Page 89 of 93 FirstFirst ... 3979858687888990919293 LastLast
Results 2,201 to 2,225 of 2320

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    1m
    Just spoke with Larry Suggs, father of five-star senior and Gonzaga commit Jalen Suggs. He said: “Jalen is definitely going to Gonzaga.” He did have professional options out there but will play with the Zags.

The late-signing period opens up tomorrow.

Looks like it's official. Jalen will sign tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Zag1203 View Post
    Jake
    @jakeweingarten
    ·
    1m
    Just spoke with Larry Suggs, father of five-star senior and Gonzaga commit Jalen Suggs. He said: “Jalen is definitely going to Gonzaga.” He did have professional options out there but will play with the Zags.

The late-signing period opens up tomorrow.

Looks like it's official. Jalen will sign tomorrow
    I should point out that Weingarten has since deleted the tweet. But here is a screenshot of it. https://imgur.com/a/O4WmG8R

I should point out that Weingarten has since deleted the tweet. But here is a screenshot of it. https://imgur.com/a/O4WmG8R
    This on top of the fact that his buddy Jalen Green is trending towards going pro doesn't exactly leave you brimming with confidence.
    Welcome to Zagdom

Quote Originally Posted by Snagglezag View Post
    This on top of the fact that his buddy Jalen Green is trending towards going pro doesn't exactly leave you brimming with confidence.
    But his other 2 buddies are going to be in Spokane so it refills you with confidence all the way to the brim

Odd tweet to delete.

No idea the validity of the source but this was posted on a CBB Instagram Account I follow about 15 minutes ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-_H4pyF...=1n8ndpc9x81in

In case the link doesn’t work it says there are rumors of two recruits (Suggs and Terrence Clarke who is a UK Commit) choosing pro route over college.

Man the roller coaster of Suggs recruitment just doesn’t stop.

Quote Originally Posted by tenniszag View Post
    No idea the validity of the source but this was posted on a CBB Instagram Account I follow about 15 minutes ago: https://www.instagram.com/p/B-_H4pyF...=1n8ndpc9x81in

In case the link doesn’t work it says there are rumors of two recruits (Suggs and Terrence Clarke who is a UK Commit) choosing pro route over college.

Man the roller coaster of Suggs recruitment just doesn’t stop.
    Yeah someone put on Twitter that he might go to the G league with that Kentucky commit. And it seems to be gaining some traction. https://twitter.com/kysportsradio/st...689592320?s=21

I think he comes here.

Recruiting is such a tough business. In retrospect, maybe Few should have gone in on Daishen Nix when the opportunity was there. At the time, Suggs seemed more like the sure bet. Again, it’s a tough business. Nix will be a stud, and one that sticks around for 2 years or so.

Hope Suggs is a star in a Zag uni.

I can't find anywhere Jalen Suggs is passionate or animated about any pro opportunities. He speaks objectively of "exploring all options" and such. Whereas with Gonzaga, the passion is there.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the twitter account that is reporting Suggs to the G-league also tweeted about Isaiah Todd and a couple other correct things before it was announced...

Bearing bad news or anticipating it?

Quote Originally Posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
    Not against only Gonzaga, but any small school from a small confrence, especially if they are from the west.
    You are way off here. The NCAA would love Gonzaga to win a title. The Zags are a national/international brand. Ratings for a Gonzaga title game would be right up there for the highest ever. Merchandise would fly off the shelfs. In the States and all over Europe. If you haven't been to a Zag road game with a power six opponent you are missing incredible energy from Zag fans that have never stepped foot on the Spokane campus.

A Gonzaga win would be welcomed by the powers that be.

Jake didn’t delete that tweet on accident. Have to think something came up tonight that made 100% not accurate anymore. Hope it’s still close to that.

http://www.gobigbluecountry.com/terr...ke-nba-league/

Well he wouldn’t be going overseas. Crazy the amount of money they are talking about. Are colleges really going to have to compete with the G-League offering players up to $500K for one year? Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the twitter account that is reporting Suggs to the G-league also tweeted about Isaiah Todd and a couple other correct things before it was announced...
    One-and-done recruiting was always a bit risky on the planning front. Now, it seems, there are so many reasons to go for the 2-3 types as opposed to one-and-done. I’d Suggs doesn’t come to Gonzaga, do not kid yourself, it’s a huge impact to GU. We could have had a number of highly ranked folks were it not for this recruitment. No lipstick on pigs, folks.

At the end of the day, strictly related to recruiting, love those who love you.

In life, love all.

I like that he retweeted this yesterday ---

Jalen Suggs Retweeted
    Who's Next
    @WhosNextHS
    ·
    Apr 13
    Describe Gonzaga’s recruiting class in 5 words or fewer Rocket

@ZagMBB

@JalenSuggs2020

@JulianStrawther

@DominickHarri2

#Zags #TrickyTrio

Default 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

I hope Suggs comes to Gonzaga, but I’ve been worn out by this recruitment for months. If he doesn’t come, we can still win it all with our roster. I’m sure they’d be able to bring in another grad transfer guard for the season.

My gut, for the first time in his recruitment, thinks he’s going pro in some fashion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shanda.

Try to contain your excitement Jazz.

A small part of me almost wants Suggs to abandon GU just to see Jazz's resolute steadiness rewarded. And I mean that sincerely. I truly respect and appreciate Jazz sticking to his skepticism. (a bigger part of me wants to see the team and staff and Few+recruiters' hours not squandered)

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    A small part of me almost wants Suggs to abandon GU just to see Jazz's resolute steadiness rewarded. And I mean that sincerely. I truly respect and appreciate Jazz sticking to his skepticism. (a bigger part of me wants to see the team and staff and Few+recruiters' hours not squandered)
    That's the most frustrating thing about this. No reasonable person would be mad at the kid for taking hundreds of thousands of dollars right in front of him. However, the staff has clearly put so much time and energy into this whole thing, and we have turned grad transfers away under the assumption that he comes here. The whole thing would just be unfortunate.

That's the most frustrating thing about this. No reasonable person would be mad at the kid for taking hundreds of thousands of dollars right in front of him. However, the staff has clearly put so much time and energy into this whole thing, and we have turned grad transfers away under the assumption that he comes here. The whole thing would just be unfortunate.
    No one would blame him if he was honest about his intentions from the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    No one would blame him if he was honest about his intentions from the beginning.
    I mean he kind of was wasn’t he? Even on his espn grandstand he said that he is looking at pro contracts. I Just took caldwells insistence and jalens ig hints to give me hope