Page 73 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2363697071727374757677 ... LastLast
Results 1,801 to 1,825 of 1972

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    You said they only had one in top 100. Period. Own it.
    This statement is ridiculous. Nobody counts JUCO rankings as part of the regular high school rankings, not even you. If you did, you'd acknowledge that we've landed a #1-ranked recruit before:

https://247sports.com/player/mangisto-arop-61963/

Agree that Suggs will be in (not lucky to get in as jazz suggests -- but he is one of top guards in the country and is in)-- would love for at least one more of our guys to get there.

I will own that I pointed out that you are still wrong about Kansas getting 2 in the AA game.

I agree that if Kansas sees #159 3-star Gethro Muscadin in the game, something fishy is going on.

You said they only had one in top 100. Period. Own it. The point of this thread is not Kansas' recruiting status, it's burger game. You seized on my off hand comment that blue bloods like Kansas et al routinely get multiple players in the game just to throw shade on my whole position. Zags will be lucky to get one.
    I think you will start seeing Gonzaga get 2/3 a year very soon. In the college basketball circles Gonzaga is highly regarded and many are seeing us as the "New" Blue Blood. Our recruiting has skyrocketed in the last few years, Suggs took it to a whole new level, and to think next years class could have two top 5 recruits commit. Just saying that argument used to work Jazz, but we are a different animal than even last year, when we landed Timme and Watson.

Quote Originally Posted by scrooner View Post
    This statement is ridiculous. Nobody counts JUCO rankings as part of the regular high school rankings, not even you. If you did, you'd acknowledge that we've landed a #1-ranked recruit before:

https://247sports.com/player/mangisto-arop-61963/
    Your partner tried a cheap shot at gotcha. Point was not how many precisely each blue blood gets in, just that as a group they have always dominated the rosters.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    I think you will start seeing Gonzaga get 2/3 a year very soon. In the college basketball circles Gonzaga is highly regarded and many are seeing us as the "New" Blue Blood. Our recruiting has skyrocketed in the last few years, Suggs took it to a whole new level, and to think next years class could have two top 5 recruits commit. Just saying that argument used to work Jazz, but we are a different animal than even last year, when we landed Timme and Watson.
    Even you don't believe GU will get 3 burger boys in a single year.

You said that Kansas has 2 top-100 recruits coming in. Zagdawg politely corrected you. You responded that he was wrong because technically one of Kansas' JUCO transfers is ranked in the top-100 (again, among JUCO transfers). There is only one person playing gotcha here.

But they do, per the list I posted. The provenance of the player is irrelevant.

Even you don't believe GU will get 3 burger boys in a single year.
    I would not rule out class of 2021 having three burger boys.

I would not rule out class of 2021 having three burger boys.
    Chet and Paolo will be burger boys. Bittle will be a burger boy, Christie will be a burger boy, Silva will be fringe, Watson fringe, Sallis fringe, Collins fringe, Gregg low fringe I doubt he makes it without huge AAU season, and Perry (commit) fringe. Of those names I think we land 3-4 of them plus other names will pop up this spring. If we land 3-4 we will get 3 burger boys.

I hereby suggest we rename this thread the Cannabis Corner.

Lol and to think I have never touch any kind of cannabis in my life. It's amazing what being an optimist can do, plus knowing where we stand with everyone on that list helps.

Not so long ago you made a proclamation / threat / potential promise of sorts, that you were done with the Whelping Box, and would not longer be commenting in the Box anymore. Oh, how I wish you were a man of your word, at least in accordance with what you stated about the Whelping Box.

Quote Originally Posted by Spike#1 View Post
    Not so long ago you made a proclamation / threat / potential promise of sorts, that you were done with the Whelping Box, and would not longer be commenting in the Box anymore. Oh, how I wish you were a man of your word, at least in accordance with what you stated about the Whelping Box.
    You got it. I’m outta here.

Lol and to think I have never touch any kind of cannabis in my life. It's amazing what being an optimist can do, plus knowing where we stand with everyone on that list helps.
    You're missing out . . .

boooooooo

That’s all it took? Who else wants to play?

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    You're missing out . . .
    Lol I do like a good beer, but no weed for me. Not that I am against it or care if others do it I just never had the desire to have any, working with high schoolers daily and seeing many of them stoned out of their mind does not make me want to try it.

Fair enough. To each their own!

I've said this many times before...

IF YOU HATE READING HIS POSTS SO DARN MUCH THEN USE YOUR IGNORE BUTTON!!!

I don't have a problem reading his or posts by anyone else...

As much as Jazz comes at me on my optimism I would prefer him to stay. He brings a different voice, yes sometimes overly a Nah-sayer, but different is good for the most part. I promise Jazz will piss me off at some point again and I will call him out, but ultimately Jazz (and Spy for the most part) are good for our community.

Plus when I was right about a recruit, I love to see him back pedal

Quote Originally Posted by Grand Valley Zag View Post
    Fair enough. To each their own!
    That's how I look at it as well.

Chet and Paolo will be burger boys. Bittle will be a burger boy, Christie will be a burger boy, Silva will be fringe, Watson fringe, Sallis fringe, Collins fringe, Gregg low fringe I doubt he makes it without huge AAU season, and Perry (commit) fringe. Of those names I think we land 3-4 of them plus other names will pop up this spring. If we land 3-4 we will get 3 burger boys.
    Handful of names here I haven't seen mentioned before.

Never inhaled but them brownies were dam good!!!

As much as Jazz comes at me on my optimism I would prefer him to stay. He brings a different voice, yes sometimes overly a Nah-sayer, but different is good for the most part. I promise Jazz will piss me off at some point again and I will call him out, but ultimately Jazz (and Spy for the most part) are good for our community.

Plus when I was right about a recruit, I love to see him back pedal
    Back atcha, Caldy. I will be back. Maybe when Suggs puts on a uni that's in English.