Page 60 of 80 FirstFirst ... 105056575859606162636470 ... LastLast
Results 1,476 to 1,500 of 1986

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

I am nervous, and have my fingers crossed.
    When a top player or two look at the success GU has had without a bunch of Macdonald recruits seldom getting a concensus 5 star recruit (went to National Championship game the first time it happened) I will not be surprised for a few of them to come here to get a National Trophy. Our national rankings always outstrip our national recruiting rankings, although that gap has closed in last 5 years.

If he commits to Gonzaga, I think he comes to Gonzaga as I really don't think that he is going to go overseas. The way the NBA draft slots work, if he went overseas and dropped even one spot it would nearly offset anything he made in that one year. On the flip side, if you go the college route, you are able to build a brand which has financial value plus are in the spotlight before the draft.

hmm.... do find a bit fascinating Dom Harris hasnt commented yet about his announcement via Social media...i would guess that Dom would know already..

My confidence is about 40% right now. I got my hopes up for Brandon Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by RockandRollJames View Post
    Also, not exactly what I wanted to hear:

Evan Daniels
    @EvanDaniels
    Five-star guard Jalen Suggs will announce his college choice tomorrow evening on ESPN. While he will announce a college, Suggs is still considering the professional route, a source tell @247Sports.

https://twitter.com/EvanDaniels/stat...701256193?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    If he commits to Gonzaga, I think he comes to Gonzaga as I really don't think that he is going to go overseas. The way the NBA draft slots work, if he went overseas and dropped even one spot it would nearly offset anything he made in that one year. On the flip side, if you go the college route, you are able to build a brand which has financial value plus are in the spotlight before the draft.
    Honestly, many parents out there are not doing the math. Money in the immediate future often trumps delayed gratification. And yes, the parents often influence these sorts of decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    They literally have nothing in common.

But please - keep trying to fire people up and hedge so that you can say "I told you so". When he's wearing a GU jersey next fall, you'll be silent about all of your wrong predictions and misinformation about his recruitment, and will be complaining about how he shouldn't have been a 5 star.
    Right, blame the messenger for the unsettling news. Mature. And the kid is a bit of a drama queen. ESPN moved his date, how?

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    hmm.... do find a bit fascinating Dom Harris hasnt commented yet about his announcement via Social media...i would guess that Dom would know already..

Oh, donít mention BW.

In the yann.edits IG post, Dom Harris comments that the commitment will be on his birthday.

Julian committed on his birthday. Hoping Jalen commits on Dom's birthday tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Oh, don’t mention BW.
    I do agree with others its not the exact same situation as Suggs has indicated more of an interest in us than BW.. but this is drawn out much like the BW thing... Suggs has indicated forever that the zags are his #1 choice, yet we have been waiting like puppy dogs with a nice steak hovering over its head.

If you are going to commit, commit. If there are still options on the table after a "commitment".. wait a little longer.

hmm.... do find a bit fascinating Dom Harris hasnt commented yet about his announcement via Social media...i would guess that Dom would know already.
    Maybe not Dom, but Julian's retweeting a bunch of Suggs/Zags stuff from today.

Right, blame the messenger for the unsettling news. Mature. And the kid is a bit of a drama queen. ESPN moved his date, how?
    Nothing I've read is unsettling. I would bet Caldwell has more info on this situation that Evan Daniels. You obviously don;t based on your disrespect towards him and others.

He's a teenager in 2019 - they are all drama queens. I would bet ESPN moved it because there wasn't enough time in the broadcast time slot of his game to coordinate an announcement. But I'm sure you know more about this than me.

Hilarious that you throw "mature" out there when you're on here banging on teenagers relentlessly.

Go join https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/godi...basketball-f2/ They are looking for new fans.

Never realized Jalen is 6'5" with a 6'4" wingspan.

Much like Brandon Clarke or even Sabonis, his elite level athleticism negates the short wingspan.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzagit View Post
    Nothing I've read is unsettling. I would bet Caldwell has more info on this situation that Evan Daniels. You obviously don;t based on your disrespect towards him and others.

He's a teenager in 2019 - they are all drama queens. I would bet ESPN moved it because there wasn't enough time in the broadcast time slot of his game to coordinate an announcement. But I'm sure you know more about this than me.

Hilarious that you throw "mature" out there when you're on here banging on teenagers relentlessly.

Go join https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/godi...basketball-f2/ They are looking for new fans.
    You go.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Vulture View Post
    If he commits to Gonzaga, I think he comes to Gonzaga as I really don't think that he is going to go overseas.
    The fact that this even needs to be stated explicitly is an indictment of the process.

Don't claim a decision or commitment to a specific path (specific college) if what you mean to do is merely limit your remaining paths (specific college, or one of many overseas professional teams).

If that is the case with Suggs (not sure that it is) - simply announce (or inform the relevant schools) which options you are excluding from possibility.

Oh, don’t mention BW.
    Sadly, his chronic bum knee kept him out of the later part of last year and also this year.

If that same injury had flared up for him at GU, he wouldn't have been there for WCC/NCAA tourney, when our lack of guard depth really killed us.

Hitting the S-R now ..... Five-star recruit Jalen Suggs announcing college decision Friday on ESPN2

https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...-content%3Damp

By Jim Meehan
    jimm@spokesman.com
    (208) 659-3791
    Five-star recruit Jalen Suggs, who lists Gonzaga among his potential destinations, has moved up his announcement to Friday night, one day earlier than planned.
    http://www.fowlplaces.com/zags/GoZagsTinySignGuyGlassesColor.png

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post
    Hitting the S-R now ..... Five-star recruit Jalen Suggs announcing college decision Friday on ESPN2

To me, the lack of response from Dom Harris is telling. Hope Iím not reading much in to it. Havenít heard from Caldwell today either.

Hearing good things through the grape vine--- !!! #GoZags

Quote Originally Posted by Zagger View Post

What time (EST or CST) will the announcement be aired?

Game starts at 6pm EST --- annoucement at halftime.

To me, the lack of response from Dom Harris is telling. Hope I’m not reading much in to it. Haven’t heard from Caldwell today either.
    He posted something about it on IG today

Grown-ass people stalking 16 and 17 year olds on social media like we're eagerly awaiting a text from our crushes. This is what the love of Gonzaga basketball makes us do.

On this recruitment, I got to say, I feel good, and I'm not scared at all. I just feel kind of... kind of invincible
    https://images.app.goo.gl/2qtgHv1TsVutFhdn6
    Last edited by sonuvazag; 01-02-2020 at 03:59 PM. Reason: Had to get something in before post 1500
    Agent provocateur

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    Grown-ass people stalking 16 and 17 year olds on social media like we're eagerly awaiting a text from our crushes. This is what the love of Gonzaga basketball makes us do.
    Fan is short for FANATIC... much easier to admit it once you've accepted it... ha ha ha...

Go!! Zags!!!
    "Learn from the past, Plan for the future, Live in the Now!"