Page 92 of 93 FirstFirst ... 4282888990919293 LastLast
Results 2,276 to 2,300 of 2320

Thread: 2020 Jalen Suggs: Verbal Commit on 1/3/20

Weingarten says he’s coming and he always has been. Nice.

Suggs signs!!!

One more piece to support the above:

https://247sports.com/college/basket...ton-146074161/

"Jalen Suggs’ camp hasn’t shied away from the pro talk and have acknowledged in the past it’s would be under consideration. A source told 247Sports on Wednesday that Suggs, who is committed to Gonzaga, is content on college right now, and certainly wouldn’t be going overseas due to the coronavirus pandemic"

These comments combined with the LOI today make me feel pretty good that the only reason Suggs won't be on campus next year is due to pandemic concerns and not because he went pro.

https://twitter.com/JonRothstein/sta...922222594?s=20

Gonzaga has signed 5 star prospect Jalen Suggs to an NLI, per release.

Quote Originally Posted by willandi View Post
    https://gozags.com/sports/mens-basketball

https://gozags.com/news/2020/4/15/me...uit-suggs.aspx

Gonzaga men's basketball head coach Mark Few announced the signing of Jalen Suggs to a National Letter of Intent Wednesday.
    Jazzus wept.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

https://twitter.com/jakeweingarten/s...612312065?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over a dozen posts this morning but all of a sudden radio silence from jazzy? Out on a walk enjoying the sunshine? Time to celebrate the suggs signing!

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    Over a dozen posts this morning but all of a sudden radio silence from jazzy? Out on a walk enjoying the sunshine? Time to celebrate the suggs signing!
    Are you surprised? Maybe we can stop with the attacks on the young mans character also.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzdelmar View Post
    Nothing sadder than an old headline
    LOL. only thing sadder is premature gloom and cynicism based on 11th hour rumors by random strangers on Twitter - all while ignoring much evidence to the contrary

There is no elite HS basketball talent dreaming about winning a championship for the Fort Wayne Mad Ants

I'm guessing we can expect a lot more until Suggs wraps up his career here, and beyond!

Quote Originally Posted by CarolinaZagFan View Post
    Jazzus wept.
    Clever play Carolina! But "It ain't over till it's over" And I am no Yankee fan!

Go Zags! Welcome Jalen

Quote Originally Posted by gonstu View Post
    He fell in the river looking for Caldy. Somewhere downstream I would guess.....Let the Uh...Uh...Uh..."Well he's not really a Zag til he plays all of 2020-21 season. He could leave by Thanksgiving." I say let the new Trio as an addition to a strong Zag team we already are excited for play the game we all love. Negativity aside and enjoy what is to come. I am more excited to see this team play than any Zag team ever. Can't wait!

Go Zags!

Zagnut 2012

Quote Originally Posted by zagfan08 View Post
    Weingarten says he’s coming and he always has been. Nice.
    CaldwellZag says he is coming and has always been, but some don't trust my sources! Just saying!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaga View Post
    Clever play Carolina! But "It ain't over till it's over" And I am no Yankee fan!

Go Zags! Welcome Jalen
    Haha! I know, still a little nervous but just having a little fun.
    "There is always some kid who may be seeing me for the first time. I owe him my best."--Joe DiMaggio

Quote Originally Posted by Zaga View Post

Go Zags! Welcome Jalen
    Lawrence Peter Berra and I agree.

jazz meltdown in 3.....2.......1

Quote Originally Posted by caldwellzag View Post
    CaldwellZag says he is coming and has always been, but some don't trust my sources! Just saying!
    Someone must have gotten skunked recently

This entire recruitment has been disrespectful.

An 18 year old kid has held the Gonzaga athletic department, it’s basketball coaching staff, the current players and potential recruits hostage by not being straightforward from the time of his “announcement “ until now.

He and his family should have flat out said he was committing to Gonzaga or kept quiet. Making an announcement like that and then “keeping his options open “ was not helpful to anyone.

I don’t have a problem with the kid and his family doing what they feel is in Jalen’s best interest, but it could have been done in a way that was more respectful to everyone involved.

I know one thing. He better be as good as he thinks he is or it won’t be pretty.

I’m still open to loving this kid but he’s going to have to earn it.

PSA (maybe just to Jazz) I will hold off until mid-June with Suggs actually steps foot on campus, but I am expecting public post stating that I was wrong about Suggs this entire time, my pessimistic view clouded the reality that I was told by Caldwell all the way back from the time Suggs took his first visit on campus.

I don't think you guys understand this recruitment and commitment have been in the bag from the first time Suggs stepped foot on campus. There was a conversation that took place that lead me to say Suggs would be a Zag before Strawther (I was wrong there yep I can admit that). The only thing that has slowed this down is how highly rated Suggs is and how many other people are trying to make a dime or two off of Suggs. Was the professional route looked at? Yes it was. Was it a realistic option, at times it was 20/80 pro/Zag. Has Jalen been the one making the pro comments (one on the TV interview when he VC). All the other noise has come from people around him, Jalen and his family LOVE GONZAGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by IowaSERE View Post
    Someone must have gotten skunked recently
    I was skunked the last day of the South Fork being opened until June, does that count! Well skunked on Rainbows, caught several whitefish, but they don't really count.

Quote Originally Posted by Markburn1 View Post

An 18 year old kid has held the Gonzaga athletic department, it’s basketball coaching staff, the current players and potential recruits hostage by not being straightforward from the time of his “announcement “ until now.

He and his family should have flat out said he was committing to Gonzaga or kept quiet. Making an announcement like that and then “keeping his options open “ was not helpful to anyone.

I don’t have a problem with the kid and his family doing what they feel is in Jalen’s best interest, but it could have been done in a way that was more respectful to everyone involved.

I know one thing. He better be as good as he thinks he is or it won’t be pretty.

I 100% disagree with this entire post. Those who think this listen to sources that are not in the know. Few gave him his blessing to explore the professional option, yep that's right I have not said that at all until now, but come on guys get off the kids back. He loves the Zags and has always been coming if he couldn't find huge life changing money to play pro ball.

Im sure earning your love is at the top of his list of things to do.
    How do you know that he wasn't forthright with the team and administration? Are you sure it wasn't just us dopes that were in the dark? Begrudging a 18 year old kid for doing what is in his best interests for his career is a bad look. Maybe you should earn his love

I am sure he and his family will lose sleep over this one

Quote Originally Posted by zagsfanforlife View Post
    I am sure he and his family will lose sleep over this one
    Maybe Bancheros will.