Page 61 of 80 FirstFirst ... 115157585960616263646571 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,525 of 1986

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    To me, the lack of response from Dom Harris is telling. Hope I’m not reading much in to it. Haven’t heard from Caldwell today either.
    He will announce Gonzaga tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Yes, but can GU keep him? How strong is the international interest...

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    To me, the lack of response from Dom Harris is telling. Hope Iím not reading much in to it. Havenít heard from Caldwell today either.
    Was duck hunting all day!! 40 degree January day and a limit of ducks. Come home and see Suggs moved up his decision date and it's a great day. Although Evan Daniels tweeted that he will continue to look at the pro route, it is highly highly unlikely that's the way he will go. When he announced Gonzaga there is no indication he will not fulfill his commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by ZagsObserver View Post
    Yes, but can GU keep him? How strong is the international interest...
    Yes, I do think he will be a Zag.

Zags are going to be good either way.... Hope he chooses us.

Go Zags

#runthetable

Was duck hunting all day!! 40 degree January day and a limit of ducks. Come home and see Suggs moved up his decision date and it's a great day. Although Evan Daniels tweeted that he will continue to look at the pro route, it is highly highly unlikely that's the way he will go. When he announced Gonzaga there is no indication he will not fulfill his commitment.

Is this some kind of an allusion to scouting for a rematch? Maybe the 2 top seeds out west?

Maybe the tell tale sign will be what kind of ducks made up the limit? Lots of trash ducks here in Florida at the moment.
    I'm really hoping it was a limit full of Mallards & Sprig!
    5 star ducks I hope?

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    Is this some kind of an allusion to scouting for a rematch? Maybe the 2 top seeds out west?
    Haha I think the Zags did a nice job Duck hunting this year too!!

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    Maybe the tell tale sign will be what kind of ducks made up the limit? Lots of trash ducks here in Florida at the moment.
    I'm really hoping it was a limit full of Mallards & Sprig!
    5 star ducks I hope?
    4 Mallards beautiful Northerners!! 1 Hooded merganser, and two lesser scaups (trash ducks in my opinion)

Quote Originally Posted by StatZag19 View Post
    Julian must feel pretty confident.

4 Mallards beautiful Northerners!! 1 Hooded merganser, and two lesser scaups (trash ducks in my opinion)
    All I see are the Mallards! The merganser is a bit of a wild card though.
    Overall nice limit, four 5stars that's plenty!! I feel better.

Quote Originally Posted by FloridaZagFan View Post
    All I see are the Mallards! The merganser is a bit of a wild card though.
    Overall nice limit, four 5stars that's plenty!! I feel better.
    Normally all I will I shoot are green heads but today was tough hunting so I expanded a little!!

Zags will get our 5 star tomorrow!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Game starts at 6pm EST --- annoucement at halftime.
    Paul Biancardi
    @PaulBiancardi
    ∑ 46m
    Breaking News.
    Jalen Suggs will make his college decision on Friday January 3rd, at halftime of the 9pm ET game between The Patrick School & Sierra Canyon on ESPN2.

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    As I posted from very beginning, Iowa St has been a serious contender as they offered him in both Football and Basketball from the get go.

Also, Minnesota Gophers football coach PJ Fleck, along with the bball Coach Pitino laid out a plan for dual sports offer for him.

If he chooses basketball, I believe its Gonzaga.

If his heart is set on football, then I suspect the hometown Gophers or Iowa St are still in play.

No midwestern college football program and coach is hotter right now than Minnesota...and PJ Fleck is VERY convincing.

It all depends if he chose bball or both.

If you listen to local recruiting buzz in MM, everyone talks of Suggs playing professionally, as his parents have been very involved and outspoken looking into oversea options.
    Iím not sweating the football possibility at all. I wasnít before I watched that tv interview that was posted earlier and certainly iím not now. In that interview, Suggs was specifically asked how he decided on football v basketball. I believe his answer specifically stated that he discussed with his family and for many reasons basketball was the choice.

Caldwell certainly knows more on the Suggs topic than I do but I know what I was told very recently. It was very clear that everyone involved at Gonzaga expects Suggs will be a Zag. Letís hopefully enjoy the announcement and not speculate too much after. Also, I would imagine that eSPN will absolutely ask him about the ďprofessional routeĒ so hopefully he puts that to bed tomorrow as well.

This thread cracks me up. There’s certainly two posters who have proven knowledge on recruiting, but if they don’t chime in every so often the roar of speculation increases to the point that the sky starts falling. Then they come back and settle things down with a few people wondering if the the knowledgeable people are less knowledgeable than proven. Such a fascinating cycle!

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    I get zero reassurance from this long winded, but short sourced article. Overseas still seems a possibility ...
    So.....even though it's very likely he announces Gonzaga tomorrow, it sounds like I'm not going to get the "I was wrong" promised by you until the oversees thing is put to bed. And that's fine, I can wait.

But from this layman's perspective, his long term interests are served best by playing college hoops (for the number one team in the country).
    It's peanut butter jelly time!

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousZ View Post
    So.....even though it's very likely he announces Gonzaga tomorrow, it sounds like I'm not going to get the "I was wrong" promised by you until the oversees thing is put to bed. And that's fine, I can wait.

But from this layman's perspective, his long term interests are served best by playing college hoops (for the number one team in the country).
    Yup. Until he suits up for the ‘20-‘21 season opener against Our Lady of Bloomingdales Northwest.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    Paul Biancardi
    @PaulBiancardi
    ∑ 46m
    Breaking News.
    Jalen Suggs will make his college decision on Friday January 3rd, at halftime of the 9pm ET game between The Patrick School & Sierra Canyon on ESPN2.
    This! 6 pm PST

It pretty much all hinges on the Portland outcome now.
    Agent provocateur

Quote Originally Posted by Malastein View Post
    This thread cracks me up. There’s certainly two posters who have proven knowledge on recruiting, but if they don’t chime in every so often the roar of speculation increases to the point that the sky starts falling. Then they come back and settle things down with a few people wondering if the the knowledgeable people are less knowledgeable than proven. Such a fascinating cycle!
    That was exactly my response when I got on this evening. Good grief.
    I will thank God for the day and the moment I have. - Jimmy V

Not sure if it as been posted today, but 247 Crystal Ball has 13 predictions now all pointing to Suggs going to the Zags and not Pro. I don't usually put alot of faith in 247 but when it is this unanimous they are rarely wrong.

Good enough for me.

I wanted to reiterate some detective work I did earlier. Points of fact:
    1. In the news broadcast the anchor man asked if he was going somewhere close that you can drive to.
    2. His coach said you can drive anywhere these days.
    3. I did some research and, come to find out, it's nigh impossible to drive across the ocean (I don't know if its the volume of the water, the sinkiness of cars, the lack of gas stations along the way, difficulty with getting google maps out there, or what).

I have thus deduced that he will not be playing overseas.

Quote Originally Posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
    Good enough for me.

I wanted to reiterate some detective work I did earlier. Points of fact:
    1. In the news broadcast the anchor man asked if he was going somewhere close that you can drive to.
    2. His coach said you can drive anywhere these days.
    3. I did some research and, come to find out, it's nigh impossible to drive across the ocean (I don't know if its the volume of the water, the sinkiness of cars, the lack of gas stations along the way, difficulty with getting google maps out there, or what).

I have thus deduced that he will not be playing overseas.
    Now thatís the kind of research I can get behind. Nicely done.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Yup. Until he suits up for the ‘20-‘21 season opener against Our Lady of Bloomingdales Northwest.
    Hey, don't discount them. They are returning 4 starters

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    Hey, don't discount them. They are returning 4 starters
    If that’s so, Few won’t schedule them.