suggs is one of 5 finalists for the award which will be announced on March 10th.

ATLANTA (February 20, 2020) – The Atlanta Tipoff Club today announced the five finalists competing for the Jersey Mike’s Naismith High School Boys and Girls Player of the Year Trophy honors. The candidates represent 10 high schools nationwide, and the winners of the Jersey Mike’s Naismith High School Boys and Girls Player of the Year awards will be announced on March 10. Nine of the finalists have already committed to college basketball programs.

“Each of these finalists has what it takes to win the Jersey Mike’s Naismith High School Trophy, and our voters had a tremendous challenge whittling down the lists to five finalists,” said Eric Oberman, executive director of the Atlanta Tipoff Club. “We look forward to watching them finish out their high school careers strongly as they make a push to claim this national honor.”

What are the signing dates for the NLI? I guess he could still sign, and go over seas as an NLI wouldn't govern international agreements.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reborn View Post
    Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    What are the signing dates for the NLI? I guess he could still sign, and go over seas as an NLI wouldn't govern international agreements.
    Division 1 Basketball Regular Period: Opens 4/15/20 and closes 5/20/20 for hoopsters enrolling in the 2020-21 academic year.

http://www.nationalletter.org/signingDates/index.html

The GUB Resource Library: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

Respect the Game. Respect the Zags. Respect each other.

Every time someone posts to this thread, I cringe when I open it. "What's in the box?!?!"