Page 64 of 79 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874 ... LastLast
Results 1,576 to 1,600 of 1964

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Quote Originally Posted by sittingon50 View Post
    Hello.

I'm post #1567.
    Nice to meet you...I'm post 1576...

By the way, it is Suggsmas!

Only a few hours left. As a moderator I want to take a minute to encourage everyone to make sure after the decision we all realize this is a kid making the decision and we need to be the mature adults no matter the outcome. I know RenoZag posted this awhile back, but I wanted to follow up. We are fans, all of us and we love our Zags more than the next person. Let's celebrate tonight in true Zag fashion, but if for some unseen reason he does not choose the Zags please have class.

I post this and will let everyone know again I am 99.9% sure it will be Gonzaga. If I am wrong I will eat everything I have claimed for nearly a year, I will own it as being wrong, but I will also do it with class.

Go Zags!!!

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Only a few hours left. As a moderator I want to take a minute to encourage everyone to make sure after the decision we all realize this is a kid making the decision and we need to be the mature adults no matter the outcome. I know RenoZag posted this awhile back, but I wanted to follow up. We are fans, all of us and we love our Zags more than the next person. Let's celebrate tonight in true Zag fashion, but if for some unseen reason he does not choose the Zags please have class.

I post this and will let everyone know again I am 99.9% sure it will be Gonzaga. If I am wrong I will eat everything I have claimed for nearly a year, I will own it as being wrong, but I will also do it with class.

Go Zags!!!
    Yeppers Go Zags!
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Go Zags!!!
    Thanks Caldwell. Your recruiting updates are amazing, you keep me much more interested in Gonzaga basketball outside of the games than I would otherwise. Have a great night, hopefully we are all celebrating tonight.

Go Zags!!!
    Of course. It’s a big decision with big implications. Wish him well. Hope we get to cheer and follow him here in spokane.

Go Zags!!!
    No need to eat anything. If he changes his mind last second, so be it. Looking forward to watching Suggs, Harris and Strawther play together next season.

Go Zags!!!
    Caldy, you put yourself out there every day. Much admiration and gratitude from me. Whatever happens, you’re terrific....

Ok-- jazz has had his account hacked by Russians or North Koreans-- someone needs to contact the authorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Ok-- jazz has had his account hacked by Russians or North Koreans-- someone needs to contact the authorities.
    I’m good. Thanks for your concern. Two competing views can be held in your mind at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    He has more important things to worry about than whether Jazz can get a reliable feed of the Portland game.
    No he doesn't. Each basketball game is a two hour commercial for Gonzaga basketball. The basketball program pretty much drives the financing of the entire athletic budget. Without exposure, Gonzaga basketball doesn't do nearly as well and every other athletic team that Gonzaga fields is harmed. Mr. Roth has done an enviable job thus far promoting Gonzaga through the basketball program. Interest has never been higher. But, now is not the time to rest on laurels and simply accept losing traction because people lose interest in being able to watch that two hour commercial. Aside from simply accepting a complete failure it's even more maddening because it would be a simple fix. Heck, the commish could walk outside the WCC office in San Bruno and bump into half a dozen techies that could solve the issue over lunch.

We're about to watch a HIGH SCHOOL basketball game just so we can see if Mr. Suggs chooses Gonzaga. I'd like to see him play next year if he does so.

Go Zags!!!
    Mature adults?! On the internet?! What high expectations you have of us!

But seriously, thanks for everything you've contributed to the board. Your insights, along with a few others' are the reasons I come to visit daily.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Even though Caldy's certainty has me convinced, it just dawned me that if ESPN is giving him a platform to announce, I can't see how it's not Gonzaga.

I'm not buying another college as an option so why would ESPN want to give a platform for a kid going to play games where they wont show him? GU has almost turned into Duke-lite out west in terms how much coverage/love they give Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by OntZags View Post
    Even though Caldy's certainty has me convinced, it just dawned me that if ESPN is giving him a platform to announce, I can't see how it's not Gonzaga.

I'm not buying another college as an option so why would ESPN want to give a platform for a kid going to play games where they wont show him? GU has almost turned into Duke-lite out west in terms how much coverage/love they give Gonzaga.
    Quite conspiratorial, but makes some sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post
    No he doesn't. Each basketball game is a two hour commercial for Gonzaga basketball. The basketball program pretty much drives the financing of the entire athletic budget. Without exposure, Gonzaga basketball doesn't do nearly as well and every other athletic team that Gonzaga fields is harmed. Mr. Roth has done an enviable job thus far promoting Gonzaga through the basketball program. Interest has never been higher. But, now is not the time to rest on laurels and simply accept losing traction because people lose interest in being able to watch that two hour commercial. Aside from simply accepting a complete failure it's even more maddening because it would be a simple fix. Heck, the commish could walk outside the WCC office in San Bruno and bump into half a dozen techies that could solve the issue over lunch.

We're about to watch a HIGH SCHOOL basketball game just so we can see if Mr. Suggs chooses Gonzaga. I'd like to see him play next year if he does so.
    Next time you see Mike Roth, tell him about how you logged onto Facebook and couldn’t get a good feed.

Bickering aside, let’s get Suggs

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Quite conspiratorial, but makes some sense.
    There was a second shooter.... committing to Gonzaga, Suggs/Holmgren dual commit at half time to Gonzaga.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Next time you see Mike Roth, tell him about how you logged onto Facebook and couldn’t get a good feed.

Bickering aside, let’s get Suggs
    At least you have good taste in choosing an avatar. Classiest QB in years, sure HoF.

There was a second shooter.... committing to Gonzaga, Suggs/Holmgren dual commit at half time to Gonzaga.
    That was some loogie.

Caldy, you put yourself out there every day. Much admiration and gratitude from me. Whatever happens, you’re terrific....
    This sign of good will might be the difference in getting Suggs. I wasn't sure he was coming if the GUBoards wasn't being nice.
    Agent provocateur

Just you watch....he commits to the New Jersey Institute of Technology (NJIT)

Would make sense until you consider that they gave RJ Hampton the same platform on ESPN... he chose Australia right in front of their eyes..

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    Would make sense until you consider that they gave RJ Hampton the same platform on ESPN... he chose Australia right in front of their eyes..
    Booooo.....

Watching on espn3 right now.

Wow

Suggs is putting on a show on ESPN right now before the verbal commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by sonuvazag View Post
    This sign of good will might be the difference in getting Suggs. I wasn't sure he was coming if the GUBoards wasn't being nice.
    Suggs will come/not come and be gone in a year. Let’s hope Caldy sticks around. Except for murdering ducks, of course. Kiddddddding.

Suggs will come/not come and be gone in a year. Let’s hope Caldy sticks around. Except for murdering ducks, of course. Kiddddddding.
    Ducks in the winter, fly fishing the rest of the year!!