Page 56 of 93 FirstFirst ... 64652535455565758596066 ... LastLast
Results 1,376 to 1,400 of 2320

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

The Oracle of Caldwell has spoken. I'll sleep like a baby tonight. Already got my Suggs Jersey at the printers!

a verbal in suggs case wouldn't mean a whole lot if the only factors in play are zags or overseas...even an loi wouldn't matter. he could still head presumably down under anytime before school starts.

On the 5th Day of Suggsmas...

I can almost see the light at the edge of the tunnel...

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    That was all I was trying to say.

"By your logic, it seems that every team would be .500 (Win or Not), and every shooter would be 50% (Make it or Not)"

No his is how you perceive my logic. Decision obviously have more factors than a coin flip. Calculating probability is different than assigning a % to a result.

Actually each game is either a win or loss if ties are not allowed. The season is a string of wins or losses. You can calculate the winning % from the results.

Each shot is either made or missed. From the results you can calculate shooting %.

As far as becoming a zag or not it is a 1:1 equation. Adding options to the "or not" obviously changes the equation.

It's just my opinion . I'm not trying to start a debate.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    Fair enough.

Quote Originally Posted by WallaWallaZag View Post
    a verbal in suggs case wouldn't mean a whole lot if the only factors in play are zags or overseas...even an loi wouldn't matter. he could still head presumably down under anytime before school starts.
    You are correct but it has been stated by Suggs that if he verbals he will follow through. Jan 4th will be it no matter what from everything I am told.

The good news is Suggs has given many people on this board something to focus on during this dead time. The decision process he is going thru allows percentages, but the final answer is 50/50. Now back to GU basketball and basketball for the high school players. Go ZAGS.

I fear Michigan swooped in.

Quote Originally Posted by zagdontzig View Post
    based on what?

Jalen Suggs on Michigan/Juwan Howard. Juwan did do an in-home visit with Suggs and his family not long ago, not to mention Jalen watched Michigan-Gonzaga game in Bahamas, which wasn't our best effort.

"Juwan Howard, when he got the job, he hit me up. He was straightforward. He told me that he understands that it’s late in my recruitment, and that he wishes he got the job earlier so we could have started a relationship sooner, but he'd be kicking himself if he didn't reach out to me. Ever since then, we’ve had a couple good conversations — he’s real cool, gave me good advice.

"Whenever I’ve needed to ask him something, he’s been there whenever I reach out to him. He’s just cool people. That’s one of the parts that I really like about him — he doesn’t really act too much like a coach trying to get a player. He’s really just trying to get to know me, be cool with me, and that’s a big part for me in the process.

"He’s got the experience on where I want to get to. So, like I said, it’s nothing but positive. That’s my guy. So I’m going to continue to build that relationship and we’ll see where everything plays out."

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ts/1732119001/

Either way, I’m ready for this whole thing to be over.
    I hope he picks Gonzaga. He appears to be the real deal.
    If he picks Michigan, good luck.
    I’ll be disappointed but I’ll get over it.

I expect this board will blow up either way, for good or bad.

Default 2020 Jalen Suggs Offer

Quote Originally Posted by Goshzagit View Post
    Jalen Suggs on Michigan/Juwan Howard. Juwan did do an in-home visit with Suggs and his family not long ago, not to mention Jalen watched Michigan-Gonzaga game in Bahamas, which wasn't our best effort.

https://www.desmoinesregister.com/st...ts/1732119001/
    That article was posted in July...everything that I've heard mentioned in Minnesota says that Gonzaga is the choice if it's college and that it's the likely outcome. Thus far from everything I've seen Gonzaga is the only place that he has taken an official visit to (twice) which is very significant as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you are dead wrong...it would ruin Suggsmas for sure...

Thought it might be a two sport deal. But if Suggs is a Harbaugh qb recruit, he’s in more trouble than I thought.

Again - posted 5 months ago. I don't think he's taken an official to Michigan.

Article from 5 months ago

Makes you wonder how that fall visit went ----

Does not show a visit or even an offer from Michigna. While stranger things have happened a Michigan commit at this point would be a shock.

Man it’s almost as if some posters don’t want to hear Gonzaga called on Jan 4 purely to say “I told you so”
    Last edited by tenniszag; 12-30-2019 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by White lightning View Post
    I'm curious, because I'm not into gambling, does vegas place odds to support a wager in their favor or actually predict the outcome.

A lot of people drive the odds by placing a bet one way or another. The line changes to hedge the possibility of a loss to Vegas financially. Also vegas places odds to protect themselves from a major loss like lower payouts if Tiger wins another major, or a blue blood winning in march.

I'm sorry if my reply earlier took this thread off topic.

Go Gonzaga and come on Jalen. Make the right decision so we can start a new theead !!!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
    The goal of a bookie is always to have even betting on both sides of the bet. If the bets are one-sided then the line moves to draw more bets on the other side. If the bets are perfectly even, mathematically there is no risk to the bookie.

Quote Originally Posted by tenniszag View Post
    Man it’s almost as if some posters don’t want to here Gonzaga called on Jan 4 purely to say “I told you so”
    There's at least one.

Man it’s almost as if some posters don’t want to here Gonzaga called on Jan 4 purely to say “I told you so”
    I would never actually say that.....

Man it’s almost as if some posters don’t want to hear Gonzaga called on Jan 4 purely to say “I told you so”
    Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    There's at least one.
    Not me. I still think he’s going to be a Zag unless he goes pro. I just offered what I found. I also think the Harris family is working their angle.

Quote Originally Posted by YankMyZAG View Post
    There's at least one.
    Yeah, we just keep him around for the fun of it.
    Parlez-vous français?

On the 4th Day of Suggsmas...

96 hours