Page 72 of 79 FirstFirst ... 2262686970717273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,776 to 1,800 of 1972

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Last year Cam Johnson was a lottery pick as a 5th year senior.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
    Last year Cam Johnson was a lottery pick as a 5th year senior.
    If m emory serves - he broke our back! Thought he was the best get in the draft even though he was also the oldest lottery pick...

Quote Originally Posted by Bogozags View Post
    If m emory serves - he broke our back! Thought he was the best get in the draft even though he was also the oldest lottery pick...
    Yes he did, unfortunately I remember that game very vividly as tickets to that one was my Christmas present last year. At least we got a little payback this year, I was just hoping we’d get to beat them twice.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Am glad JS chose GU as I just watched UM vs Minnesota and if Suggs chose Minnesota they’d have a very good team next year...

Am glad JS chose GU as I just watched UM vs Minnesota and if Suggs chose Minnesota they’d have a very good team next year...
    there's a decent chance oteru wouldn't be around by the time suggs arrived as the nba guys are starting to take notice...the rest of their roster is pretty meh. they are barely over 500 for a reason.

Will JS be our first home grown burger boy? Does the game occur before the hard LOI deadline?

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Will JS be our first home grown burger boy? Does the game occur before the hard LOI deadline?
    Collins was a Burger Boy.

Suggs, Harris, and Strawther have all been nominated to participate in the MCD AA game. The game is played 4/1/20 in Houston. The Spring "Regular" NLI Signing Period for 2020 Grads enrolling in college for the 20-21 school year opens April 15 and closes May 2020
    Last edited by RenoZag; 01-14-2020 at 01:52 PM.

Would love to get a preview of things to come with the three of them on the court together (ideally same AA team).

Quote Originally Posted by RenoZag View Post
    Suggs, Harris, and Strawther have all been nominated to participate in the MCD AA game. The game is play 4/1/20 in Houston. The Spring "Regular" NLI Signing Period for 2020 Grads enrolling in college for the 20-21 school year opens April 15 and closes May 2020
    Hmmm, interesting juxtaposition of dates. Could shine in the game, then bail. As for the others, hundreds of kids get nominated, basically meaningless. The chosen ones get in via politics and blue blood spots- Duke gets 2-3 a year, KU, UK, even the Tucson weasel have annual chits. So I’d put Suggs chances at 60-40 yes. The others, none. They’re not even top 50 last I looked, which seems unfair, but that’s AAU.

Hmmm, interesting juxtaposition of dates. Could shine in the game, then bail. As for the others, hundreds of kids get nominated, basically meaningless. The chosen ones get in via politics and blue blood spots- Duke gets 2-3 a year, KU, UK, even the Tucson weasel have annual chits. So I’d put Suggs chances at 60-40 yes.
    60-40 is optimistic for you jazz, I have him in the game for sure 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Your mouth to god’s ears, Caldy.

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    Isn't JS ranked in the Top 10 of every recruiting list, if so then he will play in that game as they are going to need at minimum two guards per team and I'll bet there will be at least three on each roster...

Isn't JS ranked in the Top 10 of every recruiting list, if so then he will play in that game as they are going to need at minimum two guards per team and I'll bet there will be at least three on each roster...
    Yes he is and he will be in the game I have no doubt in my mind. I was pointing out that Jazz was more optimistic than normal, we actually have a better than 50/50 shot

Thought he [Cam Johnson] was the best get in the draft even though he was also the oldest lottery pick...
    *cough* Brandon Clarke was picked #21 *cough*

Meaningless in terms of projecting actual selectees. 500 boys nominated. Duke will have 3, UK 3, UNC 3, KU 2, Zona....same old ....

Meaningless in terms of projecting actual selectees. 500 boys nominated. Duke will have 3, UK 3, UNC 3, KU 2, Zona....same old ....
    I predict Suggs and Harris make it.

Go Zags!

Need to get nominated in order to get selected-- so there is a start-- which makes it not meaningless. Congrats to all of our signees who made the list.

Hate to tell you that you are wrong again jazz-- but the chances of Kansas getting 2 AA in the game are pretty slim with only 1 top 100 recruit coming in.

Quote Originally Posted by LTownZag View Post
    *cough* Brandon Clarke was picked #21 *cough*
    To be honest, I really didn't think BC had a future in the NBA, because he seemed to be a "tweeter," which is why I liked Johnson. I doubt anyone really believed that BC would be, statistically that is, one of the best rookies of all time...I'm happy for him and hope he stays healthy for 10+ years...

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    Need to get nominated in order to get selected-- so there is a start-- which makes it not meaningless. Congrats to all of our signees who made the list.

Hate to tell you that you are wrong again jazz-- but the chances of Kansas getting 2 AA in the game are pretty slim with only 1 top 100 recruit coming in.
    I count 2

https://247sports.com/college/kansas...tball/Commits/

I see 1 -- dont know that community college transfers are included in the High school AA game.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...s/_/order/true

Quote Originally Posted by Zagdawg View Post
    I see 1 -- dont know that community college transfers are included in the High school AA game.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/b...s/_/order/true
    You said they only had one in top 100. Period. Own it. The point of this thread is not Kansas' recruiting status, it's burger game. You seized on my off hand comment that blue bloods like Kansas et al routinely get multiple players in the game just to throw shade on my whole position. Zags will be lucky to get one.

It might be that they generally each have several top 25 incoming recruits and the McDonalds game is supposed to have the best 24 players, or I suppose it could just be a conspiracy to reward the blue bloods.

Quote Originally Posted by bdmiller7 View Post
    It might be that they generally each have several top 25 incoming recruits and the McDonalds game is supposed to have the best 24 players, or I suppose it could just be a conspiracy to reward the blue bloods.
    Both things are true.